Make a donation

Author Topic: Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30  (Read 33928 times)

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 06:44:30 pm »
Looking mean and some nice buys. I recently bought a Revo intake (non camcoat), do you have a link to the heat shield? Thanks,
Thanks mate, quite happy with the mods I've got so far :) have you fitted the intake yet? Yeah no problem here's the link http://www.garagemidnight.com/collections/engine-air-intakes/products/garage-midnight-2-0tfsi-intake-exhaust-manifold-heat-shield it's definitely worth doing especially with the non cam coat version, I thought I'd do it anyway even though mine is the cam coat, every little helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 06:49:06 pm »
Really nice looking Ed. 30! :wink:

Mods of really good quality. :happy2:

PS: Just to let you know that your front splitter is not the factory part. It's the Votex splitter. Check this topic for example: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60096.
Cheers mate, much appreciated! Just need to get the mods fitted now then to r-tech :)

Wow good eyes! I'm impressed lol I didn't even know that, thanks for telling me, always nice to know these things!

Offline Martk19871

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 14
  • Va Va Voom
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100145.msg983012.html#msg983012
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 07:56:57 pm »

PS: Just to let you know that your front splitter is not the factory part. It's the Votex splitter. Check this topic for example: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60096.

I noticed that as well, assumed Martin must have known! I actually prefer that splitter  :happy2:

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 08:11:52 pm »
Love the colour.

I recently put a Powervalve on my GTI and its awesome!! Best mod i've done (other than the map!!)

How are the spacers working out? I fancy doing that myself.
Thanks mate :)

Ohh nice, did you go decat mate? I can't wait to hear it in person everyone says how good they sound! Bet you end up using a tank of fuel after fitting don't you? Haha

Wheel spacers are spot on, 12mm is perfect imo it just sets the back off and gives the car a wider stance especially on h&r springs which I noticed you have on your gti! I'm going to put my other 12mm spacers on the front when I fit the brakes so will all be matching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep H&R all the way. I'll look out for an update on the spacers.

My Powervalve is the 200 cell turbo backed with cat. I don't know any mot guys so would have trouble getting it through.

I've said my thread/GTI is finished but I know I'll always find something else I want  :laugh:

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 09:01:23 pm »
Love the colour.

I recently put a Powervalve on my GTI and its awesome!! Best mod i've done (other than the map!!)

How are the spacers working out? I fancy doing that myself.
Thanks mate :)

Ohh nice, did you go decat mate? I can't wait to hear it in person everyone says how good they sound! Bet you end up using a tank of fuel after fitting don't you? Haha

Wheel spacers are spot on, 12mm is perfect imo it just sets the back off and gives the car a wider stance especially on h&r springs which I noticed you have on your gti! I'm going to put my other 12mm spacers on the front when I fit the brakes so will all be matching!

Yep H&R all the way. I'll look out for an update on the spacers.

My Powervalve is the 200 cell turbo backed with cat. I don't know any mot guys so would have trouble getting it through.

I've said my thread/GTI is finished but I know I'll always find something else I want  :laugh:
I agree mate, gives the gti the perfect drop doesn't it!

Nice, it is a lot easier on mot time having the sports cat isn't it, I'm hoping my guy can pass me on decat as I haven't asked him yet lol

Haha there's always something else to do isn't there! Coming on here and looking at different peoples build threads just tempts me and gives me too many ideas!

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 09:03:03 pm »

I noticed that as well, assumed Martin must have known! I actually prefer that splitter  :happy2:
No I didn't notice, can't believe it lol now I do know I actually prefer it myself too so that's a bonus :)

Offline Rippers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 20
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,105772.0.html
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 11:25:11 pm »

Saved you a mod. Win win  :happy2:
No I didn't notice, can't believe it lol now I do know I actually prefer it myself too so that's a bonus :)

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 05:15:25 pm »
Hi all, just a quick update and my predicament lol had my BCS sports power valve exhaust fitted yesterday sounds unreal but is too loud for my liking! Being a decat and the sports system I think that is my problem so if anyone on here knows of anyone selling a BCS sports cat and maybe a prestige silencer can you let me know please! Exchange may be possible but the only thing is I need my car as its a daily!

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 09:52:35 pm »
Dude after going for a blast in your car today, I'm mesmerised with your exhaust/intake sounds - it is bloody awesome!

Your car is spot on and drives amazing. Mine felt civilised in comparison - yours is like a growling animal.

I just need to get my intake fitted and see if that improves things for me.
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 10:34:24 pm »
Dude after going for a blast in your car today, I'm mesmerised with your exhaust/intake sounds - it is bloody awesome!

Your car is spot on and drives amazing. Mine felt civilised in comparison - yours is like a growling animal.

I just need to get my intake fitted and see if that improves things for me.
Haha thanks mate :) it is a bit of a beast isn't it, puts a smile on my face every journey! Appreciate your kind words though!

Was very impressed with yours too, pulled really hard which I didn't expect as much as that on the K03, and your mods are going very well to say you have done everything yourself!

Yeah get that Intake fitted and you will be loving it, goes perfect with the BCS exhaust only thing is  as soon as you do you will be spending a lot more time at the petrol station lol

Offline Dan_ED30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 11:59:58 am »
That is absolutely lovely mate.

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »
That is absolutely lovely mate.
Thanks Dan, getting there slowly :) on the way to stage 2+ now probably be early next year! Then just need a full day of detailing I think!

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 09:18:22 pm »
Did you get your sports cat in the end from BCS?

PS - fitted the Ramair intake over the weekend and it still doesn't sound as awesome as yours! Might change it for a Revo one when I get bored of this one and if one comes up at a decent price.

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Mercedes CLS 320 V6

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 09:38:58 pm »
Did you get your sports cat in the end from BCS?

PS - fitted the Ramair intake over the weekend and it still doesn't sound as awesome as yours! Might change it for a Revo one when I get bored of this one and if one comes up at a decent price.
Hi rash, yeah I got my sports cat fitted last week been meaning to update my build thread, strange thing is its still a lot louder than yours couldn't believe it! It's toned it down slightly but not as much as expected, I'm going to live with it for now anyway because I don't want to throw anymore money at the exhaust, very confused to why mine is a lot louder but is identical exhaust as yours now..

That's great news that you managed to fit your intake sorry I didn't get chance to give you a hand, how did you get on fitting it? Oh really, I thought the ram air would be pretty similar to the revo tbh! I'm sure one will come up on the for sale section at some point!

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 04:32:51 pm »
Let me know when you're free sometime, wouldn't mind another listen to it. Is the rumble/burble still loud on idle too?

I had @RetroRaz help with the intake on the weekend. Here's how it looks now with the engine cover modified too:

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Mercedes CLS 320 V6