Make a donation

Author Topic: Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30  (Read 33933 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
I'm not seeing VW making a GTI with AWD. That's R territory. Even today's Clubsport S Edition 40 is FWD with a LSD. :smiley:

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2017, 08:29:46 am »
4 wheel drive conversion maybe ?  :wink:
Now that would be amazing lol such a shame the ed30 didn't get it from the factory, would have completed the whole package!

To be honest it baffles me why they didn't. If we look at it car wise (excluding the R32 as it doesn't have a turbo) if they did make it AWD surely it would of made it a better option and direct competitor with the Audi S3 that was out at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I know I've always thought the same, I nearly bought an s3 for that reason but I think the ed30 looks so much nicer and stands out more, there's just so many audi's on the road nowadays so the s3 just blends in & doesn't look as special imo. Might just have to get a mk6 R if funds let me ;)

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2017, 08:34:16 am »
I'm not seeing VW making a GTI with AWD. That's R territory. Even today's Clubsport S Edition 40 is FWD with a LSD. :smiley:
Yeah you make a good point actually, I forgot the ed40 came with fwd too! Suppose Vw has to keep things different for various models as it would be like buying the same car just with a different look.

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
Hi Martin,

Can't believe you're selling up! Actually I can, as I'm in a similar boat and will be selling up soon as well. I'm sick of the manual and want an auto (grass is always greener on the other side).

I put my BCS and Ramair up for sale just last night and both have sold already. I didn't have any other performance mods, so it'll go up for sale soon after they have been removed.

Gonna miss the car, but I also want a 4WD. I think it's needed in the UK, with the weather that we have for most of the year.

I quite like the Audi S5 to be honest. Big V8 and 4WD. Never had a V8 so need to tick that box. It's been one of my favourite cars for a long time now, just haven't been able to afford it before.

If I was keeping my car, I would have had your brakes off you. I've been in two minds for a while now, but in the end decided to let it go and move on.
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Martin's Tornado Red DSG Edition 30
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2017, 10:48:27 pm »
Hi Martin,

Can't believe you're selling up! Actually I can, as I'm in a similar boat and will be selling up soon as well. I'm sick of the manual and want an auto (grass is always greener on the other side).

I put my BCS and Ramair up for sale just last night and both have sold already. I didn't have any other performance mods, so it'll go up for sale soon after they have been removed.

Gonna miss the car, but I also want a 4WD. I think it's needed in the UK, with the weather that we have for most of the year.

I quite like the Audi S5 to be honest. Big V8 and 4WD. Never had a V8 so need to tick that box. It's been one of my favourite cars for a long time now, just haven't been able to afford it before.

If I was keeping my car, I would have had your brakes off you. I've been in two minds for a while now, but in the end decided to let it go and move on.
Hi Rash,

I've been thinking about selling up for a few weeks now won't be yet probably in a month or so, due to this I thought it would be pointless modding the car any further so I sold the brakes, I'm just starting to get a little bored lately & I'm the opposite to you as I really want a manual again lol

That's good news on selling the exhaust & intake so fast, I'll be selling my Bcs & revo intake when I come to selling the car too so I'll probably ask the same money for my exhaust as you did!

4WD is a must for me next time after owning the ed30 over winter it made me realise how much I need it if I'm going to get something with similar power.

Audi s5 is a good shout, lovely looking cars and that v8 would be awesome with the 4WD and obviously the sound would be unreal!

I think everyone gets to that point no matter how much you love your car I've owned my ed30 for a year now and it's been brilliant and gets a lot of attention, not sure what I want next yet so for now I'll keep it.

You will have to let me know if you end up getting a s5 as I'd love to come and have a look at it myself as I've never been in one, plus I want to hear that v8 growl :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2017, 12:47:00 pm »
All this selling talk has me feeling a bit sad   :signLOL: but I hope you guys will stay on the forum when you have your new pride and joys.

I completely understand where you are coming from concerning the 4WD stuff it is essential in the UK if you want driveability and to get the power down properly. Golf R or RS3 8P for me in the next few years if my finances allow for that

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2017, 07:53:06 pm »
All this selling talk has me feeling a bit sad   :signLOL: but I hope you guys will stay on the forum when you have your new pride and joys.

I completely understand where you are coming from concerning the 4WD stuff it is essential in the UK if you want driveability and to get the power down properly. Golf R or RS3 8P for me in the next few years if my finances allow for that
Haha sorry mate, I will be sad the day the car sells even if I am ready for a change, I will definitely stay on the forum without a doubt, everyone on here are so friendly & very helpful.

Yeah I think a lot of people decide to go 4wd after having a mk5 gti for that reason! I'm tempted on a Golf R tbh just not sure wether funds will let me atm just need the prices to drop that little bit more on them!

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2017, 08:04:36 pm »
Car went straight through its MOT today, only advisory was on the HID's fitted which I've never had any trouble with so will leave them on anyway, all good other than that so well chuffed :)

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2017, 09:16:30 pm »
That's brilliant news. Have you advertised yours yet?

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Mercedes CLS 320 V6

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2017, 09:18:09 pm »
That's brilliant news. Have you advertised yours yet?
Not yet mate, just had an email off somebody from here interested though :)

Have you advertised yours yet? Have you stripped the mods off now?

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2017, 11:16:40 am »
The Ramair has gone. Hopefully the BCS is going this Saturday (deposit taken).

I'm trying to get rid of the xenons at the moment too (advertised on here).

All going well should be advertising it next week.

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Mercedes CLS 320 V6

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2017, 11:27:08 am »
The Ramair has gone. Hopefully the BCS is going this Saturday (deposit taken).

I'm trying to get rid of the xenons at the moment too (advertised on here).

All going well should be advertising it next week.
That's good news :) sounds like your getting there! Have you actually got the exhaust off the car or are you doing an exchange to standard? Just wondered because I'm in the same boat with my car & don't know where to go to get it changed over!

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2017, 02:52:52 pm »
Getting it swapped over this weekend from National Tyres and Autocare on Castle Boulevard.

I've used this garage before and they are very good at jobs like that.

Let me know when you're ready for the swap over and I'll tell which guy to ask for. He's pretty reasonably priced as well. I think he does it 'on the side' but he's very helpful. He makes a little drink out of it and uses the garages tools etc. It's a win win for everyone.

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Mercedes CLS 320 V6

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2017, 07:44:12 pm »
Getting it swapped over this weekend from National Tyres and Autocare on Castle Boulevard.

I've used this garage before and they are very good at jobs like that.

Let me know when you're ready for the swap over and I'll tell which guy to ask for. He's pretty reasonably priced as well. I think he does it 'on the side' but he's very helpful. He makes a little drink out of it and uses the garages tools etc. It's a win win for everyone.
Oh nice one, not too far from my work either!

Yeah I'll drop you a message on WhatsApp and get the details from you when I'm ready mate thanks for that :)

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2017, 12:18:53 pm »
Removed my revo intake today so will be up for sale shortly when I get chance to do a sale post, anyone interested P.m me!