Make a donation

Author Topic: Best diverter valve  (Read 18883 times)

Offline Dazf3110

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Best diverter valve
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:16:53 am »
morning folks, i will be looking to get my Mk5 GTI stage one remapped soon enough and i was just reading a few things on here about upgrading/changing the DV from stock. What would be the best one to replace the stock one with after the remapp?

Many Thanks Daz

Offline DANBOY66

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
Re: Best diverter valve
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 07:32:41 am »
from what i have been reading the new gfb dv+ is the best thing to replace it with

other than that a revision G
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:30:01 am »
I would say OE personally.  :popcornsoda:

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:36:02 am »
Why? Have you tried the GFB DV+ and didn't like it? :confused:

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 12:35:41 pm »
I'll be getting a GFB DV+ with my current rev D solenoid

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 01:55:58 pm »
I have the gfb dv + with rev D and it's brilliant  :jumping:

Offline flashp

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »
I looked at it but decided against it. I was talking with a company who had more experience of this than me and the evidence seemed to suggest it might not do anything more than a serviceable OE part would. It's only a personal opinion and if I were proved wrong by empirical evidence I'd probably go and buy one. On  the face of it they sound like a great product but as is the way with many of these tuning goodies there is a good deal of marketing involved. I've never had any boost issues apart from the usual KO4 compressor surge. It was for this reason that I started looking at these and I also found a YouTube video where this chap in America believed it solved this problem. When I understood more about what causes compressor surge on the KO4 I felt this information was inaccurate so I left it. If it did solve the problem of compressor surge I'd buy one tomorrow but I don't believe that it would. I'd be interested to know for what reasons these are bought and I'd almost be happy to realise that I'm missing out on some tuning goodness but I'm really not sure I am. I'm not saying that it's either c**p or rubbish but more that I remain to be convinced.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:25:09 pm by flashp »

Offline 993BOY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 03:04:05 pm »
Fitted my DV+ just to avoid the split diaphragm issue, since there isn't one, it is a fit and forget mod  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 03:44:22 pm »
And no chance of leaks from it so can rule that out when you do have a boost leak.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 04:11:19 pm »
I looked at it but decided against it. I was talking with a company who had more experience of this than me and the evidence seemed to suggest it might not do anything more than a serviceable OE part would. It's only a personal opinion and if I were proved wrong by empirical evidence I'd probably go and buy one. On  the face of it they sound like a great product but as is the way with many of these tuning goodies there is a good deal of marketing involved. I've never had any boost issues apart from the usual KO4 compressor surge. It was for this reason that I started looking at these and I also found a YouTube video where this chap in America believed it solved this problem. When I understood more about what causes compressor surge on the KO4 I felt this information was inaccurate so I left it. If it did solve the problem of compressor surge I'd buy one tomorrow but I don't believe that it would. I'd be interested to know for what reasons these are bought and I'd almost be happy to realise that I'm missing out on some tuning goodness but I'm really not sure I am. I'm not saying that it's either c**p or rubbish but more that I remain to be convinced.  :happy2:
I replaced my rev G DV for the GFB DV+. The diaphragm of the rev G was intact when I removed it. I can tell you that I can feel a faster boost on WOT and much faster boost response when on partial throttle to WOT.

If you look at the design you'll get why. The DV+ seals as well as any working rev G DV does but due to the piston design it won't rupture with time. The interior springs will make the DV+ close much faster than the rev G DV so the system will lose less air when you apply pressure to the throttle pedal.

I'm happy with the money spent on that part and I think you're indeed missing out. Since it's so easy for you to access the DV, I'd suggest see if you can let someone lend you a DV+ for you to try before buying. Like a test drive with it. :smiley:

Offline flashp

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 06:39:19 pm »
I would actually be genuinely interested  in this but unfortunately I don't know anybody with a GTI, least of all with one of these fitted. 

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »
The forum members speak for the GFB DV+ so no need to try just buy fit and forget.

Offline Dazf3110

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 06:58:32 pm »
Can anyone post a link as to witch one to get? Much appriciated guys!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You