Make a donation

Author Topic: Fitted an ITG to a 6R... Problems/issues  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Bazgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Fitted an ITG to a 6R... Problems/issues
« on: December 11, 2015, 10:07:40 am »
Morning everyone,

Bought my ITG from a forum member. Its in perfect condition and has covered a few hundred miles. But im unsure on whether i like it.

1st things 1st.... Does anybody know what the fittings are called that the rubber grommets sit in when the standard airbox is on? Does anybody have any that i can buy? I had a neuspeed p.flo on my Mk5 GTI. So previously these needed to be taken off and then put back on to hold the heat shield in place. And because id bought from a member, there wasnt any instructions for the ITG. Ive mangled both of these, before realising that with the new ITG sit on the top of these with the rubber grommets holding the kit in place. So theres is a bit of movement in the kit.
Now im unsure if this is related but it feels a bit surgey at times. When driving on full throttle its brilliant. At low speeds and dropping down a few gears it sometimes feels flat and off boost.

I spoke to the Mark the MD at Awesome last night and he suggested 'logging' it to the car. Has anybody else encountered this?

The car is currently stage 1 APR, PCV was replaced on Tuesday so i know it is t that.

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: Fitted an ITG to a 6R... Problems/issues
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »
You will find a loss of torque lower down in the engine but the gains come on a lot more in the mid-upper ranges of the engine. If you're running a K04 turbo engine then it's even more noticeable. The larger "oversized" intakes like the ITG will again further exaggerate the change in power delivery.

If you can do some data logging or get someone local with VCDS who knows what to look for it never hurts. :happy2:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!