Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2, R Tech, AKS, MK6 GTI, DSG fun.  (Read 35970 times)

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Stage 2, R Tech, AKS, MK6 GTI, DSG fun.
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2016, 01:02:25 am »
yes mate, glad you finally got it mapped! I bet the drive home was class haha!

Offline NikerGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2016, 02:50:36 pm »

It certainly was. I had a good drive again today and the map is a work of art. It drives so much better in traffic and then when you get out of town and the road opens up  :laugh:. It just works SO well. I was worried that I'd struggle with wheel spin and understeer but not in the slightest.
It's a very polished well rounded package give I'm still on the standard suspension. I have to say that the brakes scary me at times with how much power they have. They're one mod that poeple should put high up there list!!! :happy2:

some gains on yours though, i was happy with 260hp/300lbft yours must be stupidly quick mate!

yours is coming together well now though mate, looking boss!

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 06:00:21 pm »

It certainly was. I had a good drive again today and the map is a work of art. It drives so much better in traffic and then when you get out of town and the road opens up  :laugh:. It just works SO well. I was worried that I'd struggle with wheel spin and understeer but not in the slightest.
It's a very polished well rounded package give I'm still on the standard suspension. I have to say that the brakes scary me at times with how much power they have. They're one mod that poeple should put high up there list!!! :happy2:

some gains on yours though, i was happy with 260hp/300lbft yours must be stupidly quick mate!

Thanks I'm really pleased with how the carbon parts are coming together. I'm booked in at a body shop as some t@@t has take a chunk out of my rear bumper in a car park. They are also going to be fitting some other carbon parts while it in with them. I'm hoping to have it done before VW action.
It feels nice and punchy for sure. I think at some point I'll go K04 though. I'm glad you're enjoying yours  :happy2:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:06:53 pm by ReDBull »

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2016, 06:03:13 pm »
More tarty carbon parts fitted. Well carbon dipped this time.

I didn't like the black plastic showing through the rear badge so I have sprayed it silver.

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2016, 04:07:00 pm »
Your car looks spot on.

Im trying sooooo hard to keep the outside looking standard but the carbon badges suits it so well

Offline NikerGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2016, 10:31:48 pm »

Thanks I'm really pleased with how the carbon parts are coming together. I'm booked in at a body shop as some t@@t has take a chunk out of my rear bumper in a car park. They are also going to be fitting some other carbon parts while it in with them. I'm hoping to have it done before VW action.
It feels nice and punchy for sure. I think at some point I'll go K04 though. I'm glad you're enjoying yours  :happy2:

hope its still going well mate! what did Niki say about ko4 on it? how much works involved, any rough ideas on hp & torque?

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
Usually around 380 is. I guess it depends on what mods you have and how good it flows. I did ask Rtech if they were mapping K04 TSI engine yet, and they told me it was still in development. things may have changed now though

Offline NikerGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2016, 06:48:15 pm »
Usually around 380 is. I guess it depends on what mods you have and how good it flows. I did ask Rtech if they were mapping K04 TSI engine yet, and they told me it was still in development. things may have changed now though

that will be next on your list! haha

got a BCS sports cat and catback coming soon hopefully just hope it doesn't bring the EML light on when fitted

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2016, 09:11:11 am »
Yeah, just need a few things sorted on. big brakes anf soft a blowing exhaust then stage 2....then maybe a hybrid. we all know its a slippery slope lol

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2016, 11:41:42 am »
Well I've been very busy with work and looking after the kids since the last time I posted. Oh and enjoying driving my car! When I first got my car back post remap. I was happy with the he gains but going on past mapping experiences, I was expecting a bit more dram. The more I've driven the car however the more I appreciate the power delivery and drivability. Considering I'm still on the standard suspension  :ashamed: it all works togeather very well. If a little scruffy on the limits. I had a tussle with a V10 M5 last night on the way home. Thoses things are fast in a straight line. But he was slowing me down in the twisty bits. The big brakes helping for sure.
On the brake front. I'm loving them still and have got used to how violently they can slow you down. One issue I have been having though is the brake balance. Mainly due to the tiny little rear solid discs. So I've tracked down a set of 8P S3 rear brakes. I'll need new discs and pads but they should help sort things out.

I've also bought a K04 turbo and WMI kit to be fitted at some point in the New Year.

I'm also booked into AKS for H&R coilovers, front and rear ARB's front ALK and the Polfis at the end of the month. I'm then going to try and stop spend and enjoy the driving! As far as K04 figures I'd think around 380 HBO and 400 lbft of torque. I have a set of S3 injections but Niki doesn't think I'll need them.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2016, 12:14:45 pm »
The S3 injectors aren't compatible with TSI engines, just with TFSI. :wink:

Also, you don't need them to make the power you want. Your stock injectors and HPFP can handle +400 BHP. :evilgrin:

Your engine needs the revised cam chain tensioner and chain, inlet valves cleaning, PCV delete with catch can, uprated dog bone mount, 3'' TBE system with sports cat or decat and a good CAI to go a long with the K04. The WMI is always a good upgrade too. Should be a great car to drive. :drinking:

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2016, 12:26:03 pm »

Also, you don't need them to make the power you want. Your stock injectors and HPFP can handle +400 BHP. :evilgrin:

Your engine needs the revised cam chain tensioner and chain, inlet valves cleaning, PCV delete with catch can, uprated dog bone mount, 3'' TBE system with sports cat or decat and a good CAI to go a long with the K04. The WMI is always a good upgrade too. Should be a great car to drive. :drinking:

Thanks for the info on the injectors. That's pretty much what Niki said, I'll got these S3  injections up for sale now. I'm going to get the cam chain tensioner checked to see if it has been changed as that is what I was told by the main dealer when I bough he car. I've already got a 3.5" dp,de cat and BCS cat back fitted. Along with the dog bone mount, REVO intake and Peron intercooler. I'll have a look into the PVC delete and catch tank. Is the blanking plate the same on the TFSI as TSI? I really do know very little about these engines  :ashamed:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
No, the blanking plate is very different on the TSI engines. You'll have to check what's the best for your budget. :smiley:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2016, 04:32:00 pm »

Definitely get the chain tensioner done. our engines are prone to these failing. I think I paid 450 for mine last month. better safe than sorry. You dont need a PCV delete or catch tank but its optional. Get a decent fmic, as the turbo will run hot with stage 2 k04 boost. Your induction kit will need a 25mm take of welded to it for where the DV to intake pipe woild link to. Also the turbo will need a take off welded to it as it isnt a direct fit. Your on the right track though.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »
Yeah, a PCV delete isn't required but retards the carbon build up in the inlet valves. :smiley: