As you know I wanted to detail my edition 30 this weekend, here is a short write up with lots of pictures. I didn’t manage to do the interior like I wanted to and I also didn’t get to do the underneath, arches, suspension etc due to daylight hours and with rainy patches during the weekend!
I will get the car up on stands around March time when there’s a little more light hours and also (hopefully) dryer weather!
The car doesn’t seem to be too dirty in these photos mainly because it’s a sh*te iPhone taking the pictures and also because it rained the night before so muck isn’t dry which makes the car look grey lol I also washed the car a few weeks before Christmas and I’ve hardly drove the car.
I started the day with the engine bay, isnt a 100% effort job due to time but will do until the summer
After (before dressing)
Onto the rest
You’ll notice there’s no spacers and the the original centre caps and wheel bolts/lockers are back on
So as usual I started with the wheels, I used bilberry wheel cleaner mixed at 1:5 and also wheel woollies, old wash mitt for the faces and wheel arches and also normal paint shampoo
Wheels were then rinsed and I moved onto the prewash stages of the detail, starting with Citrus prewash via pump spray mixed at 1:6 left to dwell for 5 minutes while I agitated the close and awkward areas with a soft brush
I jet washed the car down to remove the pre wash and also as much loose/soft muck as I could.
It was now time to foam the beauty up, product of choice was valet pro Ph neutral snow foam, again I mixed this quite strong at 1:2 and let it sit for about 10 minutes as the weather was cold
I rinsed the car off briefly ad gave her a well deserved wash! I use my usually dodojuice Purple born to be mild shampoo along with 2 lambs wool wash mitts, 1 for the top half of the car and the other for the lower half areas.
I didn’t take many pictures as I got fed up with dropping my phone and also covering it suds etc
It was time for a cuppa and then onto the decontamination stages of the detail, Gyeon iron and tar applies and left for 5 minutes each before being jet washed off. I then clayed the car using a weak quick detailer and water mix.
I thought I had no clay and ended up with 3 lots, just in different bags/containers in my shed! Bugger all came off anyway so happy days
I refoamed the car and washed it quickly before drying it off ready for some correction
Meguiars microfiber cutting pad with 3M yellow extra fine polish was the best combo for me, I use IPA to check my work after every panel before moving on.
I couldn’t capture any 50/50 on the paint as there was no sun and also I had no torch. The swirling was so light and mainly on the lower half of the car were its had a rough wash at some point.
I did add a lot of gloss to the paint though! I rinsed the car to remove dust from the tight gaps and the scuttle area and was left with lovely beading paintwork
before I applied the LSP I wiped car down again with IPA and also dressed the plastics and rubber areas inc the tyres. ( I normally do this will the wax is curing but the toilet was calling! ) I also quickly hoovered out the interior. I didn’t get time to detail the interior due to light but I will do it this month !
My finishing products were Menzerna power lock sealant and Collinite 476s double coat wax.
I applied the Power Lock via DA with a black menzerna finishing pad and speed 2, I done a few passes to work the sealant into the paint and left it to haze over. I had applied the collinite with a foam applicator pad following the contours of the panels. As always the last step products were applied evenly and thin layers for a perfect finish and easy on and off use.
Wax curing not that you can tell!
Finished results after the Collinite was applied/removed from the paintwork, glass and wheels
(exhaust tips were done last!)
The wheels, new centre caps, tyres and wheel bolt covers
The whole car
At work this morning the sunrise looked great on the car but my iPhone takes a sh*t picture so doesn’t do any of these justice!
all comment welcomed as usual