Make a donation

Author Topic: Ollie's 2012 Rising Blue 6 R  (Read 38645 times)

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
Re: Ollie's 2012 Rising Blue 6 R
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »
Stunning car this  :happy2: exhaust sounds great and can only imagine in person it's even better. Out of intrest what's the diameter of the tail pipes?

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:55 am »
Stunning car this  :happy2: exhaust sounds great and can only imagine in person it's even better. Out of intrest what's the diameter of the tail pipes?

Thanks Chris! It sounds great in the flesh  :innocent:

They're 100mm which is just shy of 4" (3.93701" to be exact  :grin:), and fill the diffuser recesses perfectly IMO.

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 01:59:09 pm »
Been quiet with the updates recently. Nothing too much has happened; I've reached a point where I'm enjoying the car but going into my third year of ownership I can't help but focus on what's next. The Golf has been faultless and is an incredible all-rounder, but who knows what next year may bring. I toyed with the idea of a fuel pump and 2+ map however I think I'd rather keep the cash and enjoy it as is.

Had my wheels refurbished back to OEM hyper silver;

Untitled by Ollie Dunstall, on Flickr

Whilst the wheels were off it was a good excuse for a deep clean; arches washed, decontaminated and dressed in Poorboys Natural Look. Brake disc bells painted black (apologies for the shocking photograph!)

Gave all wheels two coats of Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour including the inner barrels. Yet to comment on the product as I haven't washed it yet but it was easy to apply and certainly gave them a glossy finish.

...and finally 4 x brand new OEM centre caps to finish it off

It's all in the details  :wink:

Wheels back on:

And one from before the wheels were redone;

Thanks for looking  :happy2:

Offline trackep

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 02:48:43 pm »
Top Notch!!!

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:08 pm »
Me like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You

Offline ED30Matt91

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »
Favorite car on here wouldn't change a thing, rising blue is the one.

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2017, 08:15:51 pm »
Favorite car on here wouldn't change a thing, rising blue is the one.

Thanks for the kind words mate  :smiley:

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2017, 03:25:27 pm »
Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted on here.

Just a quick message to send out a feeler to anyone who may be interested in buying my car. It's not officially for sale yet, will probably putting it up toward the end of the year, but just a heads up to anyone who might be interested. I could be persuaded to let it go beforehand if I get a good offer.

Hopefully I don't need to bang on about condition etc - hopefully my documentation of the car over the last few pages will show how well it's been cherished. Full service history, MOT is due next month but will be sorted.

2012 (62) Golf 6 R DSG, currently on 54k'ish, will rise gently as I cover around 500mls/month. Every possible extra (including RNS510, Recaros, DCC, Dynaudio, blah blah blah) plus some OEM+ mods (listed below) that make this car drive so, so well (and look the part, too!).

Been serviced at the correct intervals, with OEM genuine parts, can provide more info. if required.

Mods include BC Racing Coilovers, H&R Anti Roll Bars, Polybushed, BCS Powervalve Exhaust w/ 200cel Sports Cat, Revo CAI, GFB DV+, Polar FIS Advanced, TTS engine cover, Carbon mirror caps, probably more that I've missed; thats just off the top of my swede.

Genuine reason for sale as I'm itching to get into something with a flat six motor, something I've wanted to do for a while and now seems the time to do it before I have to be sensible.

Please get in touch if you are - or know anyone that may be - interested. Happy to sell in standard form if I have buyers for the parts, but would rather it go as is.

Cheers, Ollie. ​​​​​​​

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 11:21:46 am »
Long time, no update.  :mad:

The car is staying - toyed with the idea of a 981 Cayman S however prices are holding strong (not a bad thing!) but my budget would see me in a car which I wouldn't 100% be happy with spec wise.

So, the Golf gets some more loving...

Fuel pump fiasco - long story short, bought a "brand new, never fitted" LOBA fuel pump from eBay. Fitted it and it was knackered - pissing fuel everywhere which is of course extremely dangerous. Took it off and upon further inspection there was a hairline crack in the side, and several of the fittings had been butchered. Managed to get my money back through PayPal after opening a claim.

It just so happens that this was the day before I was due to go to R Tech for Stage 2+ map.  Unfortunately I couldn't make it, spoke with R Tech who were very understanding and allowed me to move my booking without losing the deposit.

I have ordered new internals which are currently at R Tech who will fit them for me when I go there. I'm sick of taking my fuel pump on and off and was cheesed off with the LOBA pump so decided to let them do it for me!

Bought a set of 19" OZ Ultraleggera HLT and some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for them to wear:

Oh, and a Kerscher front lip:

Car hasn't been driven in around 2 months, hoping to give it a blast this weekend. Will wait until the car has been mapped (09 May) before I fit the wheels and splitter! Here are some trial fit pictures:

Thanks for looking :happy2:

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 02:52:00 pm »
Stunning  :happy2:

Lovely rims, but I would say that as I have 18s on my MK7. Really suit the car and colour.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2018, 03:57:40 pm »
Great choice of wheel Ollie  :happy2:
cheers
Nige

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:44 pm »
Stunning  :happy2:

Lovely rims, but I would say that as I have 18s on my MK7. Really suit the car and colour.

Thanks for the kind words; originally I was going to have them refurbished in an anthracite but I'll keep them black for a while first. I think it compliments the black/carbon accents around the car.

Great choice of wheel Ollie  :happy2:
cheers
Nige

Cheers Nige - still haven't stopped singing your praises 12 months on  :happy2:

Offline Ollie6R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2018, 11:17:48 am »
Two weeks since my trip to R Tech, the car feels totally different. The torque is sublime and has made the car a LOT more useable. Can't reccomend the guys there enough, very professional and accomodating.

Got the wheels on, four wheel alignment and went for a drive through Brecon Beacons - been ages since I've properly driven it and it felt good!

Now running 19 x 8J OZ Ultraleggera with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' all round:

IMG_5647 by Ollie Dunstall, on Flickr

IMG_5755 by Ollie Dunstall, on Flickr

IMG_5729 by Ollie Dunstall, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!  :happy2:

Offline bobby_fodge

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 38
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2018, 11:25:31 am »
how did you rate the ps4 tyres as I'm considering them myself.