Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo stage 1 HELP  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Vdubzlw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
Revo stage 1 HELP
« on: March 29, 2016, 12:03:10 am »
Hi guys just bought a standard ed30 looking at going stage 1 can u just get a map and be done or do I need supporting mods etc if so wat bhp will it send me to uv heard it sends to about 300bhp am I right cheers for help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
Re: Revo stage 1 HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:26:29 pm »
Hi  :happy2:
Yes, you can get a map and be done quite happily.
With Revo results for stage 1 are around 270bhp. No other hardware required. Stage 2 requires some hardware but opinion on necessity and what exactly varies greatly. Your budget will also have some bearing on approach.
Other tuners will claim (and achieve in some cases) bigger numbers. Tuning these is not all about the numbers though. Remember it's a front wheel drive after all and too much torque particularly can be it's own undoing.
Have a read here: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99608.msg982641.html#msg982641

For info you don't need an intake for stage 1, although you may like one.

For me, and this is entirely personal, I would put the intake money towards a high pressure fuel pump (Loba). The OE fuel pumps can in some cases fail to deliver adequately throughout the full rev range. Not all have issues, but some can. Luck of the draw on manufacturing tolerances. A HPFP will ensure a constant air fuel ratio that your tune will appreciate and this will help protect your engine. After this I would go with an uprated intercooler. An S3 part is fine for up to stage 2.

After this sort the brakes. S3 kit front and rear is a substantial upgrade if you aren't going on track with it.

There are so many different ways to go about this and I'm not about to say what is right or wrong. You'll enjoy making your choices though!

If you want to drop serious cash on your car and it's a keeper I can thoroughly recommend an LSD. Wavetrac particularly. They work differently to the likes of Quaife etc. There aren't too many around with these so you may even get a little back at sale time but don't expect anything major. These really unlock the cars potential. Going to cost in the order of £1400 fitted mind you.

Bilstein B12 suspension kit is a great upgrade, Eibach ARB's front and rear aren't waste of money either, not forgetting an anti-lift kit (W.A.L.K)! In fact, do this early on. The bush it replaces is overly compliant and it will help prevent your suspension geometry changing under acceleration and braking.

I think you can see how this is going to go for you!  :rolleye:

Enjoy!  :driver:

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »
Save up for a clutch too  :scared:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. . .Ed30 will very likely slip at stage 1, especially with 88k miles on original clutch.

AKS tuning will do you a helix clutch, new dual mass flywheel fitted for around £1k  :happy2:

If you are after more power, as Flashp says above, HPFP is a must - unlocks loads more mid range power in the ed30.
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:18:54 pm »
cant recommend revo enough, great maps. As stated you might need a clutch. Ed30 are so tuneable, you get near 300 bhp on stage 1. Be gentle with the clutch, let it fully engage before giving it the big one. No traffic light starts and you might well be ok. I went to stage 1 at 48k and the clutch slipped so best you budget for it.

Offline Vdubzlw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:51 pm »
Ok cheers guys think I'm gunna go stage 1 and keep some money for the clutch if needed any one know prices for just stage one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk