Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Rough valuation pleaseee!
Last Poster: Gtiene in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:13:04 AM
Hi all

Just testing the waters

The time may be coming where practicality prevails pleasure and the GTi may have to be sold

I could potentially get the car absorbed at my work place auction and see what I get however it's just too good of an example to send to the auction!

Details below please let me know what you think I'd get as a privat

Servicing at VW
Last Poster: unzippy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:52:50 AM
Hello
I have a modded Ed 30 with full VWSH.  I'm due an oil service but would like them to use 5W-40, any chance VW will if I ask them nicely?

Ramair induction kit
Last Poster: RetroRaz in Wanted on Today at 10:38:24 AM
Anyone have one for sale?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rear wheel speed sensor removal help needed
Last Poster: Sandman in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:19:56 AM
My car is due its MOT this week and for some stupid reason I left it till the last moment to get the abs/traction control/tyre pressure lights to switch off.

I though I would try replacing the wheel speed sensor first and if that didnt work I would replace the bearing.  I immediately ran into a problem when I tried to remove the bolt holding the sensor in place.  It was

Re: Mk5 Golf GTi - Retro Fitting Xenon Headlights
Last Poster: willni in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Today at 08:49:16 AM
Also I just retro fitted OEM xenons, got a really solid company called hazzydayz in Luton to get it done. They deal only with OEM VAG group parts. I have been explicitly told that even without the headlamp washers an

Re: I've lost a cylinder it seems. Cam Chain Tensioner?
Last Poster: Dan_FR in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 08:11:40 AM
How on earth can you categorically blame the oil unless its been run on Millers from new? How do you know these little clumps of oil weren't from a sh*tty 5w30 oil and longlife service scheme that VW are oh so fond of?

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: JGTTDI in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:36:30 AM
Fitted centre armrest, facelift centre console and gearknob/gaitor. Fitted GT steering wheels badge.

Re: I can't message someone about a car part for sale how do I get round this ??
Last Poster: ChrisGT in Mk5 General Area on Today at 04:28:09 AM
You need to have at least 10 posts to use the PM system and at least 25 posts to reply to for sale threads as per the forum rules  :happy2:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51.0.html

Chris

Re: Shaun's GT TDI
Last Poster: ChrisGT in Members Rides on Today at 02:49:56 AM
Got yourself a great car @Moojii ,

Hope you keep a build thread going to keep us up to date with it.  :drinking:

Chris

Wanted: 19" Wheels
Last Poster: golfather in Wanted on Today at 02:02:37 AM
Genuine only - no reps

Suitable for a Mk6 Golf R

Cadiz,Prets, Talladega, BBS, etc

GTI Seats In A Jetta
Last Poster: Hendry in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Today at 12:37:40 AM
Really wanting 5 door mk5 GTi seats in my Jetta, mines a Sport spec so already got similar shape of seats to the GTI ones but really want the tartan trim and the integrated headrest layout of the GTi seats.

Just wondering is it a straight swap? I know the fronts will fit no problem but its the rears im concerned about, I know the base will fit no problem as ive had them

Re: MC's R
Last Poster: MC71 in MK7 Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:53:52 PM
Few little bits.....

Foot rest:-

Before:-

After:-

[img wid

Re: Intake Manifold Runner Control P3138 fault
Last Poster: Leco_GTI in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:45:44 PM
Mine showed up a code but I don't remember anymore and the problem is still there. The intake seems to be problemetic on those cars and any repair or replacement it's costly if you are not doing yourself. I guess if the flaps are not opening/closing properly or if they are stuck at some position you would have a code stored in the ECU. With regards logging, I will leave the experts

Re: Where to buy Michelin pilot sports 4's from
Last Poster: firesafetydave in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:20:46 PM
Look up Ben Patey on fac3book

Re: Need some help with a window part thing..
Last Poster: Christiank in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:49:13 PM
You need the door skin off to reveal the window mechanism.  Ive just replaced mine Not too sure the bits you need are available without buying complete window mech

Been looking at pictures of a new window regulator on google, but can't seem to find any pictures of a new regulat

Re: Yellow lights not tints
Last Poster: GTiBlues in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:18:37 PM
I bought some Japanese yellow bulbs for mine. Can't remember the brand tho! easy to find I think on the forums.

Re: Cream Leather Interior - New Parts?
Last Poster: Smithy160786 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:23:34 PM
Tps quoted me for all 4 around £70 with 13% discount

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Re: Anybody know these wheels?
Last Poster: willni in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 05:30:24 PM
Came across these!  They're vw racing cup edition
http://www.racingline-performance.com/v-find-by-model#GOLF-5-WHEELS

Shoutbox

RFD boot liner pcv
£0.00
Collection Only

MTC RFD kit £59  (cost 70)
Revo SPS £60 (100)
VW flexible boot liner £20 (50)

Any questions pm me cheers
Genuine grills with rear covers
£55.00
Postage: £6.00
Delivery or Collection

genuine fog grill covers with rear covers used
GTI Mats
£50.00
Collection Only

gti mats front and back are used but nearly brand new
carbon dipped front handles
£80.00
Postage: £6.00
Delivery or Collection

carbon dipped front handles drivers side and passenger used
red stiched handbrake cover
£12.00
Single Image
    Postage: £4.00
    Delivery or Collection

red stiched handbrake cover used
    Sold
    Chrome auto headlight switch
    £20.00
    Single Image
      Delivery or Collection

Chrome auto headlight switch used
      GTI foot rest
      £15.00
      Single Image
        Delivery or Collection

GTI foot rest used so would need new sticky tape or screwing into place I used tape
        2006 Reflex Silver 3dr Dsg GTI for sale
        £5400.00
        Collection Only

Finally decided to part with my mk5 Gti as i need something a bit more practical for commuting and i don't want to put the miles on it.
        Its a late 2006 3dr DSG in Reflex Silver. I spent a long time looking for one in this spec / colour combo and when this one came along i couldn't say no. The Mot history is excellent, no expense has been spared maintenance wise. This is mainly down to only having 2 former keepers.
        It has FSH, 94,000 miles, 2 remote keys. Original Handbook etc
        Nice quiet engine, no chain rattle from cold or hot.
        In my ownership it has been to Johnson's Volkswagen Main Dealer for a full cambelt kit and water pump and a DSG service.
        Its had 2x new Osram Xenon bulbs, All 4 wheels have been Refurbed in o/e spec diamond cut / anthracite with 4x new Bridgestone Potenza Tyres. Just had some New Gti floor mats too .

Bad bits: small rust bubble on the bonnet, this should be covered under the Vw 12 year corrosion warranty but i haven't had time to get it done yet.
        And a small crack at the bottom of the windscreen, passed the Mot fine and not visible inside the car but was on my list of things to do.

Spec/options:
        Reflex silver Metallic
        Full Anthracite Leather interior
        Winter pack (heated seats)
        Dsg Paddles
        Front centre armrest with storage box
        Cruise control
        Digital Climate control
        Original Vw fitted Bury Bluetooth in car kit
        Lux pack (Electric folding mirrors/puddle lights)
        Monza 2 18" alloys
        Bi Xenon headlights
        Parking sensors.
        Auto Lights/wipers etc

£5600 ono. Please call for anymore info on 07834230587 Thanks John
        K04-064 turbo only 7k of use
        £470.00
        Postage: £15.00
        Delivery or Collection

Up for sale is my genuine k04 turbo In excellent condition only covered 7,000 miles from new, I purchased from TPS last year RRP is £1400 new!,I have the invoice and can verify mileage to
        This turbo will fit multiple of vag cars (tfsi engine) only selling due to upgrade
        Any questions give me a text on
        Josh
        BBS VZ wheels
        £500.00
        Collection Only

BBS VZ with Vredestein Ultrac-Sessanta tyres.

8J x 18

ET44

Tyres all down to 3mm, with slightly more wear on the inside edges.

One wheel has 4mm of light curbing. Another wheel has 40mm of light curbing and a lightly scratched spoke. Small amount of brake dust in the paint but they still clean up very well. Everything I've mentioned is pictured.
        H+R springs
        £120.00
        Single Image
          Postage: £10.00
          Delivery or Collection

H+R springs, 29176.

They've lost a small amount of paint but good condition overall.
          H+R springs
          £120.00
          Single Image
            Postage: £10.00
            Delivery or Collection

H+R springs, 29261.

Slight surface rust but good condition overall. As you can see they are still on the shocks but I will seperate them for the sale unless someone is also interested in shocks etc.