Make a donation

Author Topic: What suspension setup for £500?  (Read 5448 times)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: What suspension setup for £500?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:10 am »
Will be  :popcornsoda: for pics  :happy2:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 12:13:32 pm »
People and stores keep confusing the springs for GTIs. :doh:

Europe and USA aren't comparable markets since the factory springs differ as well. American GTI have an higher ride height.

There's just one part number for European GTIs from H&R: (29176-1). They drop 30 mm from factory ride height (GTI are -20 mm compared with normal Golfs) and they look basically the same as the Eibach Sportlines, but they give a more balanced ride height between axles. The springs have an unique colour: blue, not red like the H&R -50 mm for non-GTI/GT/GT Sport mk5 Golfs.

Eibach only sells Sportlines in Europe for GTIs. There are 2 part numbers for all mk5s: with or without DSG. They are red. The rear axle sits higher compared with the H&R -30 mm.

Eibach sells Pro-Kit springs in the USA for GTIs, they are black and would only lower the European factory ride height by around 10-15 mm. I have Pro-Kits for Golfs 1.9 TDI without DSG in my GT Sport. They are really comfortable springs, much better than factory sport springs.

I had Eibach Sportlines with factory dampers in my Edition 30 and I found them too harsh over small road creases. I bet they would work much better with Bilsteins B8. I prefer the stance that H&R -30 mm give so I replaced the Sportlines and fitted Koni Sport dampers with the H&R. The setup is soo much better and has much more suppleness than before. I like it. :smiley:

Offline glowery

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 02:25:48 am »
So I picked the car high after having the B8's and sportlines fitted. All I can say is wow, it's completely transformed the car. It feels so much tighter big,

Before...

After...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk