Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 GTi Track Car  (Read 20258 times)

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: MK5 GTi Track Car
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »
@Mk5chris how do you find the Forge brakes btw? Im thinking about switching to them for clearance and 2 piece discs but ive heard some rave reviews and some people say they're sh*t. But theres a lot of Forge haters out there so would be interested to see how a car that gets driven properly got on with them.

Anyone that says they're sh*t most likely haven't experienced them. I run Pagid RS29 pads and race fluid in mine which helps obviously. You can literally brake so late with them. At silverstone this year, on the back straight when people were braking, I was still accelerating, you can just leave it so late when they're hot. The 356mm and 6 pots are a great set up, and i just run standard rear set up with Pagid RS29's again and braided lines. Ideal really. Yeah you could get Tarox or AP's but just seems overkill lol and £££££. Even though these aren't cheap lol.

Thanks very much mate, yeah i was suprised to read it considering the usual qaulity of the Forge products. Does it not get a bit floaty with the standard rears then? Especially with all the weight taken out, i did Silverstone last year with the rear bench out and TTRS front brakes and found the rear got very squirmy braking from 100ish+. That is with std pads/ discs/ hoses though tbf.

Nah doesn't squirm at all mate, its pretty well balanced and good discs and amazing pads and lines on the rear account for that bud. I just cant wait to get back out there again now. Lots to do over winter :(

dansmith180

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2015, 08:55:48 pm »
Sweet, thanks again. Yeah cant wait to get mine back and then do a few suspension bits to get her spot on  :driver:

Offline m1keh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2015, 11:31:01 pm »
Looks like some great development has gone into this car. Any data on the gains from the blanked grill? Does the water not get too hot?

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 10:31:15 am »
Looks like some great development has gone into this car. Any data on the gains from the blanked grill? Does the water not get too hot?

If it's good enough for the btcc car then it's good for this ha. The duct in the grill is huge and the vents in the bonnet aid cooling :)

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 05:03:44 pm »
Little update. Finally got round to buying a RFD kit, cleaning the valves thursday!!

And also found a little video from the last ring trip...

Offline doaburnout

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Mk5 2.0tfsi GTI (track build)
    • Instagram Profile
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,102247.0.html
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 08:55:57 pm »
Little update. Finally got round to buying a RFD kit, cleaning the valves thursday!!

And also found a little video from the last ring trip...

Think you have to get a software modification for that! Just a bit of coding changes but I think gower can sort that out for you easy, definitely looking into this as well!

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 09:23:23 pm »
Really!? Never heard such a thing lol

Offline Wash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 10:08:37 pm »
Saw this by RJ performance a while back... looks extreme! Bet it's great fun  :happy2:

Offline doaburnout

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Mk5 2.0tfsi GTI (track build)
    • Instagram Profile
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,102247.0.html
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2015, 06:14:48 am »
Really!? Never heard such a thing lol

Yeh man I'm guessing it'll be something about the difference of turbulent air but that's just a guess, on APR''s RFD kit they say you need a software update for it, if you Google it everyone says it's necessary, ask Gower he'll probably shine a lot more light on it than I will haha!!

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 12:02:05 pm »
I have RFD kit installed and still the stock map. Other than the random and sporadic judder in the idle of the engine, I don't notice any difference from the lack of the runner flaps. AFAIK the software update is required to really take advantage of the intake increased air flow.

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 04:48:50 pm »
I have RFD kit installed and still the stock map. Other than the random and sporadic judder in the idle of the engine, I don't notice any difference from the lack of the runner flaps. AFAIK the software update is required to really take advantage of the intake increased air flow.

Ahhh that's put my mind at rest cheers mate.

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »
Update:

Lucky enough to get my hands on a FULLY polybushed subframe from another car cheap  :party: Also including a TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid subframe collar kit. This will again make the car stiffer but also help out as I need to soften both front and rear shocks.

Few part pictures :)

Offline Daled0111

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95386.0.html
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 08:24:57 pm »
really nice car mate, i have a axx engine code and was thinking i bought the wrong engine code if i want power lol but after looking at yours i think not  :signLOL:

Offline Mk5chris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 09:38:30 pm »
really nice car mate, i have a axx engine code and was thinking i bought the wrong engine code if i want power lol but after looking at yours i think not  :signLOL:

Lol any engine code can go bang, don't listen to what people say about AXX lumps, most haven't got a clue.

Offline Tejinder

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,81786.0.html
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2015, 11:05:26 pm »
Great car this. Saw it at Trax in Birmingham the other week and I tried finding you but couldn't. I wanted to ask where you got your bonnet louvered from lol

Keep up the good work  :happy2: