Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2, R Tech, AKS, MK6 GTI, DSG fun.  (Read 35939 times)

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Stage 2, R Tech, AKS, MK6 GTI, DSG fun.
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
Update time since my visit to AKS on Wednesday.
On went H&R coilovers, front and rear ARBS, front anti lift kit and Polar FIS.
She's fitting very nicely now and I'm loving how she looks. One of my big worries was that the ride quality would be ruined. However it's not. It feels very similar to standard, slightly firmer but rides the bumps better than the standard set up. Alex assured me before they were fitted that I'd like the coilovers. And I'm very impressed with them. High speed corners now it just turns in. No more having to wrestle with the car. If anyone is looking for a good usable road set up I'd highly recommend these components. Alex didn't have time to set up the suspension so I'm going to go get a standard alignment soon. I don't want anything to aggressive due to the miles I do and the roads I drive.

Yes I know I need to get her cleaned!!!

I also finally got the spoiler fitted which just finishes things off nicely.

I left the K04 with Alex so he can modify it to fit the TSI. I need to have a word with Niki about when and how long he needs my car for. Then I can get booked in to get it fitted.

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2016, 04:06:34 pm »
Only quality bits fitted! Great build! :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2016, 04:56:06 pm »
Good news that the coilovers aren't harsh. It's always a bit of a heart in mouth moment when you first drive it after having them fitted. I remember going from Koni springs & dampers to Weitec coilovers on an old car, and it actually rode better 20mm further down on the Weitecs! A pleasant surprise for you I'm sure.

I think with the TFSI k04 mapping Niki has the car for a week, so I'd imagine it'll be at least that much for you.

Turning into a very nice build this. Nice work.

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2016, 07:30:29 am »
Only quality bits fitted! Great build! :happy2:

Thanks. It's funny you should say that as it's only the Relentless DP that's has been causing any problems. I should of gone for a full BCS system!

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2016, 07:37:39 am »
Good news that the coilovers aren't harsh. It's always a bit of a heart in mouth moment when you first drive it after having them fitted. I remember going from Koni springs & dampers to Weitec coilovers on an old car, and it actually rode better 20mm further down on the Weitecs! A pleasant surprise for you I'm sure.

I think with the TFSI k04 mapping Niki has the car for a week, so I'd imagine it'll be at least that much for you.

Thanks. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out as a package. It doesn't feel like modified cars I've had in the past. The power delivery is so smooth and the ride isn't harsh at all. It feels better to live with than the standard car. The only thing that gives it away is how violent the brakes are.   

What kind of r results are people get with K04's fitted to the TSI?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2016, 10:30:03 am »

Thanks. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out as a package. It doesn't feel like modified cars I've had in the past. The power delivery is so smooth and the ride isn't harsh at all. It feels better to live with than the standard car. The only thing that gives it away is how violent the brakes are.   

What kind of r results are people get with K04's fitted to the TSI?
AFAIK you'll get 350-380 BHP, depending on the engine and mods. With your setup I'd expect around 380 BHP. :smiley:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2016, 10:12:28 am »
Maybe more with meth.....

Im stock but collecting parts for k04. still not sure if i should wait for all my k04 parts or go stage 2 in between.
With the coilovers, did it disconnect the DCC or does it include the plug for it?

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2017, 01:49:35 pm »
Since I've last been on I've been really enjoying my car. To the point that I've hardly used the 911. Unfortunately though due to my family getting bigger I'm having to put it up for sale.  More than likely I'll put it back to standard and sell the parts off separately. I'm absolutely gutted to be doing this. I envisaged keeping this car for many years. Which is why I spent the money on mods that I have. I'm also gutted that I didn't get the K04 and WMI fitted!!!

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2017, 11:08:04 am »
Gutted for you man. This build was going so well..

Needs must I suppose.

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2017, 07:24:03 am »
Gutted for you man. This build was going so well..

Needs must I suppose.

Absolutely. I don't want to see but it's just not big enough now. I have a plan to spend some money on the 911 then hopefully get a 7R estate within two years.

I've also recently had a full service inc DSG service and replaced the coilpacks for R8 items. She's running really well!