Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Audi RS5 Cabby Wing Mirror - Driver Side
Last Poster: Mannystk in Wanted on Today at 01:30:40 PM
Hard as hell to locate so might as well give it a try here.

Need an RS5 or S5 Convertible Driver Side Wing Mirror.

Re: Strange tinny/din noise on my Pirelli.
Last Poster: hicksyyy in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 12:30:33 PM
not sure if the video was uploaded?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Back in the game - Cupra black
Last Poster: Andy in Random Chat on Today at 12:26:18 PM
Welcome back Jon

Still put a build thread up in this forum

Re: You've left your lights on alarm
Last Poster: rich83 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:42:52 AM
 :phew:

Re: Fitting LED puddle lights HELP
Last Poster: Mannystk in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 10:25:13 AM
You got any before and after pics?

Also what is the bulb type required? Wondering weather to do this but only if the LEDS are bright enough

Re: DIY - Cam Chain and Tensioner Guide
Last Poster: Terry82 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 10:08:25 AM
Great write up. Iv read through it a few times now. Think I'll give it a go myself. There's no record of it been done on my gti service history.
 What would all the parts and vw tools cost roughly?

Re: New member looking to get mk5 GTi - now owner!
Last Poster: GTi.Si in New Member Intro's on Today at 09:32:55 AM
So after my last reply I had issues getting on the forum, all sorted thanks to Andy

Re: Need help RNS510 fit standalone AUX
Last Poster: SI-R32 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 12:14:13 AM
you can see the answer to your question here where I think I've already answered it for you

http://www.r32oc.com/topic/237881-rns-510-bluetooth-issue/

Re: colour coordination opinions
Last Poster: OirishGTI in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:04:42 PM
I have a grey Gti now and am debating not colour coordinating the car and putting an edition 30 lip on it and leaving the lip black..anyone seen that done? any pics?
this is all I could find pic wise  http://www.ta-lung.com.tw/product.php?id=353 not an edition 30 lip though

Re: Rolling road day
Last Poster: Andy in Shows, Events and Meets on Yesterday at 11:03:57 PM
Manchester

Re: Is 103K a lot of miles?
Last Poster: Leco_GTI in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:49:32 PM
Before I bought mine (2 months ago) I saw one on Auto Trader being advertised with 250k on the clock but it wasn't an ED30, it was a standard 2005 GTI. The car is no longer listed  :wink:

Re: "Immobilizer Active"
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:39:43 PM
Cheers dan  :happy2:
Will report with update after changing few bits

Re: Best Tyre Size For 19" Alloys?
Last Poster: flashp in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:57:42 PM
Buy the correct size and be aware that you can get the fantastic Pilot Sport 4s for a 19" which isn't available for 18" unfortunately.
Maybe next time...

I would have loved to but no way can

Re: Anyone had a service lately ?
Last Poster: Frodo-anni in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:29:56 PM
Just paid £157 for minor service, brake fluid change & mot on wife's Leon 2.0t at VW dealer & £276 for rear disc/pads & dust guards on my Ed30. Local indie couldn't get anywhere near.

Been using my local main dealer since 2006, so get well looked after with pricing, further reason why I still have a VW and return each year.  :happy2:

Re: Photoshop requests...??
Last Poster: D_Philli_82 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:27:34 PM
Actually don't mind the bottom ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURBO OVERBOOSTING!!!!!!!!
Last Poster: IOMAL in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:44:21 PM
I had s VCDS scan on my GT TDI today , was loosing power on boost and going into limp mode ,until a switch off then it would reset and it would be ok for a bit ,here's the codes and results ,my local garage is saying replace the turbo but what do you guys think ? [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-c

Re: Take it easy before the remap?
Last Poster: AJP in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 07:56:21 PM
Some good points made in this thread. It's so easy (and quite affordable) these days to hit 400+. With the likes of the TTE hybrids along with the usual 2+ bolt-ons, more and more cars are out there at this state of tune. One side of the argument is that because of sheer numbers there will be more failures to read about than in the days when 400+ was reserved for big money builds w

Re: Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30
Last Poster: Martin_jk in Members Rides on Yesterday at 07:53:06 PM
All this selling talk has me feeling a bit sad   :signLOL: but I hope you guys will stay on the forum when you have your new pride and joys.

I completely understand where you are coming from concerning the 4WD stuff it is essential in the UK if you want driveability and to get the power dow

Re: fit bit disgrace !!!!!
Last Poster: doylebros in Random Chat on Yesterday at 07:52:40 PM
This is was on Watchdog (Ann Robinson) a few weeks back - strap issues

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/1a51543e-c9b6-441f-a0a2-4094e81aefaf

RNS 510 v14 maps help.
Last Poster: peteneedham in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 07:42:24 PM
Having problem updating the maps on my rns,ive tried the dvd dl way and it does not read,so ive gone down the sd card way the first time i did it i did not notice the size of the files so i put them on a 4gb card and it loaded onto rns ok but the maps are right but the street names are wrong because the files are bigger than 4gb so guess some is missing.
Today ive brought a 16

Shoutbox

KW Coilovers V1
£760.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

For sale

As above KW coilovers available, minimal use while on the car in good condition. V1 stainless steel bodies good for many years.

Superb quality and the ride is great, i believe these could possibly fit many cars on similar platform Golf,Leon,Scirocco, A3. Around 950 1k new.

Manchester for pick up or your welcome to arrange courier.
    07eight1five94590five
    £760
    VW RCD510 headunit with DAB
    £170.00
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery or Collection

Selling VW RCD510 headunit with DAB. In good condition, has the code. Has built in CD changer with MP3 support, SD connection, supports AUX and bluetooth aswell.

Price is 170 collected or 180 delivered. If paying via PayPal + fees/gift.
    Golf 2005 GTi Mk 5
    £4450.00
    Collection Only

Golf Gti 2.0ltr 2005, with full service history, all major works done, completely standard never modified, currently sitting at 137k miles

a few things are Manual ( ok not DSG but then i wont have the 5k bill when the gearbox goes wrong, i have the feel from manual and gives the added thrill and boost for driving)
    Full leather dark grey interior with heated seats   :grin: :laugh: :wink:
    heated mirrors, auto lights, auto wipers

the silly Mobile phone holder was removed by the mechanic recently, and this also has a iphone and Android connector for MP3 in the glove box, also Parrot hands free :-)

work carried out such as :-
    a/c recharge march 2017
    full service, plugs, oil, air oil pollen filters march 2017
    steering rack and angle sensor changed april 2015
    cambelt and water pump and cam belt sensor changed march 2015
    osf coil spring and top mount, rear disks and pads and calipers march 2015
    both rear coil springs replaced march 2015
    4 wheel alignment dec 2013
    a/c compressor replaced july 2010
    front wishbone replaced and bushes may 2010

number of former keepers 2

engine type AXX

details and various other pics on request not a problem.
    2006 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0T Turbo DSG High Spec, Well Maintained
    £5950.00
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery Only

2006 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0T Turbo DSG

2 Previous Owners (last owner for 8 years)

5 Door

Black

6 Speed DSG Automatic Gearbox

MOT June 2017

99K Mileage

Full VW Service History (Last service carried out 1000 miles ago)

Volkswagen Service & MOT Plan

RTECH Stage 1 Remap (258BHP With Graph Printout And Full Health Check Printout)

Full Heated Leather Seats

Flat Bottom Multi Function Steering Wheel

Highline Clocks

Cruise Control

Xenon Headlights

Rear Parking Sensors

CD Changer

Auto Lights & Wipers / Footwell Lights / LED Interior Update

Reverse Mirror Dip

17” Grey Monza Alloy Wheels with Michelin Front Tyres And Bridgestone Rear Tyres With Loads Of Tread

2 Keys

HPI Clear

Very Clean Inside and Outside

Recent work includes new Air Conditioning Pump & Condenser, DSG Gearbox Service at 10/16, New Brake calipers and Springs, CV Boots, Brake Fluid Changed, Volkswagen Have Also Replaced Front Both Wings Under Warranty Due To Common Rust Issue, GFB Diverter Valve, Cam Follower, PCV Valve, Pollen Filter.

All The Common Failing Points Which You Will Find On The GTI’s Have Been Changed, The Car Is Ready To Go With No Mechanical Or Electronic Issues

Loads Of Receipts And All Previous MOT’s Present

Selling As We Need Bigger Car Due To New Baby

Test Drives Welcome On Proof Of Insurance To Drive Any Car
    RNS315 DAB SAT NAV
    £320.00
    Postage: undefined
    Delivery or Collection

RNS 315 DAB

FULL Post code
    Latets Maps
    DAB unit
    Built in Bluetooth