Make a donation

Author Topic: Kieran's Tornado Red ED30  (Read 7555 times)

Offline KieranM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Kieran's Tornado Red ED30
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 11:20:01 am »
I completely forgot to take any photos of the valves after I had cleaned them as I was in such a rush to get the car back together before it started raining.

I always thought one of the injectors may have been a little dodgy as the car used to throw out more black smoke than a tuned PD, and it turns out that the spray pattern on one of the injectors was way off. They were cleaned and serviced and are all flowing perfectly now. Happy days. If anyone is thinking about getting there injectors serviced I highly recommend My Injector, super quick turn around and does a very good job!

The car feels much better to drive and feels more responsive and seems to spool a little quicker, I'm not sure if it's just in my head or if it has actually made a difference but either way it was worth doing!

Offline Pirelli_Reece

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
  • 2008 Pirelli Edition GTI
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 07:34:22 pm »
Looks great, looking forward to seeing more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 08:42:41 pm »
A fair bit has happened since I last commented in here.

At the start of last year the car went down to Ecotune in Glasgow for a APR stage 1 map. It totally transformed the car and I should have done it as soon as I bought the car! Straight away though my clutch started slipping so that was changed out for a Helix kit from AKS.

The car stayed pretty much standard except for H&R springs, remap and spacers for a quite a while as I was tempted to sell it. After giving it a bit of TLC for the Scottish Car Show I started to enjoy it again and decided it was staying.

For it being my first ever time using a machine polisher I thought it came out alright!

Next up was the brakes. I always thought that the standard brakes were absolutely useless so they had to go. I noticed a TTRS set up on Facebook for a decent price so I snapped them up and got them fitted.

After my standard air box not being fitted correctly which ended up cracking my HPFP sensor I used that as a good excuse to get rid of it. I ended up buying a Ram Air oversized intake, which has now been changed out for a Revo intake.

I also managed to finally get it on a dyno and it managed 307bhp and 304.7lbft with just a map and a intake.

Also have a few photos from the dyno day.

I took advantage of the Black Friday sales and finally sorted myself out with some note! BCS sports car back and a Relentless 3.5 downpipe.

Recently I just bought a Loba HPFP, RS4 FRV and the RFD. Managed to get the inlet off at the weekend and set the injectors off to mr injector to be serviced. While the inlet is off I've been cleaning up the valves which is such a pain! The valves weren't in the best shape when I took the inlet off.

While the inlet if off I'll be cleaning up the valves tomorrow and hopefully get everything back together this weekend. I got bored during the week having no car so I also wrapped the Revo intake, it will probably make no difference to inlet temps but I like it.

Only thing left to do now is sort out a Welly cooler set up and get that fitted and it'll be then time to go stage 2+  :party:

I've probably must heaps seen as I haven't updated it in so long so I'm going to try and update this more often haha

Kieran please could you tell me or show with any pics how easy or hard the Relentless DP and the BCS Exhaust fit together
thanks in advance pete

Offline KieranM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 10:53:12 pm »
The BCS was quite easy to mate to the relentless DP, I cut the DP down to fit the cat back and it went together pretty well.

Finally managed to get the car to Ecotune for the stage 2+ map but it wasn't all as good as I was hoping. The car was suffering from a suspected vacuum leak so that halted the dyno action. After getting it back home I changed the PCV and checked all the boost pipes and switched it back onto the 2+ map and it seems to be working well. I managed to get some logs done and sent them to Stan at Ecotune to check over and he said everything was fine. Happy days!

Went for a run up the Lecht with a couple of mates and in the twisty it highlighted that there was some serious handling issues, on the straights I was able to keep my mates C63 at bay but in the bends he had me. Time for some upgrades.

To try and sort the handling issues I got some Relentless coilovers and a Superpro anti lift kit, just as well I bought them as the rear shocks were ruined.

Still need to get the alignment sorted and properly get the coilovers set up properly but so far so good and they seem very good value for money.

Next on the list of things to do is to get rid of the absolutely horrendous Rainsport 'Jelly sidewalled' 3s. A full set of AD08r will be getting thrown on for summer  :party:

Oh and fit these  :evilgrin:

Offline KieranM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 09:59:56 pm »
Made up some subframes out of some 6mm plate from work and it works perfectly, so the seats are finally in!

Really happy with how they have turned out and it feels good having some proper support from the seats, they are pretty comfy too which is a win!

Also got rid of the Pagid RS4-2 blues as they were shot! I think they've also damaged the discs so I'll most likely end up downsizing to the 340mm TTS discs.

Chucked in some Project Mus for now but even though the stopping power on them is immense, the brake dust coming off them is crazy and it's starting to eat into my wheels so I'll have to get something more road friendly.

Seen as it passed another MOT I put my small, slightly illegal sticker plate back on but it's only a matter of time before the police tell me to change it again

I had always planned to go hybrid or BT with it and track it but I've decided against that now and will be buying a clio for track duties and when I'm 21 a 335D will be getting bought as a daily/tow car for the clio so the golf will be taking a back seat for now, hopefully one day I'll manage a BT set up!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:02:00 pm by KieranM »

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:26 pm »
got any pics of dp fitting or fitted to BCS ?

what Bhp did ed30 make in the end stage 2+?

did you get intercooler upgrade welly or Airtec2 ?

thanks in advance for reply with pic and info nice car you have