Make a donation

Author Topic: 17" Monza on MK7 GTi? Performance Pack Too?  (Read 2694 times)

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
17" Monza on MK7 GTi? Performance Pack Too?
« on: April 20, 2016, 06:51:12 am »
I currently have a mk5 GTi with two sets on Monza 17" alloys, one with summer tyres the other with winter tyres. 

I'm just starting to look for a mk7 GTi to upgrade too, I'd like one with 18" Austin alloys.  I'm planning on keeping one set of my 17" Monzas with the winter tyres for the new car.  So the questions are:

1. Will 17" Monza alloys fit the standard mk7 GTi?
2. Will 17" Monza alloys fit the mk7 GTi if its been upgraded with the Performance Pack, i.e. bigger brakes?
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
Re: 17" Monza on MK7 GTi? Performance Pack Too?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 09:05:07 pm »
Yes to both your questions, I ran 17 Monza's on my Mk7 Gti pp this winter, swapped back to my summer wheels 2/3 weeks ago

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98326.15.html

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:19:33 pm »
Thanks for the info and the link.  I had expected the PP upgrade brakes to be too big.  I'm now trying to decide whether to buy a second hand Tornado Red 5 Door GTi with PP...  I really want midnight blue but they seem to be so rare!
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 07:05:52 am »
It's worth waiting for the right spec and I think the PP does make a difference. Prices are coming down. Good luck with the search.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera