Make a donation

Author Topic: My first ED30 tornado red  (Read 41654 times)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 92
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Re: My first ED30 tornado red
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 07:13:40 pm »
Small update. Sorry for the dirty car.

Manged to get the eibach springs on. Sits alot better now and not like a jeep. I know people aren't a fan of the progressive springs but i think the H&R springs are just a tad to low for the speed bumps about here.

I did plan on cleaning and polishing  it today but didn't get a chance.

I also managed to swap my milltek resnated mid section out for the non res. What a difference it pops and burbles and its easy to live with aswell, not to loud and droney.

Will get better pics once its cleaned and polished tomorrow.

It was also in getting front wishbone bushes replaces with polybush. It needed a track rod end aswell and then it passed its MOT.

Next thing on the cards....timing belt and waterpump. Got a dv rev g and pvc to go in aswell just as peice of mind. Oil filter and oil change aswell and also a new battery. Oil etc wasn't needed as sam had done all that and it was all receipted and stamped by vw but i just want to do it anyway. Tbh i didn't need to do much as sam and previous owners have kepted it all to a high standard.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:41:58 am by howie1987 »

Offline Mk6Sam

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »
Looks great! How do you find the progressive springs? Sits so nice at the back :happy2:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »
Looks great! How do you find the progressive springs? Sits so nice at the back :happy2:
Thanks mate. Yeah defo sit better now lol.

They do seem a bit softer than i expected. But i wouldn't say its bouncey. For day to day use it actually feels better i think but i haven't really drove it alot since i put the springs on.

I use to have the same springs on my old type r and i liked them on that so i guess its going to be a similar feel.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:52 pm »
Looks gorgeous mate and you keep saying sorry about the dirty car. It looks clean to me! Haha

Where did you get the sill covers from?
And I think mk6 climatronic controls would look good in your interior and finish the dash off nicely :)

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 11:24:23 pm »
Looks gorgeous mate and you keep saying sorry about the dirty car. It looks clean to me! Haha

And I think mk6 climatronic controls would look good in your interior and finish the dash off nicely :)

Thanks mate. You didn't see it that morning it was coverd in burd sh*te. Had to wipe it off the paint work would of been quicker washing it lol

Yeah i had thought about that. I had the carbon dipped dash from my old gti so just swaped that before i sold it. So not that botherd about that.

I have a few plans for through out the year. Probably the mk6 dash as you mentioned as it does look alot nicer. And maybe the mk6 steering wheel but it is a bit pricey lol.

I got the door sills from ebay mate.actually really good quality think they were £20.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:43:19 am by howie1987 »

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »

Thanks mate. You didn't see it that morning it was coverd in burd sh*te. Had to wipe it off the paint work would of been quicker washing it lol

Yeah i had thought about that. I had the carbon dipped dash from my old gti so just swaped that before i sold it. So not that botherd about that.

I have a few plans for through out the year. Probably the mk6 dash as you mentioned as it does look alot nicer. And maybe the mk6 steering wheel but it is a bit pricey lol.

I got the door sills from ebay mate.actually really good qaulity think they were £20.

yeh the mk6 wheel is lush but I personally cant justify the price of one. theyre nearly loba hpfp money ;)
mk6 dash would look great in yours  :happy2: I only have the rcd510 so not as flash I may do it later on this year :)
ill have a look around on fleabay they look pretty good

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 12:46:12 pm »

I got the door sills from ebay mate.actually really good qaulity think they were £20.

yeh the mk6 wheel is lush but I personally cant justify the price of one. theyre nearly loba hpfp money ;)
mk6 dash would look great in yours  :happy2: I only have the rcd510 so not as flash I may do it later on this year :)
Yeah it probably isn't worth the money changing steering wheel. Mk5 one isn't that bad.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121858867711&alt=web

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 12:57:45 pm »

Yeah it probably isn't worth the money changing steering wheel. Mk5 one isn't that bad.

yeh the mk5 one is spot on I just wish the 3 spokes were the brushed silver rather than the weird matte black finish.
thanks for the link buddy  :happy2:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 03:01:24 pm »

yeh the mk5 one is spot on I just wish the 3 spokes were the brushed silver rather than the weird matte black finish.
thanks for the link buddy  :happy2:
No worrys

Yeah it is shame steering wheel didn't come like that.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2016, 11:42:38 am »
Feel like i've lost my arm.

Thats the car been put on a truck and is heading to nottingham to get the mechatronics fixed.

While its in i'm getting them to do a few other things.

Timing belt and waterpump.
Cam follower.
Pvc valve.
Diverter valve rev g.
Brake fluid change.
Replace rear brake dust covers.
Check sticky front brake caliper.

I also have it booked in on the 25th at volkswagen for a minor service. ie oil change and filter.

Paying my tax bill and road tax and car insurance for the year am skint lol. after this i think that will all be done till the summer.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:53:10 am by howie1987 »

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 04:53:22 pm »
I hope you can sort the problems soon so you can enjoy your car. :smiley:

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 05:22:21 pm »
cheers mate. yeah i haven't had a buzz about the car in a while.

Looking forward to getting it back and enjoying it.

Offline IanR32

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 06:11:43 pm »
Looking good, eibach stance looks spot on.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 07:03:50 pm »
Looking good, eibach stance looks spot on.
Yeah it sits alot better. i even find its a softer ride but corners great still so am happy.

Offline howie1987

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 10:01:36 am »
Get my car back today after 3 weeks. excited to drive her with the new mechatronics.

She has had everything done i mentioned in one of my previous posts so she should be bang on now.