Make a donation

Author Topic: Hallo from Sheffield-ish  (Read 3862 times)

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 7
Hallo from Sheffield-ish
« on: July 11, 2016, 03:21:05 pm »
I thought I'd pop in and say hello :)

Going to be looking for a Mk5 GTI after this month. Need something practical but nice to drive, reasonably priced and tuneable.

Currently drive an RX7 but I need something practical so it'll be going this year after more than 10 years as my only car.

Will be starting to look for cars soon, there's a beautiful white edition 30 in the garage round the corner from me but twice my budget  :sad1:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Hallo from Sheffield-ish
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:42:03 pm »
@probedb can't beat a white ED30 - I changed my candy white GTI to look like one. White and black are the best colours for me (I'm biased on white of course!)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 09:54:27 pm »
Welcome to the site mate. I'm Sheffield-ish too.

Good luck on the hunt. Do your homework, and make sure you post up anything you're not sure about.

It's a good forum this.

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:29:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum, I am in Sheffield too.

Currently driving a Civic Type R but will be returning to Edition 30 ownership again soon.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 10:43:30 pm »

Spend the odd weekend in Rotherham / Sheffield (Brinsworth) Hello form me!

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 10:15:07 am »
Thanks for the welcome folks :) I'll be having a proper look around the forum as well, I've had a read of the PH buying guide for starters. I have to admit I'm partial to white or black as well....having had both colours in cars, they're the worst for dirt :D

Offline wipdesigns

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 12:57:39 pm »
I'm from rotherham, hello! :) - new to forum too, currently drive a honda integra typer dc2 and interested in a MK5 GTi DSG but not sure if it'll feel like a completely different world in comparison to my light bare bones car...

Also does anyone know why i cannot contact anyone privately or via the for sale section, i'm interested in a car that someone has up but cannot message them :(

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 06:14:17 pm »
I'm from rotherham, hello! :) - new to forum too, currently drive a honda integra typer dc2 and interested in a MK5 GTi DSG but not sure if it'll feel like a completely different world in comparison to my light bare bones car...

Also does anyone know why i cannot contact anyone privately or via the for sale section, i'm interested in a car that someone has up but cannot message them :(

You need more posts.
Not sure how many?
Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-
E-Tuners 361 BHP - 350lbs
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
RNS510 with Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Heated Buckets
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 07:17:00 pm »

It'll definitely feel different. But with much more potential for power.

Mate of mine's brother has a DC5, apparently 260bhp. Had lots of work. In the Worksop area, so you might know the car?

Not had the chance to show him the back end of a Stage 2 GTI with 345lb/ft of torque yet..

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 09:35:28 pm »

Owned 2 x Integra DC2's and 2 x MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30's. Chalk and Cheese and not really comparable, Both excellent cars though but for very different reasons.

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 08:45:58 am »
Cheers again folks, still need to look around the forum and have a proper look at what to check for when buying :) There seem to be a few decent examples around in my price range and older/higher miles have never put me off....my current car is at 22 years and 160k miles :)

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 10:12:21 am »
Cheers again folks, still need to look around the forum and have a proper look at what to check for when buying :) There seem to be a few decent examples around in my price range and older/higher miles have never put me off....my current car is at 22 years and 160k miles :)

So its an Early 95 spec JDM model then? Have you had it a long time?

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:33 am »

So its an Early 95 spec JDM model then? Have you had it a long time?

Yep, 11 years now I think, it's a 94 :) Don't drive to work and didn't particularly need it for much other than the odd weekend drive. But now I'm doing a lot more miles and they're much shorter journeys and unfortunately I can't afford to keep a second car, plus I want to save for a house now.

Offline wipdesigns

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »
Sorry to thread hijack!

I've got the JDM 98 Spec Integra:
http://www.wipdesigns.com/portfolio-posts/my-jdm-98-spec-dc2-integra-typer/

I'm just curious about the whole, nicer more modern car with lots of power throughout the range, and the whole DSG thing has given me a huge itch that i really want to scratch (if there is anyone local to sheffield wouldn't mind showing me what it's all about that'd be grand!)

I love my current car and have had it going on 4 years, it communicates every little thing through the car, steering wheel, seats and peddles but it's not that plush, in fact the most advanced thing in the car is the electric windows lol

Offline probedb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 12:32:11 pm »
Just an update....I now have a 2005 Mk5 GTI :) Bought it from Boosht on here. Loving it :)