Make a donation

Author Topic: My first ED30 tornado red  (Read 41648 times)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
My first ED30 tornado red
« on: September 30, 2015, 12:30:10 am »
Been on here a while and never got round to a build thread on my old car. this won't be a build thread as such as most of what i would do has been done.

Anyway on sunday morning set off on a 4 hour trip from scotland down to halifax to buy ed30sam123 car, was a cracking day sun was out. anyway got there a bit late after being lost in the countryside.

Anyway got there after seeing sam waving us down as we were still lost so that was a bit of luck. I'm pretty sure he couldn't understand our thick scottish accents haha, anyway he couldn't of been nicer, was great dealing with you.

So off we set and with me never being in a dsg before, i ended up trying to push the clutch that wasn't there and i tested the brakes and done an emergency stop. poor women behind me nearly went in to the back of me. pulled out her way and i won't repeat what she shouted haha. my head just went down and accepted her abuse. then we got to a pub for some food and every stop on the way up the road i was running for the toilet, no offence to anyone in burnley but the food wasn't up to much.

Car drives great and the DSG sounds great on gear change. still getting use to it so not really wanting to have to much fun yet.

Anyway on to the car and my plans

Here's how it came:

Factory fitted extras
DSG
Xenons
Privacy glass – tinted rear side and rear windows
Armrest with cup holder cover and rear air vents
RCD500 6 disc cd changer with 10 speakers
Lux Pack – Electric folding mirrors with puddle lights and mirror dip on reverse
Ipod preparation in armrest
Cruise control
Highline dash
MFSW – steering wheel buttons
RNS510 sat nav
Bluetooth with voice dialling.
Genuine Mk6 reverse camera integrated into rear badge
Audi S3 jacking points
Brushed aluminium ash tray cover
Puddle lights in door cards
Golf Mk6 Blue motion Engine Undertray

Other mods
Polar FIS
Full Polybush Kit
H&R 28/24 ARB kit
15mm rear spacers
cold air induction kit
S3 brakes
Autotech HPFP
Stage 2+ remap from rtech

Here's some pics i stole from sam.

Here's my other gti which has still to be sold.

Things on my list:

get the resonated milltek turboback with sportscat on. which went on tonight, its too quiet so am looking for a non res mid section now.

Changed the radio player surround for carbon effect dipped on. not sure i like it might change it.

Got some black oz ultraleggera and 4 new michelin pilot sport 3 tyres to go on thursday.

Fit the H&R springs sam gave me.

Climair wind deflectors.

Door sill guards.

Thinking of puting a THS intercooler on it but its just a maybe. pending if my car sells with mods on it, if not i will put it back to standard and use the THS.

Things in the future:
r32 style rear bumper and buy a new r32 exhaust system maybe go BCS.
Cam follower and timing belt and waterpump and general services etc but not needing done right now. car has been well looked after as you probably all know from previous thread.

Here's a pic of the dash

« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:54:31 am by howie1987 »

Offline Adsy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Re: My first ED30 tornado red
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 03:09:35 pm »
Both cars look nice. Oh dear I'm from Burnley haha the shame!

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 03:46:23 pm »
Both cars look nice. Oh dear I'm from Burnley haha the shame!
haha sorry m8. just bad luck for me.

you have some nice roads close by up they hills.

Offline Adsy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 04:36:17 pm »
Yeah some of the country roads are alright. Will you be selling the pescaras when you get your new wheels??

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »
Yeah some of the country roads are alright. Will you be selling the pescaras when you get your new wheels??
yes mate i will be. wheels are going on tomorrow so going to get the pescaras cleaned up and pictured etc.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 10:04:48 pm »

think it needs some springs now. got some h&r but 30mm is to low for these speedbumps about here.

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 10:34:06 pm »
Your new ED30 looks good - seen this pass through a number of owners, and it has always been well cherished! You've added my favourite set of non OEM alloys too. I know from experience they're so lightweight!

In terms of lowering springs - I was the same, I didn't want a very low riding car, just a little something to reduce the wheel arch gap. I bought VWR Springs which give only 20mm lowering.

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 11:27:44 pm »
Your new ED30 looks good - seen this pass through a number of owners, and it has always been well cherished! You've added my favourite set of non OEM alloys too. I know from experience they're so lightweight!

In terms of lowering springs - I was the same, I didn't want a very low riding car, just a little something to reduce the wheel arch gap. I bought VWR Springs which give only 20mm lowering.
yeah loads of receipts etc from past owners. can tell its been looked well after, inside feels like new.

yeah i love the wheels but every single person that has commented saying the other wheels i took off look better lol. i prefer the oz ones so thats what counts.

20mm would be ideal as i has the other gti lowerd 20mm and made it over the speedbumps.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 01:20:42 pm »
Great example you've got there. Very well equipped. Congrats!

I love your OZ, obviously since I have them too, but I just don't like them in black (any black wheel really). You might consider painting them antracite like Matte Graphite Silver that OZ sells too. Just a suggestion, of course. :wink:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 01:35:07 pm »
Great example you've got there. Very well equipped. Congrats!

I love your OZ, obviously since I have them too, but I just don't like them in black (any black wheel really). You might consider painting them antracite like Matte Graphite Silver that OZ sells too. Just a suggestion, of course. :wink:
cheers mate. yeah they are nice wheels.

Am not to keen on silver. maybe anthracite later on but will leave them just now. I've always been a sucker for black wheels though lol.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 01:39:24 pm »

Am not to keen on silver. maybe anthracite later on but will leave them just now. I've always been a sucker for black wheels though lol.
OZ calls anthracite of Matte Graphite Silver. It's the colour of my wheels. :confused:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 08:20:52 pm »

OZ calls anthracite of Matte Graphite Silver. It's the colour of my wheels. :confused:
aw do they. i actually seen a set of them on a ed30 and they looked stunning. partly what made my mind up about getting them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:35:26 pm by howie1987 »

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:22 pm »

fitted some climair wind deflectors.

some door sill guards. think they look pretty good.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:55 pm »

Your wheels doesn't look to be black anymore. Have you painted it anthracite already? :smiley:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 01:04:28 pm »

Your wheels doesn't look to be black anymore. Have you painted it anthracite already? :smiley:
they're matte black. think its just the way the sunlight has hit it