Make a donation

Author Topic: The EU vote,  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 60
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: Golf GT TDI 57reg
Re: The EU vote,
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 01:39:39 pm »
If we were not in the EU would we have wanted to join it ? I think if you look at it this way makes the vote out seem the only way to vote. The EU has been failing for many years at vast expense to all those in it.
.  Another first class post

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 01:42:38 pm »
we are leaving it would be better for everyone if we do it together

So I suppose we should always just lie back and accept things that happen to us, even if we don't agree with them?

nothing to do with lying back and excepting it

we had a vote and the remain camp lost that's what makes this country so great

its called democracy

would you rather live in a country that every time a vote don't go the government's way they cheat/scam and lie till it does

politics and religion two biggest things people argue and fight over and tbh two things i really don't care about we all have our views and and everyone's is different that's why we have a majority vote wins system its very fare

If one felt strongly about leaving the EU and the vote went the other way, would people still be shouting sour grapes if they continued to campaign to leave? No so why do remain voters not get the same courtesy to express their opinions and object to a decision that they see as being detrimental to the whole country?

Going back on topic in regards to Scotland, they voted to remain by a far bigger margin than the whole of the UK voted to leave. Being from a region that also had a remain majority I understand their frustrations and though I would much rather our United Kingdom remained united, they are entitled to have their voice heard. That is what living in a free country means.
. Well written mate 100% agree

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 01:48:20 pm »
There are good things with being in the EU and also bad things, To be honest with you all I voted to leave mainly because I don't agree people sat round a table in a different country should tell us what we can & can not do,

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 10:36:44 pm »
Right, here's a challenge for those posters who say it's 'sour grapes'  from the 'remain' voters.....

I would like each of you 'exiters' that have posted so far to come up with 6, yes just half a dozen, real examples each, of rules or regulations that the EU has imposed upon the UK (telling us what to do!), that the UK would not have wanted to implement of its own accord. That shouldn't be difficult for you..... Straight off, because you all know your facts, no internet research, six examples, straight off from each of you. Starter for 10, as they say......

Looking forward to your responses. By my reckoning, that should be at least  18 specific different examples posted here without delay :thinking: :scared: :surprised:

Don't delay.....do it today..... :wink:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:51:38 pm by Juliand »

Offline DANBOY66

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 07:14:37 am »
way too much politics for me i am out  :smiley:
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:05 am »
Right, here's a challenge for those posters who say it's 'sour grapes'  from the 'remain' voters.....

I would like each of you 'exiters' that have posted so far to come up with 6, yes just half a dozen, real examples each, of rules or regulations that the EU has imposed upon the UK (telling us what to do!), that the UK would not have wanted to implement of its own accord. That shouldn't be difficult for you..... Straight off, because you all know your facts, no internet research, six examples, straight off from each of you. Starter for 10, as they say......

Looking forward to your responses. By my reckoning, that should be at least  18 specific different examples posted here without delay :thinking: :scared: :surprised:

And the remainers post 6 reasons to stay in ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:30 am »

And the remainers post 6 reasons to stay in ?

Arhhh,  a very predictable deflecting tactic.....! Remember, it was straight off - no research. Giving six real examples - and then asking for six reasons to stay would have had some credibility.

Anyone else?  :wink:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:12:22 am by Juliand »

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 11:31:23 pm »
Oh, what a surprise - not!

Over 24 hours on......... and not a bean of any substance from anyone.

Soundbites; off the cuff remarks; stuff repeated that's been overheard from mates in the pub etc, all posted previously, but absolutely no hard evidence brought forward, or anything to back up the causal, cheap shot, uninformed remarks.

Ok, so having failed to come up with anything straight off, even though there are vocal 'experts' on here who really know their facts and spout off about 'sour grapes', and 'excellent posts', etc,  how about doing the research, and coming up with six items that the the EU has pushed through, without the UK having any involvement in the decision making process for any of those six items???? Is that easier?  :wink:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 12:33:06 pm »
Sour Grapes ? :evilgrin:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 03:21:49 pm »

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 04:30:16 pm »
There were many reasons to remain & many reasons to leave That's why the UK had a Free vote on it,,

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 04:34:41 pm »
Except the irony is that we're now left with an unelected Prime Minister because of it all.

Democracy ey?

When did you, or any of us, get to vote for any Prime Minister?
Right or wrong - that's not the way it works AFAIK?

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 04:39:05 pm »

If you want a few examples of what the EU as told us what to do,,, Just ask the farmers & fishermen of the UK,  They will give you a lot more than the 5 or 6 answers you require

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 04:40:45 pm »
Except the irony is that we're now left with an unelected Prime Minister because of it all.

Democracy ey?

When did you, or any of us, get to vote for any Prime Minister?
Right or wrong - that's not the way it works AFAIK?
I agree my friend,

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »

If you want a few examples of what the EU as told us what to do,,, Just ask the farmers & fishermen of the UK,  They will give you a lot more than the 5 or 6 answers you require

You miss the critical point... There are many examples, but it's wrong to say these are imposed by people round a table from another country......The UK has had an input / involvement and a vote on these decisions, through MEP's etc and representation. I have asked for examples where the Uk has not been involved in the EU decision making processes, and no surprise, no one has been able to  provide any such examples - There's this huge misconception that the EU decisions  are imposed upon the UK, without any UK input.

What I have done is to ask for the evidence - none provided.....

If you think that the financial support provided by the EU to UK farming etc will be replaced by direct UK funding, then I think you are deluding yourself - just look at all the cutbacks - the  bulk of money the Uk pays to the EU will just be absorbed into savings on the public purse
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:13:30 pm by Juliand »