Make a donation

Author Topic: How to: VW OEM Rear View Camera Install  (Read 129033 times)

Offline j8ekt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
Re: How to: VW OEM Rear View Camera Install
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 07:10:23 pm »
Thanks Steve but my vag com will not let me into long coding it is not supported, coing to check 12v supply.
Kenny2182

^^^^ did you get this sorted ? Have the prices changed much since the first page ? As I'm planning on doing this in the next couple of weeks

Thanks John
CW Edition 30

Offline Antvw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 09:22:46 pm »
Hi all, can anyone clarify for me if a module is needed for the reversing badge with the Part number :5K0827469APULM.

Thanks for any help with this.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2013, 10:24:00 pm »
Hi all, can anyone clarify for me if a module is needed for the reversing badge with the Part number :5K0827469APULM.

Thanks for any help with this.

I thought I answered your question in text messages

The Camera has Grey plug, all cameras with the Grey plugs require a module and extra wiring

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-rear-emblem-camera-kit-retrofit-passat-b6-cc,id235.html

If your camera has a blue plug then it doesn't require a module
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Antvw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:07 pm »
Thanks ed. I couldn't find any more information on it and didnt like to keep asking you. Will be hard trying to find a second hand module for sale. There no way around not using a module then, I can't change the grey connecter to a blue one? Or is that stupid.

Thanks

Landseer

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »
Hi Steve

Would like to know if you have installed the Retrofit rear view camera on a Golf 5, does the boot opening function still work if the car is not locked and what prevents the boot from not opening if the car is shifted into reverse and it’s not locked??

Hope to hear back.  :smiley:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »
Boot opening will work till you lock the car even with the ignition off (providing it has been wired up correctly)
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »
quick question....
i have a loom that was supplied with the rvc
3 grey wires about a foot long ..1.has round loop connection for an earth
                                                   2.says steady fast and has a female terminal pin on the end(12v live i guess)
                                                    3rd one says signal wire with no connection just bare wire end but where can it go to????....too short to go to switch or to rear lamp...is there a cecm pin location for this wire to go or somewhere i can splice into??

any words of wisdom???
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Jonnyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »
Hopefully someone can help with this. I bought a car that the previous owner had fitted a mk6 badge into. But when reverse is engaged the screen goes black on the 510, but the camera on the badge doesn't flip open. Also you can't open the boot using the handle only the key will open it off the solenoid. Any ideas as to if a wire has come loose. Sounds like 12v permanent might be the culprit??? Any advice appreciated.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »

Hopefully someone can help with this. I bought a car that the previous owner had fitted a mk6 badge into. But when reverse is engaged the screen goes black on the 510, but the camera on the badge doesn't flip open. Also you can't open the boot using the handle only the key will open it off the solenoid. Any ideas as to if a wire has come loose. Sounds like 12v permanent might be the culprit??? Any advice appreciated.

Does sound like a 12v issue. Check the fuse or the wire if it's got 12v with a voltmeter.

This happened to me today a few times but fixed itself. Might be something to do with the snow and cold weather.

Offline TyGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2015, 09:32:41 am »
A super excellent write up... I want one!

Will this be just as easy with an RCD510?

Offline Mickar32

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2020, 06:44:45 am »
Ho Steve would you have link to store to buy the parts listed in you post thanks