Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White MK6 GTI  (Read 22673 times)

Offline iian

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Candy White MK6 GTI
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 01:30:06 pm »
Looks great Ian.

What did you pay for the brakes if you don't mind me asking? And do they need new lines/hoses etc? I assume they aren't just a straight swap?

Cheers Ian.

They are a straight swap and I'll PM you. Got a bit of a bargain on them.

Offline iian

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 01:07:22 pm »
Its a while since I've last updated.

Been keeping up with the boring stuff, routine maintenance, got it through MOT etc.

Got the car Revo'd back in December by Chris at TG Performance after getting their black Friday promotion. Great service,and absolutely love the map. Then to carry on the performance side of things, got a Eurojet De-cat turbo back on a few weeks later, after MOT. Exhaust is spot on for what I was after, minimal increase in day-to-day noise but sounds awesome when your going for it. Need to play about to get it sitting exactly right, but otherwise very happy. Especially considering it was less than the price of most cat-backs alone.

Hope to get an intake sorted then get her mapped up to stage 2, but with other plans this will like be another month or 2 yet.

Otherwise, just been enjoying driving it. My GFs Dad owns a B&B up in Glenarm, which I've been using as an excuse to rake through the Mournes on a regular basis.

Also put the CH-Rs back on despite the winter. Though I'd imagine they'll hold up better to the elements than the factory monzas.

Then most recently I ordered a set of SRS tec 25mm wider wings, so I could run lower without any rubbing issues. I contacted the UK dealer and as luck would have it, he knew of a MK6 Golf set painted in candy white for sale privately. Took a punt on them in the hope they would be a good colour match and save me a few hundred quid having to paint a new set, however Parcelforce seemed to damage them in transit over from England, and don't cover body panels in their insurance, so not so lucky. (Colour match was perfect too! Bastid!) Not any extensive damage by any means, but damaged none the less.

Fitted them yesterday (they've to go to paint anyway) and dropped the car down to go into max lowz sc3n3 mode.

Love how it looks but it's in dire need of a chassis notch, so will be raising it up in the mean-time. And if I'm not happy with how it drives post-chassis notch I'll probably just raise it back up and get rid of the wings and not bother with sc3n3 lowz altogether. Want a good all-rounder, and I'm getting to old for this low car trailing about everywhere carry on.

Otherwise, it's going to get the number plate recess smoothed and wings repaired soon, then brakes fitted, intake and stage 2. Also have a set of LED tail lights on the way. Should be done by Dubshed and leave me free to enjoy the car for the better weathered months. Hoping to try some drag / track / hill climb days with it too.

I'm sure there's other stuff I've forgotten to add, but sure.

Cheers for reading.
Ian

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 04:54:23 pm »
This is really nice. Those CH-Rs suit the mk6 even more than the mk5!

To my eye it sat perfectly before you dropped it more with the wide wings. I've done all the chassis-notch business in the past in it turns into a farce... seems all your budget goes on sorting out the trade-offs of being spazzy low.

And it's nice to be able to drive a car without holding your breath when you see a small twig in the road..

Nice motor.

Offline ashvag0

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • candy white gti
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »
Sweet motor mate ive just purchased a candy white mk5 wish id of saved a bit harder and gone for the mk6 having seen this haha!  :sad1:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 06:06:22 pm »
Sweet motor mate ive just purchased a candy white mk5 wish id of saved a bit harder and gone for the mk6 having seen this haha!  :sad1:
I know what you mean mate, I wasn't a fan of the mk6 when it first came out but after a while I've grown to love it, and seeing examples like this that have been done properly just makes me like the shape more.

Still need to be won over by the mk7 though..!

Offline iian

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 08:39:24 pm »

To my eye it sat perfectly before you dropped it more with the wide wings. I've done all the chassis-notch business in the past in it turns into a farce... seems all your budget goes on sorting out the trade-offs of being spazzy low.

And it's nice to be able to drive a car without holding your breath when you see a small twig in the road..

Nice motor.

If I'm honest, I'm pretty close to swapping it back to how it was before after 1 day. I absolutely love the look, and in an ideal world, that's how it would be. But when it's your daily and your wrecking CVs, trailing subframes, and scraping bumpers etc. f*ck that. Just end up having to throw money at it, and resenting the car.

Rather have it more sensible and get some enjoyment out of driving it, rather than just making it look well.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 08:54:08 pm »

Nice motor.

If I'm honest, I'm pretty close to swapping it back to how it was before after 1 day. I absolutely love the look, and in an ideal world, that's how it would be. But when it's your daily and your wrecking CVs, trailing subframes, and scraping bumpers etc. f*ck that. Just end up having to throw money at it, and resenting the car.

Rather have it more sensible and get some enjoyment out of driving it, rather than just making it look well.
It actually looked slammed on the Highsports mate - if it was hassle-free and handled well with that setup then surely that's the thing to do!

Offline Brimall

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »
Lovely mptor. What a doffernce a set of coils and wheels makes. Totallly transformed

Offline alex55

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 11:36:54 pm »
i just love white cars, looks good

Offline zainster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 10:22:04 am »
Great looking GTi!  :happy2:

Offline iian

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 10:40:55 am »
Just keeping things up to date.

Front smoothed:

LED Tails:

Brakes painted, fitted and H&R Ultralows fitted:

Few complete pics:

Offline prp74

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:23 am »
Truly stunning  :notworthy:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline NikerGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 10:56:11 am »
looks brilliant that mate!

Offline jamieross

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »
When I bought my mk6. This is pretty my ch exactly how I pictured I wanted it to look. Looks amazing mate. :happy2:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 02:43:12 pm »

Think we have all been there haha