Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf mk5 gti 2005 engine code AXX Low oil pressure light cam on last night !  (Read 17833 times)

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
What map? Map could well be the cause - wouldn't be the first time. Whoever told you it could be the vanes needs shooting - Thats a diesel thing!!!

Low oil pressure again is not good though since you've cleaned the pickup. Oil pump would be my guess if the pickup is still clean and gunk free
er, could be just a oil pressure switch der  :signLOL:
I have no words to even begin to describe the idiocy of your posts. Enjoy your day
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Golfman16

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
just a heads up on this drive cog on these pumps are prone to failure ,believe me i know on investigating mine it had partly collapsed but kept driving albeit dropping the oil pressure. The cog can be bought separate from the pump think from memory £30/£40 ......

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
    • Email
If it turns out to be the oil pump I’d advise to go for the 1.8T one. I’ve done the conversion 1 year ago with balance shaft delete. Absolutely no issues.
why go for 1.8T oil pump? How do You do the conversion?
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
just a heads up on this drive cog on these pumps are prone to failure ,believe me i know on investigating mine it had partly collapsed but kept driving albeit dropping the oil pressure. The cog can be bought separate from the pump think from memory £30/£40 ......

The Mechanical Engineering lecturer at my college used to shout at me for saying 'cogs'.   "It's GEARS boy, GEARS!! Cogs are for clocks"  :grin:

I'm sure there was a recall or something on early GTIs to fit a stronger nut/bolt for that 'gear'?   I remember when the GTI first came out there were reports of sheared off oil pump drives.  Pretty sure it's a rare occurrence on 2007-2009 GTIs.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Cogs  :signLOL:

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
    • Email

The Mechanical Engineering lecturer at my college used to shout at me for saying 'cogs'.   "It's GEARS boy, GEARS!! Cogs are for clocks"  :grin:

I'm sure there was a recall or something on early GTIs to fit a stronger nut/bolt for that 'gear'?   I remember when the GTI first came out there were reports of sheared off oil pump drives.  Pretty sure it's a rare occurrence on 2007-2009 GTIs.
You've shown your age here Puddy  :laugh:

The MK1 GTI was a gem in my opinion sounded awesome with the right backbox exhaust!

Just out of curiosity.. what were the so called, if any, improvements and adjustments made to the earlier MK5 models in comparison to the latter i.e. 2007-2009?

I know from own experience driving several MK3 models that the earlier VR6 engines were different to the later VR6 models. But they all shared one thing i.e. overheating! I’ll never forget when my mechanic had to strip down the whole dash in order to get to the heater matrix inside! Stupes design! What amazed me was how my mechanic was familiar we reassembling all the wires and looms and nuts/screws back in place! It as a pretty huge job! Costly too.
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯