Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo downpipe and stages 2.  (Read 4656 times)

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Revo downpipe and stages 2.
« on: September 03, 2015, 10:02:43 pm »
Having been looking at stage 2 for a while and replacing the stock downpipe i have got my gti booked in at Revo Gloucestershire on saturday morning  :laugh:

Along with the induction kit ive got fitted what sort of figures should i expect?

Also all you stage 2 boys what settings are you running?

Car is always run on Shell V-Power  :happy2:

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: Revo downpipe and stages 2.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:36:14 pm »
I am 'meant' to be on stage 2+ ko3 and with boost running at 7 (stage 2 could be 7 or 8) unsure of timing and fuel as no sps, it ran 273 bhp and 288ftlbs. Mine doesn't really go for much just now as i'm still having issues which I am being told is because I now 'need' to have the dsg mapped, which will hopefully be resolved next weekend. Hope it gives you and idea though

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 08:54:33 pm »
I ran my Stage 2 on B6T5F9 when on Vpower, currently Stage 2+ running B9, T9 and F6 (or 7 - cant remember which) but thats thanks to WMI

Should not need the DSG remapped on a stage 2 K03 GTI, absolutely no need for it at all.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:09:57 pm »

Should not need the DSG remapped on a stage 2 K03 GTI, absolutely no need for it at all.

I have tried to explain this to the dealer who has done the mapping, but after replacing the mechatronics as he reckoned it was failing, he is now telling me that the dsg cannot keep up and needs mapped, and thats whats causing my delay after gear changes from 3-4 4-5 and 5-6. As i cannot prove him otherwise, i cannot get a refund on the remap because as far as he is concerned, there is nothing wrong with it. I have asked for a second opinion, to which he said there is one of the revo developers coming to his premisis next weekend, but has said that he will tell me the same

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 10:02:56 pm »
Speak to Revo HQ directly or another Revo dealer. What do you mean by 'delay'?

http://www.revotechnik.com/contact-revo  Givve them a ring and speak to someone from Technical
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 06:46:38 am »

http://www.revotechnik.com/contact-revo  Givve them a ring and speak to someone from Technical
Thanks for replying.

By delay I mean that as soon as the box moves into 4th 5h or 6th gear on full throttle there is a pause before the power comes in. It never used to do this until it was remapped

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »
Well all fitted and sounds amazing!

Settings are - B8
                    F5
                    T5

Goes well enough but i've got an sps so can tweak if needed  :driver:

Cheers for your replies chaps  :happy2:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 07:34:15 am »

Thanks for replying.

By delay I mean that as soon as the box moves into 4th 5h or 6th gear on full throttle there is a pause before the power comes in. It never used to do this until it was remapped
But to suggest a mechatronics issue, then say its a software issue implies the dealer is just guessing. I'd look for a moneyback guarantee at a minimum if software doesn't solve it.

Well all fitted and sounds amazing!

Settings are - B8
                    F5
                    T5

Goes well enough but i've got an sps so can tweak if needed  :driver:

Cheers for your replies chaps  :happy2:
Did you have it logged? Be surprised if the standard HPFP can keep up with demand running those settings. Don't just go changing the settings with the SPS without logging. The SPS is great for switching between a high and lower octane map setting, valet mode etc etc.

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:38:05 am »
Hi these were the settings suggested my Revo for my set up with standard hpfp. What should I be logging to see what's happening? Cheers.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 07:51:30 am »
Suggested? With or without logging the car? Large boost and ruch fuelling request on standard fuel pump may mean it struggles with the low to mid range fuelling. Logging injection times and lambda correction would tell you this. So long as the dealer logged the car you should be fine

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 09:24:10 am »
Quote from: Beej on Yesterday at 06:46:38 AM
Quote from: Dan_FR on September 04, 2015, 10:02:56 PM

Thanks for replying.

But to suggest a mechatronics issue, then say its a software issue implies the dealer is just guessing. I'd look for a moneyback guarantee at a minimum if software doesn't solve it.

@Dan_FR

Hi again, this is exactly what i said (in a roundabout way) to the dealer and why i asked for a second opinion. This saturday coming is hopefully when i will get an answer. I have already explained this to my brother (annoyingly friends with the dealer) about a refund guarantee on both the ecu map and dsg map if getting the dsg mapped does not cure this.

Is there different ecu maps for manual and dsg equiped cars?