Make a donation

Author Topic: DTUK Remap  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
DTUK Remap
« on: July 16, 2016, 07:25:05 am »
Morning.

Has anybody on here had the DTUK Remap for the GTD? I'm thinking of ordering it this week but I can't seem to find a dyno graph for it and I'm really wanting something with more power but in a smooth, deliverable manner. Not something that's just gonna spin the wheels instantly.

Thanks, Chris

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: DTUK Remap
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 09:28:34 pm »
Is it a remap or a tuning box?
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 11:29:17 am »
@Boothy @GrayMK5GTI It's a tuning box in real terms, indeed.

Not a customisable map like perhaps you want, given your requirements Boothy. The Pedal box might help you meter the power a bit better but even then, 500 torques through the front wheels with just an electronic diff probably still gives a traction-free experience when pressing hard  :wink:

A drop and some Michelin PSS helped my front end traction as I'm just short of 230ps/480nm on my 2.0 TDI, but you still won't get the seamless pullaway if you plant it in first gear regardless of map, naturally.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »
Cheers. I think I'm just gonna go for it one of their tuning boxes. Spoke to them yesterday and had a look at the dyno graph for the new CRD3 system which makes it a bit smoother on power delivery.
 Obviously the added power is gonna spin the front wheels. I just don't want to fart on the loud pedal and it be an instant, unusable whomp of boost.
 I can always sell it back on if I hate it and apparently there is a choice of three maps on it anyway. One of them should be suitable.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »
Cheers. I think I'm just gonna go for it one of their tuning boxes. Spoke to them yesterday and had a look at the dyno graph for the new CRD3 system which makes it a bit smoother on power delivery.
 Obviously the added power is gonna spin the front wheels. I just don't want to fart on the loud pedal and it be an instant, unusable whomp of boost.
 I can always sell it back on if I hate it and apparently there is a choice of three maps on it anyway. One of them should be suitable.

There'll always be a bit of turbo lag depending on gearing and driving habbits, but the pedal box may well go some way to sorting that out. You might redeem it's value a bit more on a manual perhaps over the DSG, particularly if you get the DSG mapped (not sure what you've got) which I would personally do if you were mapping the engine. Dunno how DSG maps work with tuning boxes though, sorry chap.

Yeah you should find a compromise with the different options - people reckonned' they roaded around 240ps and nearly 500nm with the DTUK setup, so it should 'feel' a good 35% more power, for sure.

I'd personally go Revo or something more VAG TDI specific, but up to you of course  :happy2:

Get some Pilot Super Sports anyway, just cause they're awesome and will help out of corners over stock tyres  :rolleye:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Bigjimknickers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 05:07:18 pm »
I had a Nissan navara, over on that forum DTUK was the No1 tuning box, lots of after sales help too. (Unless its second hand!)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:19 pm »
Decided there was too much ambiguity with the DTUK box. Always had a full remap before so that's what I've  gone for this time too.
 Read the reviews on all the major players and decided on Carbon Chip Tuning. Picking up the Uflash device tomorrow so by this time tomorrow it should all be up and running  :driver:

Offline toplad

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 01:18:05 pm »
I looked in to them, what was the outcome