Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 worth the extra? Can someone look over this 1?  (Read 6171 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Edition 30 worth the extra? Can someone look over this 1?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 11:32:25 pm »
Is the edition 30 worth the extra money? If I was to get a gti standard I would colour code the bumper anyway so maybe it might be better for me to get an ed 30, can you get a nice one for 6.5k or is that pushing it? I could possibly get to 7k I think at a stretch

Yes the Eddy is worth the extra. Aside from the exterior and interior aesthetic differences there's the K04 turbo which easily sees 300bhp from a stand alone stage 1 map and 360+ from Stage 2+.

Read through a load of build threads on here and it'll give you a resonable idea what peeps do, what they mod, parts used blah blah blah. Lots of peeps colur their standard GTIs....check out @jedi-knight83 car in the For Sale section, great example of a standard GTI with all the extras.

EDIT: Just noticed there's an Eddy in there for £6,900......feck they are getting cheap.  :laugh:

I think I might try finance the rest for a mk6 I have 6k towards it. Would you take a nice mk6 over a mk5?

A Mk6 GTI over a Mk5 Eddy.....never. A Mk6 R over a Mk5 Eddy.....every day BUT alas we are way outside your current budget. If you can get yourself in an Eddy, do that.

Happy hunting  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline afctom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 08:20:27 am »
^^^^ Looks ok (for a Mk6 GTI).  :happy2:

.....and you're not modding it??

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline djnibz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 08:31:51 am »
^^^^ Looks ok (for a Mk6 GTI).  :happy2:

.....and you're not modding it??

Hahaha!

I may do a few things it depends what I end up with. If it's a nice eddy I wouldn't have to do much maybe a cheeky remap and I see some nice led tail lights in another thread they look awesome.

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »
Yes, I think they're worth the extra money. Mk5 Gti's are getting quite cheap now (in fact I'd quite like one to alternate with the ED30...) - ED30's are slowly being dragged down, but still command a premium. Remember, the engine is practically a detuned S3 engine.

The one you've posted looks a decent price. There's no options on that car by the looks of it, so you could easily add an armrest, cruise control, RNS, even highline computer (if you want to later on...). The wheels look good - no signs of kerbing (maybe been recently refurbished), centre caps look new (no corrosion), but the only negative (other than the dangling air-freshner) is the flaky rear caliper on the drivers side.

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline djnibz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 08:44:41 pm »
Yes, I think they're worth the extra money. Mk5 Gti's are getting quite cheap now (in fact I'd quite like one to alternate with the ED30...) - ED30's are slowly being dragged down, but still command a premium. Remember, the engine is practically a detuned S3 engine.

The one you've posted looks a decent price. There's no options on that car by the looks of it, so you could easily add an armrest, cruise control, RNS, even highline computer (if you want to later on...). The wheels look good - no signs of kerbing (maybe been recently refurbished), centre caps look new (no corrosion), but the only negative (other than the dangling air-freshner) is the flaky rear caliper on the drivers side.

Thanks, how about this one? I really like the look but never drove an auto before, is dsg easy to use or would it take some getting used to?

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 09:39:14 pm »

Thanks, how about this one? I really like the look but never drove an auto before, is dsg easy to use or would it take some getting used to?

link?
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline djnibz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 09:49:03 pm »

link?
http://www.dsctrading.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen-golf-2-0-tfsi-gti-edition-30-dsg-5dr-mansfield-201605113831928

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 09:53:12 pm »

link?
http://www.dsctrading.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen-golf-2-0-tfsi-gti-edition-30-dsg-5dr-mansfield-201605113831928

Tyre condition poor! At least they're honest!
Interior condition isn't the best. Certainly some scope for haggling if you wanted it.
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline djnibz

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 11:10:29 pm »

link?

Tyre condition poor! At least they're honest!
Interior condition isn't the best. Certainly some scope for haggling if you wanted it.

Black manual for same price at same garage but is the mileage a problem?

http://www.dsctrading.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen-golf-2-0-tfsi-gti-edition-30-5dr-mansfield-201601150108141

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Edition 30 worth the extra? Can someone look over this 1?
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 05:54:43 pm »
ED30 all day long pal ! MK5 still the best of the GTI shape IMHO but I'm biased as I love my Eddy. The smile it puts on ur face is priceless as I'm sure the other guys will agree but everything is personal taste. Test drive a GTI, ED30, R32 and MK6 but I'm sure ul end up in an Eddy. Plus there's only so many so nice to be in the club. Happy hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk