Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 238229 times)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: R5GTT'S Donno know what im doing but it's gonna be good
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2017, 12:48:00 am »
Don't get rid of this k04! You're almost there ☺
Definitely not after what happened the last time and this ones going on soon very very soon  :happy2:
I await the updates keenly!
:doh: I'm think I'm selling again  :signLOL: found something better with anti surge core
Beach Buggy?
anti surge yeah  :happy2:
Nice. That's ideal really. I looked at the k03 hybrids they do, and it was a good idea for a while but (assuming it keeps the standard k03 DV location) I'd probably still get the weird intake noise. Hence the plan for DV relocation.

So then I figured that as the relocation ticks off a few jobs on the k04 conversion list, I might as well actually go k04. I'm sure I can sell the blank on easily if it all happens.

Anyway... anti surge. Is this turbo basically an anti surge k04, or a k04 hybrid (like the TTE420/480)? Don't be tempted to run too much boost on a BWA/AXX!
tbh you're better off going K04 as you've got most of the bits and have you got an IC for your car? Most important is cooling after all... hybrids are way too expensive although a mate from Ireland got his one for under 500 euros in his country or I'd have the same for that price as it make things a little easier.
No it's just a K04 with anti surge core is what I'm hoping to get as I'm not looking to forge an engine anything soon and certainly not looking forward to saying hello to Rod either.
Yeah I'll be picking up an alloy S3 cooler at the very least. If a Peron or something comes up at the right price I'll snap it up.

Have a look at Dan Smith's build if you haven't already. He had an anti surge k04 fitted, R-Tech map, and the torque curve he posted up was sublime. Really strong, early spool compared to a normal k04. The fear with going k04 is losing that k03 response, but it seems a non-issue with the anti surge wheel. Maybe it'll take a split second longer than a k03 from cruising straight to WOT, but in terms of the turbo 'waking up' at lower revs it looked really impressive.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2017, 01:11:31 am »
Definitely not after what happened the last time and this ones going on soon very very soon  :happy2:
:doh: I'm think I'm selling again  :signLOL: found something better with anti surge core
Beach Buggy?
Nice. That's ideal really. I looked at the k03 hybrids they do, and it was a good idea for a while but (assuming it keeps the standard k03 DV location) I'd probably still get the weird intake noise. Hence the plan for DV relocation.

So then I figured that as the relocation ticks off a few jobs on the k04 conversion list, I might as well actually go k04. I'm sure I can sell the blank on easily if it all happens.

Anyway... anti surge. Is this turbo basically an anti surge k04, or a k04 hybrid (like the TTE420/480)? Don't be tempted to run too much boost on a BWA/AXX!
tbh you're better off going K04 as you've got most of the bits and have you got an IC for your car? Most important is cooling after all... hybrids are way too expensive although a mate from Ireland got his one for under 500 euros in his country or I'd have the same for that price as it make things a little easier.
No it's just a K04 with anti surge core is what I'm hoping to get as I'm not looking to forge an engine anything soon and certainly not looking forward to saying hello to Rod either.
Yeah I'll be picking up an alloy S3 cooler at the very least. If a Peron or something comes up at the right price I'll snap it up.

Have a look at Dan Smith's build if you haven't already. He had an anti surge k04 fitted, R-Tech map, and the torque curve he posted up was sublime. Really strong, early spool compared to a normal k04. The fear with going k04 is losing that k03 response, but it seems a non-issue with the anti surge wheel. Maybe it'll take a split second longer than a k03 from cruising straight to WOT, but in terms of the turbo 'waking up' at lower revs it looked really impressive.
cheers bro I've read about the spool of the K04 and how it lacks in comparison to the K03 spool and how the anti surge over comes this  :happy2:

Yeah minimum S3 cooler or R6 tbh as they're breaking 300 bhp without issues but all down to what you want at the end of the day  :grin:
True, and I think for the modest and reliable 1.2-1.3 bar map I'd want, the S3/mk6 R jobbie will be capable.

Still a while away with it all though, so I'll be interested in following your progress in the meantime!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2017, 01:17:35 am »
Beach Buggy?

cheers bro I've read about the spool of the K04 and how it lacks in comparison to the K03 spool and how the anti surge over comes this  :happy2:

Yeah minimum S3 cooler or R6 tbh as they're breaking 300 bhp without issues but all down to what you want at the end of the day  :grin:
True, and I think for the modest and reliable 1.2-1.3 bar map I'd want, the S3/mk6 R jobbie will be capable.

Still a while away with it all though, so I'll be interested in following your progress in the meantime!
yeah those coolers will be more than sufficient.
Lol look how long I've taken  :doh: still hopefully this year and selling my Porsche tt brakes and going another route now.
It's not like you to change your mind...

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2017, 01:21:20 am »
Beach Buggy?

yeah those coolers will be more than sufficient.
Lol look how long I've taken  :doh: still hopefully this year and selling my Porsche tt brakes and going another route now.
It's not like you to change your mind...
Nope  :thinking:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2017, 10:08:48 am »
@r5gtt You.....Change your mind........never :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:59 am »
@r5gtt You.....Change your mind........never :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
you can talk  :P

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dmus2r5q2d137s6t5dkrffvdq4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #876 on: May 21, 2017, 01:01:22 pm »
Good job  :happy2:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #877 on: May 21, 2017, 01:49:09 pm »
They look great.  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dmus2r5q2d137s6t5dkrffvdq4&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #878 on: May 21, 2017, 04:19:03 pm »
Good job  :happy2:
cheers was so p***** and also replaced the piston seals but those were needed as described and couldn't find them anywhere so used Porsche brembo ones instead.

I i was following that fiasco on facebook... glad you got sorted.

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #879 on: May 21, 2017, 04:57:20 pm »
Calipers look awesome now, shame there was a few problems with them but now you've serviced them then you know they'll be good for a long time.

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #880 on: May 21, 2017, 11:39:03 pm »
Calipers look great  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #881 on: May 22, 2017, 12:00:14 am »
Calipers look great  :happy2:
Cheers mate, let's hope they work as great as they look  :thinking: :signLOL:

Offline Mk5. EWC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #882 on: May 29, 2017, 10:40:10 pm »
Great thread!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #883 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »
Got my new rotors but a big cock up as we agreed I have 6mm bolts on my bells so the holes obviously need to be 6.? mm to go through and there not even 6mm f**  :slap:

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #884 on: June 18, 2017, 12:25:10 am »
Defiantly looks black to me  :laugh: