Make a donation

Author Topic: Warranty Issues  (Read 11752 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Warranty Issues
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 08:51:52 pm »
Make sure you stay with the car, don't take your eyes off it!  :nerd:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 08:53:37 pm »
That could be a problem but it will be gone over with a fine tooth comb when it gets picked up! They know how immaculate the car is so there will be no disputing any damages!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 08:58:57 pm »
That could be a problem but it will be gone over with a fine tooth comb when it gets picked up! They know how immaculate the car is so there will be no disputing any damages!

As I've already said earlier today, I think Listers are one of the good ones  :innocent:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 09:00:27 pm »
As I've already said earlier today, I think Listers are one of the good ones  :innocent:

I have to agree Nath, ive never had a problem with them. It also helps having people you know in high places there too! :party:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 08:56:27 am »
I have Xenons, fortunately it was only with them for 45 minutes!

So do they go through the self test/calibration routine?

Park facing a wall, or at a filling station, engine off, turn headlamps on, turn ignition on, then start engine - the beams should go down, then back up again.

The infamous xenon dance, It's sad but it's one of my favourite things about the Mk5 with Xenon's  :ashamed:  :jumping:

You'd love my Audi even more then.  Not only do they go up and down, but they also go side to side!  8)
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 08:57:48 am »
I like the coming home lights, you lock the car and walk away just waiting for somone to tell you that you've left your lights on.

I just give a smug reply, sommat like "I know, its a quality German car, and they can turn themselves off".  :evilgrin:
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 09:03:30 am »
I miss my xenons  :sad:

In that case they must have been like that from new as I used to get flashed  :embarrassed:

I still think that most peeps just flash at Xenons purely because they are more "eye catching" and generally much brigher.  It is usually the sado old farts in their brand new Kia Shumas and the likes - who still have candles for headlamps, and wouldn't know what a Xenon headlamp was if it was plonked on their zimmer frames!

I get flashed in both the GTI and the Audi, but both have been repeatedly checked for correct alignment.  They tend to get a quick flash of the mains, followed by one of these -  :angry015:

:evilgrin:  :evilgrin:
------