Make a donation

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 36691 times)

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Brexit
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 05:10:20 pm »
I think it's a massive gamble, with no certain future, buts it's happened now so let's find out.

I'm most angry about all the lies and propaganda. Do we even have a credible leader to take us through this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 05:11:29 pm »
I think we will come back stronger,just give it a bit of time...
Do u think house prices will be effected & first time buyers being harder
To get on the property ladder?

The only way its gonna effect house prices is if the interest rates rocket up. I cant see that happening

It definitely not that simple, and yes interest rates are likely to increase due to government bonds

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 05:15:03 pm »
The fun continues Could Britain face a second EU referendum already?

http://dailym.ai/28REzyv

The Bookies have lost big style!

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 05:27:04 pm »
I enjoyed this article http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/entire-british-empire-restored-20160624109759

Let's see if it comes off as there talking years to unravel the knot.

Ha, ha. Very funny, amongst all of the despair. Unassuringly, that's how a lot of people seem to see it - harking back to the days of the good old British Empire ruling the World! Delusional!

"There are none so blind as those that won't see"

Offline doylebros

• Thank You

Offline Craig Stanley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 06:52:14 pm »
Couldnt really make my mind up until about two days ago. Now I feel a bit gutted as I voted to remain in the end. Can't believe that twat Boris is going to represent us now either.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:55:45 pm by Craig Stanley »

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 06:54:01 pm »
Sad day but even sadder Boris is more than likely going to be our leader now. God help us.

Yes two years of Boris is a real worry!

Offline Craig Stanley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 06:56:43 pm »
And then maybe Trump. F**k.

Offline Craig Stanley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 06:57:25 pm »
Hair raising thought really:)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0ckmq4ah5gcomhrkn6uell3980&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 07:09:01 pm »
I think we will come back stronger,just give it a bit of time...
Do u think house prices will be effected & first time buyers being harder
To get on the property ladder?

The only way its gonna effect house prices is if the interest rates rocket up. I cant see that happening

It definitely not that simple, and yes interest rates are likely to increase due to government bonds

Correct. that was an over simplification. But house prices are unlikely to be effected IMO.

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
Brexit
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 08:02:31 pm »
I find it amazing that the BREXITERS so casually dismiss the early signs that they f***ed up, and dismiss any analysis or expert opinion.

According to them, the markets know nothing, the economists know nothing, business leaders know nothing. No. Apparently the real experts are that racist Farage, bumbling idiot BoJo, the xenophobic, the old, and the working class.

Make no mistake, what we've seen today in financial markets is significant.

GBP's largest ever 1 day fall, and lowest point since the mid 1980's vs USD.

The U.K. Is about to lose its AAA credit rating with S&P.

Equity markets around Europe have taken a beating.

The reasons the FTSE wasn't worse were because the BoE has pledged £250bn to shore up markets, there is a lot of short covering going on, and the fact that GBP has fallen so far helps the index (in dollar terms, the index has fallen about 10%)

So not only have we increased the cost of imports by 8% overnight, the prospect of the EU breaking apart has significantly weakened the market that currently buys 50% of our exports.

Add in the fact that the UK is heavily dependent on foreign direct investment to fund our current account, and any foreign investor just got badly burned. Expect major outflows.

The economy was growing at 2%. Inflation was low. Unemployment at 5% was the lowest in a decade and still falling. Wages had begun to rise.

And we've chucked it away for a load of empty promises.

Ultimately I blame Cameron. There was no need to have a referendum in the first place, and risk the future of my kids by handing the decision to the population, most of whom know nothing about the economy or financial markets, and are uninterested in facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:13:50 pm by FJ1000 »

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 08:52:55 pm »

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 09:25:12 pm »
I took advantage today and purchase a syphon from
Hario on their uk based website for delivery to Ireland and saved! Sorry to hit you lads when you're down :driver:

dansmith180

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »
I find it amazing that the BREXITERS so casually dismiss the early signs that they f***ed up, and dismiss any analysis or expert opinion.

According to them, the markets know nothing, the economists know nothing, business leaders know nothing. No. Apparently the real experts are that racist Farage, bumbling idiot BoJo, the xenophobic, the old, and the working class.

The reasons the FTSE wasn't worse were because the BoE has pledged £250bn to shore up markets, there is a lot of short covering going on, and the fact that GBP has fallen so far helps the index (in dollar terms, the index has fallen about 10%)

So not only have we increased the cost of imports by 8% overnight, the prospect of the EU breaking apart has significantly weakened the market that currently buys 50% of our exports.

Add in the fact that the UK is heavily dependent on foreign direct investment to fund our current account, and any foreign investor just got badly burned. Expect major outflows.

The economy was growing at 2%. Inflation was low. Unemployment at 5% was the lowest in a decade and still falling. Wages had begun to rise.

Ultimately I blame Cameron. There was no need to have a referendum in the first place, and risk the future of my kids by handing the decision to the population, most of whom know nothing about the economy or financial markets, and are uninterested in facts.

It's pretty obvious you have a much better knowledge of the markets than myself but it was always obvious there was going to be serious instability for the first few days at the very least. It closed well today though.

The thing I disagree with though is that your children are at risk because if anything they will reap the rewards. There will be sh*t but that's coming now and for the next few years, in the long term without the restrictions and red tape provided by the EU we can flourish and do better than ever.

Most of the people who were scare mongering about how we will be shunned once outside of the EU have already done a complete U turn and said they can't wait yo deal with us.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 10:49:56 pm »

What a spot on analysis. Absolutely right. Without the Bank of England bailing this out with hundreds of £Billions to regain liquidity this would have been a much greater disaster. But make no mistake, that money will not come without consequences.
Most people would have missed the significance, bathing in the euphoria of their myopia.

A significant point made too about the consequences for our children's generation - there is a valid point about  voting being restricted to the younger ones, given that they will be the ones having to bear the major brunt of this in years to come.

It surprises me just how much racism still exists in the UK today. So much for a rich multi-cultural, tolerant, diverse  society.

Double standards pervade too. I wonder how many of those voting out, drive European cars, take holidays in Europe, have pensions invested in European equities, and who work for companies whose origins lie outside of the UK, but have bases in the UK.

All so very short sighted....

Inflation will rise, interest rates will increase, holidays abroad will cost more, inward investment to the UK will decline, exports will cost more, affecting Uk businesses,  Housebuilding will slow , as so many of the big developers names have lost value in their companies, so house prices will continue to escalate, and the banks have lost billions, so who will pay that bill? A Great day for the Independant UK! Top marks....