Make a donation

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 37123 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Brexit
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:41:03 am »
What does everyone make of it? Looks like sterling has dropped a good bit in the short term so worldwide eBay sales of car equipment might stop for a couple months  :grin:

Offline jayha11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97064.0.html
Re: Brexit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:45:13 am »
I voted out. The drop in sterling was to be expected but we will have to wait and see what happens going forward. I am tired of all these would be politicians and economic experts filling my Facebook this morning however....
Mk5 GTI > S3 8P > Cupra 300 > Cupra 290 > Mk5 R32

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25:04 am »
Voted in. Deeply saddened by the outcome, and worried about the future. Genuinely didnt believe this could happen. I think instead of being angry at the voters who lead us to this result, we now need to unite in this decision.

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0ckmq4ah5gcomhrkn6uell3980&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:07 am »
Dont think it will be good for my company as most of our sales are to the EU. Defo wont be good for my family living in Spain.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:32:49 am »
Hundreds of £Billions wiped off the value of British companies; Sterling at lowest value in over 30 years; a poorer economy than France. Not predictable at all!

What is just as concerning is the adult (voting) portion of the 30 million people who just couldn't be a*sed to vote.

There will probably be some recovery to the economy, over time, but as commentators have noted, this is a self inflicted harmful retrograde step. Little Britain!

I can understand Northern Ireland voting to stay in, as it gets shedloads of EU money, but I don't understand the Wales vote, to exit, with failing traditional Welsh industries and local economies needing EU funding to support them.

Unbelievable.  If there was any doubt, I was a remain in...... :sad1:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:37:09 am by Juliand »

dansmith180

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 11:42:59 am »
Yes but where do you think the 'EU funding' comes from originally? Its just our own money being given back to us and we're supposed to say "thank you sir".

The markets were always going to sh*t themselves at the start because of the uncertainty over our future (which is of course scary and I'm not enjoying that bit) but its part of the process to building ourselves a better, stronger and more independent Britain again.

I'm not in denial, this is a gamble and we didn't have to take it but the EU is becoming very controlling and I don't like the way its heading. Fortunately I'm not in a position where much is at risk for me when we leave but I know some people have more to lose and can't blame them for taking the 'safe' option.

In 10 years time (when I'm building a family and buying a house) though I see us being far better off out of the EU than in it.

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 12:07:03 pm »
bye bye euro please shut the door on your way out !

short term everything will drop and look doomed we will come back bigger and stronger this country always does  :happy2:
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27:25 pm »
Yes but where do you think the 'EU funding' comes from originally? Its just our own money being given back to us and we're supposed to say "thank you sir".

Uk paid £13 Billion into European Union in 2015, and yes is a net contributor. Compare the £13 Billion to the damage caused to the economy - it's trifling against that. And do you think it will get paid back out the poorer regions in the UK? No, it will just be absorbed as yet another saving

dansmith180

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 12:53:55 pm »

Uk paid £13 Billion into European Union in 2015, and yes is a net contributor. Compare the £13 Billion to the damage caused to the economy - it's trifling against that. And do you think it will get paid back out the poorer regions in the UK? No, it will just be absorbed as yet another saving

You're thinking far too short term, today has been utter sh*t, but every day from now we can begin to change and grow. Markets lose billions all the time but today everyone has been made aware of it.

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:00 pm »

In 10 years time (when I'm building a family and buying a house) though I see us being far better off out of the EU than in it.

Exactly why I voted out,i have a 2 year old girl and a boy arriving in 4 weeks and I want to safeguard their future in this country. My job as a funeral director will not be effected by the vote and I do feel for others who will be financially worse off but in the long run things WILL come good. It's a gamble i am willing to take and fully expect to suffer and become the Guinea pig to trial and error within the next decade but as others have said we will become bigger,better and stronger

Of course this all depends on if it actually happens!!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:23 pm »
I think we will come back stronger,just give it a bit of time...
Do u think house prices will be effected & first time buyers being harder
To get on the property ladder?

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0ckmq4ah5gcomhrkn6uell3980&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 02:45:39 pm »
I think we will come back stronger,just give it a bit of time...
Do u think house prices will be effected & first time buyers being harder
To get on the property ladder?

The only way its gonna effect house prices is if the interest rates rocket up. I cant see that happening

Offline Johnsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 04:01:47 pm »
Went to bed a European and woke up a proud Englishman, modern day revolution !

the value of the pound going down is a temporary blip in the grand scale of things,once again Britain has the chance to be Great again.

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:21 pm »
Went to bed a European and woke up a proud Englishman, modern day revolution !

the value of the pound going down is a temporary blip in the grand scale of things,once again Britain has the chance to be Great again.

Technically we're still Europeans in the geographical sense.
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 04:49:55 pm »
I enjoyed this article http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/entire-british-empire-restored-20160624109759

Let's see if it comes off as there talking years to unravel the knot.