Make a donation

Author Topic: Touran Family Wagon  (Read 6789 times)

Offline JA1987

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Touran Family Wagon
« on: November 14, 2015, 03:51:33 pm »
Where do I start, had a remapped 55 plate Touran 170. Brilliant car with loads of torque, leather, dual climate etc etc. Had EGR and DPF delete, both mapped out, uprated sachs clutch and dmf and remap at darkside. H&R Cup Kit and 8x17 A6 wheels in green.

Then I went a bit mad, sold that and bought an 05 blobeye Impreza wrx but it wasn't practical as the family car and I didnt get chance to drive it how I wanted to.

So we up/downgraded to an 06 Touran BKD, 7 seater, dual climate, 85k, FSH, Sport seats.

When its working its great, enough room for the whole family, good mpg, pretty decent driving position etc etc. But my god is it boring and this one doesnt like being serviceable.

In my ownership (since April) its had 20k mile service, 2 new tyres, AVS, egr valve, CV boot, Clutch master cylinder and now its got a leaky front shock, damaged intercooler pipe and the clutch is on its way out.

Even though the car had been valeted before I picked it up it had a sort of wet dog smell to it. So I investigated and found this lil lot.

Absolutely disgusting but scrubbed up pretty well and fitted some new mats.

ASV and egr swap, ASV was making a horrible noise so got a new one and had a garage workshop message with egr code so fitted a new one of thise. Fairly easy job as theyre at the front of the bay. Only awkward bit was one of the bolts at the back.

Car was very swirly when I got it so used a bit of 50.cal cover up filler glaze, worked very well.

Bought a set of LED interior bulbs, they make such a difference to the interior at night.

Parts ive got to fit,
A set of GTi front brakes as standards dont really like stopping

LED Footwell lights and loom

And the latest purchase which arrived yesterday, a set of AP Coilovers to get rid of that leaking shock.

Offline Gti_Mad

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
Re: Touran Family Wagon
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 01:51:13 pm »
Where did u get the footwell lights and looms from ??

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline DANBOY66

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 02:01:28 pm »
cool cars i have a 140 sport tdi dsg with loads of extras it has more than my ed30

would love to lower ours but the wife is not keen
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline JA1987

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 02:16:41 pm »
Gti_Mad The lights and loom are from a company called VWleds, theyre on facebook.
https://m.facebook.com/Vwleds-610661862389708/

DANBOY66 The only reason im allowed to is due to the leaky shock and justifying it by the cost of genuine/oe parts compared to aftermarket

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:24:08 pm by JA1987 »

Offline JA1987

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:36:16 am »
Does anybody else have issues with their kids kicking the rear centre cuprest and heater vent to bits? Everytime I get in the car I have to piece them back together, so this time I just took the adjustment vanes out. (Please excuse the mess the wife drives the car and the kids make a mess/destroy it on a daily basis)

Ordered some more suspension bits, new top mounts front and rear and new arb drop links. Think I might change the driveshafts aswell as something just doesnt feel quite right.

Also got some new window switches as they were looking a bit tatty and the rear passenger one has been playing up since we bought the car.

And some Touran badges to go in the seat height adjustment handle (excuse the mess in the car)

Offline JA1987

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 12:14:26 pm »
So today brings a new fault on the mighty money pit known as the Touran. Got a text off the mrs saying the cars started whistling, its a 2006 Touran TDi 140 (BKD) on 90k miles with FSH. She says it still drives as it did but is making a whistling sound so im thinking its the turbo. Anyone have any experience with a whistling BKD motor? Should i be ordering a turbo straight away or can it last a bit longer?

Thanks in advance

James

Offline JA1987

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »
So the car has had some new bits fitted including a sachs clutch and dmf, turboactive turbo and the AP's with new top mounts and drop links. Starting to have a bit of love for the car again now. Just need to find a set of wheels for it and a new boost pipe.

Gave it a wash aswell, just needs a good polishing with a DA.

UKTourans on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/292685660889166/

Offline JA1987

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 07:15:53 am »
Even though the paints very swirly it can still give a decent reflection shot.

UKTourans on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/292685660889166/