Make a donation

Author Topic: PCV and diverted valve part numbers for a 55 reg gti  (Read 3234 times)

Offline chrissouthern10

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
  • My Ride: Golf GTI MK5 Grey 2006
PCV and diverted valve part numbers for a 55 reg gti
« on: August 23, 2016, 03:40:09 pm »
Just called parts at VW. They said they cannot give any part numbers out because they have been sued in the past.... Not very helpful at all. My car in idle and warmed up is slightly revving when in traffic. I believe though reading through the forums it's the PCV issue. While I'm changing this I am going to replace the Diverter valve also. I'm sure when it was plugged into the diagnostics it said boost pressure on the codes so worth changing. Please could you advise on which revisions and part number for both parts. I seem to be reading loads of different ones and getting no where! Much appreciated. Chris

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: PCV and diverted valve part numbers for a 55 reg gti
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:31:36 pm »
Revision G diverter valve 06F145710G

Revision R PCV 06F129101R

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:08:28 pm »
So I'm looking to do some maintenance on my GTI too. PCV, diverter valve and fuel pump cam follower.

After much reading, it seems that when installing a new PCV on older cars you also need to replace the rear breather pipe to one with an included check valve. There is also a gasket to be used in the connection of the pipe to the turbo as well as a gasket for the attachment of the PCV to the valve cover. So I plan to order the following:

PCV - 06F 129 101 R
PCV gasket - 06F 103 483 E
Rear Breather Pipe - 06F 103 215 B
Breather/Turbo Gasket - 06F 145 757 H

Diverter value same part as previous post above. And as said I'll be doing the fuel pump follower and associated fixings described in awesome GTIs part number AWE0003.

All the above is purely what I think is correct based on my research, may turn out to be wrong. Anyone able to confirm or offer better info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:11:18 pm by f00glee »
Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline f00glee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:56:31 pm »
After further reading I found some sources suggesting that there are two main types of PCV. One which requires a checkvalve'd breather, and one which doesnt. Confusingly the revisions of this part seem to have gone from requiring checkvalve - to not - to requiring again and so on.

It seems revisions E, G and P require breather pipe with valve. Revisions N, L, K, F, C and R do not.

sources:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=44709.0
http://shopdap.com/2-0t-fsi-pcv-valve-failure-how-it-sounds-and-more/

The first link shows how the rev G requires the check valve, the second shows the two "types" of PCV. So reading between the lines I think that suggests which types do/do not require the "valved" breather hose.

Based on this i've ordered up all the parts for replacing, minus the breather and breather gasket, just assuming i dont already have a checkvale in my breather pipe (too lazy to check!). If i run into issues ill update here, otherwise all went well!

Current:
Mk6 R, Tornado Red, 5-door, '13.
Previous:
Mk5 GTI, Tornado Red, 3-door, '06, R-tech Stage "1+"

Offline mattyc

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 11:04:35 pm »

Revision G diverter valve - 06F145710G
PCV - 06F 129 101 R
PCV gasket - 06F 103 483 E
Rear Breather Pipe - 06F 103 215 B

@f00glee - are the above part numbers what you ended up ordering an fitting? Just picked up a 55 plate and want to replace PCV and diverter valve among other jobs.

Thanks, Matt