Make a donation

Author Topic: SurreyED30's 2nd Edition 30 #SOLD!  (Read 54912 times)

Offline SurreyED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
Re: SurreyED30's 2nd Edition 30
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2017, 09:06:27 am »
Morning all

I had to replace the N/S rear brake disc dust shield this weekend as it started to rub against the disc just like the O/S did 6 weeks ago. I’m glad I picked up both sides at the time so I was able to fit it Saturday morning without waiting for parts to come in to my local TPS.

This time round it only took just over an hour as I had figured out the easy way of doing it from the last time, however this time I removed the lower bolt from the damper to get the ratchet in at a better angle and I also used a scaffold pole for breaking the wheel bearing bolt rather than jumping on a bar like I did last time. Freed the bolt first attempt so was very pleased and saved a lot of time.

I also removed the GTI badge from the boot and replaced it with a MK6 one as it looks better with the edition30 badge  :smiley:

caliper removed

Everything removed  :innocent:

Damaged shield vs new shield

All back together  :happy2:

I have done a lot of thinking with regards to sell or keep the golf and i have decided that i am going to part with it, I will be putting it up for sale in the next weeks. if you know anyone who is looking for a low mileage Tornado red 3 door edition 30 let me know  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:04:42 pm by SurreyED30 »
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2017, 01:44:47 pm »
How comes selling mate? Plans, replacement?

Si

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:13 pm »
How comes selling mate? Plans, replacement?

Si
Hey man

im doing 30 miles a day for work and now i have the house i never get time to enjoy the car, ive probably had 3 fun Sunday morning drives in the 9 months ive had it. Now Natalie is working in Florida 4 weeks on 1 week off between feb-july im using her car for my daily commuting, So its basically sat on the drive doing nothing. I could do with recouping some money back now as we done our figures and in the last 12 months, the house purchase deposit/refurbishment/driveway/Golf purchase has cost us just over £67k! were currently doing our back garden/decking/landscape main feature so that's more money gone. If im not using the golf i might as well sell it to get some money back in the bank because after the gardens done were fairly low on funds which isn't a nice feeling.

To be honest its just a car to me in all honesty, I dont have the same craving for modifying and serious obsession i had with my last one and also I would like a coupe now as I've only ever had hatchbacks in the 8 years ive been driving. trying to convince my mum to give me her car for free  :grin:

I'm in no rush to sell it so it wont go to "offers" for a while, ill hold on to my price.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:56:26 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
Re: SurreyED30's 2nd Edition 30 - For Sale
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2017, 02:59:09 pm »
Gave the golf it's first clean for a while today, came up lovely. I also done a few little jobs that I've been meaning to do for a while now.

I removed the wrap that was on the lower rear bumper to leave the textured black oem look. I didn't like the wrap because it had a full patch that always caught my eye. I'm much happier with the oem look of it now :happy2:

I also removed and refurbished my rear badge, it isn't oem looking but a better look than the chipped black and terrible carbon inlays that was there before. It's a anthracite backing plate and a silver vw badge, both were done by rattle can so not a perfect finish but I'm happy with the results.

I replaced the chrome GTI boot badge for a nice mk6 red inlay item, suits the boot better with the edition30 badge that is the same design.

I also gave the exhaust tips another hit with some wire wool and autosol, came up nice but again there is some small stained bits which aren't noticeable unless you look up close but it's enough for me to be slightly bothered by as of course I'd love perfect clean tips.

Very pleased overall with a what a days work can do (I did the badge over a week to ensure the paint/lacquer had hardened)

Jake
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:24:42 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »
Looking good pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2017, 08:46:40 pm »
Thanks mate :happy2:

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2017, 08:42:35 pm »
I gave my car a much deserved clean today, I don't think I've washed the car for 6 weeks at least !

Some of you may have seen the car on eBay this week? Well today I was let down by the numpty buyer :slap: cheers bro your a real asswipe :laugh:

Few up to date pics of the car with some interior pictures and also of the damaged front lip

All comments welcome as always :drinking:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 08:55:47 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2017, 09:31:16 am »
Looking sharp
That is one shiny steering wheel tho. Get a magic eraser sponge on that bit of water and will bring it back to Matt in minutes

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2017, 01:30:34 pm »
I know mate I normally use meguiars apc and a low pile microfibre towel but I couldn't be bothered yesterday lol by the time I'd packed away it was " dinners nearly cold " so I'll do it next time. I'll need to redo the tyre shine and also the engine bay needs a quick wipe down next time too! It was nice to get 3-4 hours spare to wash the car for a change, I did actually enjoy getting stuck in to a good clean again, haven't done for months now
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:32:20 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:16 pm »
I know James very well he's a good friend. Top garage and he deals with loads of tuned tfsi stuff and he knows it all very well!  :happy2:
Burbs do you know how much hour rate is for vrs is james the boss
thanks in advance pete

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2017, 04:45:28 pm »
It is James's business, I'm sure his rates are on his website.

Probably worth calling him for a better idea on costs and labour for the work you want done

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2017, 06:17:46 pm »
My eddy passed her MOT today  :pomppomp:

It also had a full aircon service with a pressure sensor replacement as the old one was  leaking, everything is  working now and I have lovely ice cold aircon again  :smiley:

Hopefully someone will view and take her away soon and give them the same amount of enjoyment this car has given me  :happy2:

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:09 pm »
Hi all

I haven't done anything with the golf in all honesty other than clean it.

However I carried out a detail on a 2013 Ford Focus this weekend so thought I would share it with you all for something for you to look at whilst your bored at work or later on when the other half is watching soaps  :P

The car was in bad shape with bad swirl marks, scratches, a few repainted panels and some dodge paint touch ups. Wasn’t ideal working in the direct sunlight but I done the panels in the shade then moved the car under some tress for more shade, I didn’t have to wait long for the exposed panels to cool down in honestly so it wasn’t a huge pain.

I didn't take a million pictures of every mark on the car or every step of the way because I only had phone and I was pushed for time/day light but I do wish I took some of the key scratch marks around the driver’s door handle and the top of the rear bumper as it was around 90% corrected which I was mega chuffed with but never mind I'll get another bad shape car again.

Few starting pictures

d by jake braham, on Flickr
f by jake braham, on Flickr
a by jake braham, on Flickr
g by jake braham, on Flickr
h by jake braham, on Flickr
s by jake braham, on Flickr
j by jake braham, on Flickr

Started the day with the usual 6:1 citrus pre wash soaking for a about 5-10 minutes then a thick coat of snow foam. Whilst the foam done its thing I went round all the small gaps and crevasses on the car with meguiars APC 8:1 and a soft detailing brush. I cleaned the wheels with normal wash solution as they were refurbished in April so didn’t feel the need to go all out on them. Cleaned the tyres and wheel arches with a stiff brush and Meguiars APC and degreaser. I jetted off the foam and then washed the car with the 2 bucket method and meguiars hyper wash with 2 wash mitts. Probably shouldn't have bothered with the 2 bucket jobs as I was correcting the paint anyway but it's just habit n all.

unnamed (9) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (18) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (10) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (11) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (12) by jake braham, on Flickr unnamed (13) by jake braham, on Flickr

I jetted the car down thoroughly and then went round the whole car with meguiars last touch diluted at 1:1 and carpro medium yellow clay bar. I done the glass and all the paintwork and it was quite contaminated as you can see. I sprayed the car with Gyeon Iron and Tar before re foaming the car and thoroughly jetting it down once more

unnamed (14) by jake braham, on Flickr

The next step is by the worst for me which is taping the car up so I don't get any residues from compounding into the rubber and plastic trims, hate this job but saves a lot of cleaning up afterwards.

unnamed (15) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (16) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (17) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (29) by jake braham, on Flickr

I tried a few compounds and pads and settled with lake country hydro tech blue pad and meguiars 105 for cutting and followed up with lake country orange pad and meguiars 205 for polishing, all done with a Rupes lhr15es mk 2. After this was done I foamed the car to remove the dust, air dried/towel dried the car then wiped down with IPA. I was happy enough with the results so didn't bother with any glazes and called it a day for correction there.

Few during correction shots, 50/50’s

unnamed (20) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (19) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (22) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (23) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (24) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (27) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (28) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (26) by jake braham, on Flickr

Fancy edit one

unnamed (25) by jake braham, on Flickr

Before I packed away for the night  I  cracked on with applying my favourite sealant, menzerna power lock ! via a chemical guys red hexlogic pad. I left this for about an hour before buffing it off to lovely finish and tucking the car away in the car port for the night.

Power lock is in all honesty the best sealant I have used and a few friends now also use this after they've seen my work with it. I followed this up the next morning with 2 thin layers of collinite 476 wax :P best sealant/wax combo for me at the moment I have no issues with its durability or visual appearance. while the wax was curing I cleaned all the trim and coated it with poor boys natural look dressing, buffed to a nice finish and I sealed the glass with chemical guys jet seal 109 on all the glass apart from the windscreen and treated the windscreen to 3 coats of rain x. Quickly hoovered the interior and wiped the plastics etc. down with a week meguiars apc dilution.

After the sealant was removed, bad iphone pictures but over cast weather so can’t do much about it

unnamed (8) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (1) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (2) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (3) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (5) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (6) by jake braham, on Flickr
unnamed (7) by jake braham, on Flickr

Unfortunately I have no pictures after the first day/the removal of the powerlock sealant but the weather was overcast anyway and also I was more looking forward to sitting in the garden with beers Sunday afternoon than taking more pictures, my back and knees were knackered after a mammoth 21 hour’s work but well worth it in the end and a very happy lady focus owner.

I'll upload when next detail whenever it happens :)

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2017, 09:36:45 am »
Great little read and awesome work as usual

Offline Mike58

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »
Wow. Good work on the focus. I really like the ed30 and wouldn't mind having a look at it at some point if you're still set on selling. I'm pretty new on here but haven't enough posts to post on your advert. Also I need to have a good look through your build thread! I'm over in Kent and have used James in the past too :happy2: