Make a donation

Author Topic: Easycap - a cleaner way to refuel your ride or gimmick?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Easycap - a cleaner way to refuel your ride or gimmick?
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:07:38 pm »
The EasyCap is an innovative self–closing petrol cap made in Germany, that makes refuelling simple. The EasyCap features patented “refuel–through” technology which allows you to fill up without manually removing the gas cap – a technique employed in open wheel and touring car racing for decades, and now available for the street.

NEVER REMOVE IT – NEVER LOSE IT

Everyone has left a petrol tank cap on the roof of the car after filling up – never again. Purchase the EasyCap once and you’ll never have to remove it.

EASY INSTALLATION

Simply remove your old fuel cap, fit the EasyCap and you are ready to refuel like a race driver. The EasyCap is available in formats that suit 99% of cars on Australian roads.

NO PETROL SMELL ON HANDS

Stopping for petrol on the way to a sales meeting, party or date used to mean fuel–smelly hands just when you didn’t want them. EasyCap means there’s no need to manually remove the fuel cap, so your hands stay clean.

SAFE & LEGAL

The patented high quality EasyCap is made of a virtually unbreakable material that is absolutely resistant to all kinds of fuels and oils. It has passed strict German safety regulations and is legal on Australian roads.

ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY

The self–closing lid of the EasyCap reduces the amount of petrol fumes that escape while refuelling, cutting down on pollution and helping to protect the environment

http://easycap.com.au/

I've been enquiring about these, and although it would appear that the diesel version is the only one available for sale (the company that makes them is currently suffering with cashflow and so the petrol version is no longer being produced hence hard to find)

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Easycap - a cleaner way to refuel your ride or gimmick?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 07:52:15 pm »
I love the idea, being a detailer, I have to put the cap on top of the flap. I'm not a fan of that because of it touching the paint.

I suppose I could cut the tether but then I'd drive off without it. The idea is great but it would have to be fully certified for use in the uk. It's a biggie ain't it a fuel cap.

Another thing to consider is if it would work with our v power pumps. I've found recently that all of shell v power pump nozzles are different from standard diesel nozzles. Different enough for new bmws not to like them. I can hardly ever put v power diesel in my old mans car, the pump just clicks and cuts off.
I would hope that this cap won't cause anything like that.

Sorry for the waffling!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:14:33 pm »
i have that same issue at the vpower pumps with my car actually, have to rotate the nozzle about 30 degrees usually

but now youve said that fitting the cap would restrict such thing thus an empty fuel tank once fitted :fighting2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:17:45 pm »
I would like one of these as like Jay says you have to dangle the VW one somewhere on the paintwork. :rolleye:

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »
Can't really see the point...  :popcornsoda:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 11:57:44 pm »
I would like one of these as like Jay says you have to dangle the VW one somewhere on the paintwork. :rolleye:

ah no no no. Next time you fill up, have a look at the edge of the cap. There are two notches. These are meant to be there so you can hook the cap on top of the flap. Not ideal for a detailer but a lot better than it danglng!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:20:10 am »

ah no no no. Next time you fill up, have a look at the edge of the cap. There are two notches. These are meant to be there so you can hook the cap on top of the flap. Not ideal for a detailer but a lot better than it danglng!

who told you about that? :grin:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23:09 am »
i cant remember. All i remember about the guy is he smelt like boiled salmon!

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:38:01 am »
Can't really see the point...  :popcornsoda:
..........same here.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 09:41:37 am »
Sounds gimmicky. I find nothing wrong with holding the cap whilst filling up.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.