Make a donation

Author Topic: SurreyED30's 2nd Edition 30 #SOLD!  (Read 54839 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: SurreyED30's 2nd Edition 30
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2016, 08:55:47 am »
Yeap you're car will definitely spontaneously combust without a CAI....you've been warned  :wink:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2016, 10:41:35 am »
I'm not saying it's a bad intake, I just noticed more torque in the lower revs when I switched from the VW Racing intake to my oversized RamAir kit. It's pretty much a personal thing like with most mods, I also prefer the look and sound of an open filter type intake that sits in the gap in front of the battery. Fill the engine bay more...

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2017, 02:05:31 pm »
Hi all

happy new year  :pomppomp:

Not an exciting update, yet...

I ordered some more detailing goodies so that i can finally detail my eddy this weekend. I had ran quite low on some essential bits so i needed to replace them before i could detail my own car. (its in dieing need as ive washed the car 3 times since August  :sad1:)

I will be spending all day Saturday and Sunday getting my eddy lookings it best, As i am girlfriend free from Thursday night till Sunday evening, perfect time to detail  :party: ! actually looking forward to getting all my gear out and hitting the car  :jumping:

I have always wanted to try the Menzerna power lock sealant and collinite combo after watching many of obsessed garages videos on Youtube, hopefully it works just as well for me as it does for him  :smiley:

I will update this thread on sunday evening/monday morning with the detail pictures, warning! it will be a long post!  :drinking:

I will have my spacers for sale after this weekend if any one wants them

Jake  :happy2:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:18:40 pm by SurreyED30 »
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2017, 10:27:37 pm »
Hi all

I ordered some more detailing goodies so that i can finally detail my eddy this weekend. I had ran quite low on some essential bits so i needed to replace them before i could detail my own car. (its in dieing need as ive washed the car 3 times since August  :sad1:)

I will be spending all day Saturday and Sunday getting my eddy lookings it best, As i am girlfriend free from Thursday night till Sunday evening, perfect time to detail  :party: ! actually looking forward to getting all my gear out and hitting the car  :jumping:

I have always wanted to try the Menzerna power lock sealant and collinite combo after watching many of obsessed garages videos on Youtube, hopefully it works just as well for me as it does for him  :smiley:

I will update this thread on sunday evening/monday morning with the detail pictures, warning! it will be a long post!  :drinking:

will you do mine :innocent:

Offline Trunkstuff

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2017, 11:57:24 pm »
Car is looking great mate :) I'm back in an ED30 now after about 2 years off!

Mine needs alot of work but thats part of the fun I guess!

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2017, 02:35:37 pm »
will you do mine :innocent:

when its warmer outside :grin:

Car is looking great mate :) I'm back in an ED30 now after about 2 years off!

Mine needs alot of work but thats part of the fun I guess!

I hated being away from an edition 30 for 2 years, so happy to have another one :happy2:

mechanical work or interior/exterior ?

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2017, 04:18:53 pm »
Nice collection buddy.

Looking forward to pics  :happy2:

Si

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2017, 05:28:06 pm »
Nice collection buddy.

Looking forward to pics  :happy2:

Si
Thanks mate, I don't think my Collection would fit in one photo

It's your fault I'm in to detailing anyway ! You've cost me lots of money :grin:  :grin:

redsportt

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2017, 07:49:58 pm »
If you think menzerna and collinite are good, should try Rupes, poorboys black hole and waxaddict wax

Offline bad devotions

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2017, 08:37:56 am »
Hi all

Have you got any recommendations for YouTube videos on detailing? I could do with starting simple and building up my knowledge and experience that way. I'd love to be able to achieve great results!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2017, 10:00:56 am »
Hi all

Have you got any recommendations for YouTube videos on detailing? I could do with starting simple and building up my knowledge and experience that way. I'd love to be able to achieve great results!

There's plenty of channels for detailing, if your after tips then Mike Phillips (ex Meguiars) has a great amount of videos when hes doing product reviews etc

I personally watch Obsessed garage and also Ammo NYC channels. Not necessarily for learning but just generally because i like there videos and ideas, There videos are quite lengthy but a good watch :happy2:

If you have a good tolerance for irritating voices watch Car cleaning Guru, I dont really enjoy his videos to be honest!

Chemical Guys are in my opinion a bunch of helmets! they seem to just slightly tweak and existing product and call it "brand new, next best thing blah blah blah" and the guys personality and voice make me angry :grin:.... I do use Jet seal 109 on my glass though :ashamed:

In all honest you really teach yourself how to detail, once youve done a few cars you get to know what works and what doesn't. Arm speed, pressure and all them factors is also down to the individual and the job in hand . There's no rule that a inch per second with 10lbs of pressure will correct every single car. Trial and error is the best way to learn to be honest. Use what products, pads, towels work best for you on your car, reading something online doesn't mean that pad and product will correct your own car.

Its a very addictive hobby and will take a nice chunk out of your pocket too! but the finish is rewarding when youve completed a detail.

Jedi-Knight83 is a pro-detailer on here, he might help you with some questions you may have too :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:07:20 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline bad devotions

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2017, 02:18:53 pm »
Cheers dude. I've got some bits and bobs; Poorboy's black hole, some microfibre cloths and things so like you say maybe it's just trial and error. I'll YouTube some of your suggestions for any tips whilst the missus watches crap on the telly :D

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2017, 02:29:20 pm »
Cheers dude. I've got some bits and bobs; Poorboy's black hole, some microfibre cloths and things so like you say maybe it's just trial and error. I'll YouTube some of your suggestions for any tips whilst the missus watches crap on the telly :D

the Poorboys BH is quite a good product, Ive currently got it on my car under a few layers of poorboy paste wax  to tie me over till this weekend

That's what i do most evenings, in fact i'd rather watch a chemical guys video than watch emmerdale or strictly factor ice dancing in the jungle or what ever the sh*t is that she watches! :grin: if its on the tele and has no purpose my missus will watch it for sure  :rolleye:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:32:26 pm by SurreyED30 »

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
SurreyED30's 2nd Edition 30
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2017, 03:37:04 pm »
Looking forward to seeing your pics after the detailing mate, was always impressed with the results you used to get on your type r after hitting it with the DA so I'm sure the golf will be as good!

Have you used the Gyeon stuff before? heard good things about there stuff. And what's the citrus pre wash like out of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trunkstuff

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2017, 04:47:10 pm »
Mine needs a new manifold which garage I purchased from are sorting out. Also having front wings replaced by VW soon, Bloody rust issue.

As for detailing chanels have a look at Forensic Detailing Channel. He has the obbsessive behaviour I think alot of us into detailing have!