Make a donation

Author Topic: Moving on to a Mk7 R or GTi, need some Lease advice!  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Hryszko

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Moving on to a Mk7 R or GTi, need some Lease advice!
« on: August 26, 2016, 01:00:33 pm »
Hi Guys,

At the moment I currently own a BMW M135i, however I'm in the process of wanting to buy a house in the near future and want to lower my monthly outgoings, particularly on the car.

I have been having a look at some Lease deals and it seems a lot of people get incredibly good deals on the new Golf R's! I currently pay £345 a month for my BMW and I'm wanting to lower that, I went from a MK5 Gti to the 135 so I'm familiar with Golfs, but I'm looking for some advice on Lease deals people are currently in?

Golf R, Golf GTi etc! I would say a GTD but i dont really do a big enough mileage in a year for it to benefit me really.

Thanks guys!

Joe

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Moving on to a Mk7 R or GTi, need some Lease advice!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 10:18:24 am »
The 7R is a great all round car  :happy2:

I've had mine for 9months and still relish the opportunity to take it out for a blast. Driving around normally it's just like any other golf (which some people will find a bit boring), but when you push on it comes alive   :jumping: and becomes an incredibly involving drive.

Fuel economy is great too - better than my ed30, and almost as good as my old K03 GTI.

The golf R is the car that does everything so well, so ideal if you are after an all-rounder daily driver.

I bought mine through a broker (Orange Wheels), but there are some reasonable lease deals around these days. Checkout R-OC forum for th latest deals
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline grant845

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Moving on to a Mk7 R or GTi, need some Lease advice!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »
Try stable vehicle contracts, I've got an R estate on order with them. Their offers are about £300 pm or less for Golf R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:49:21 pm »
My input, for what it's worth...If you're paying £350 lease cost, I wouldn't be surprised if you're paying tax on that too, at about £150 per month..... Even if not, that's a wedge you could be paying off on a mortgage. My old head on...... Boring, but sensible....Forget the image - get the finance head on... :thinking: :wink:

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 08:42:05 am »
Lease advice...

I'm with the "mortgage first" school...
But my daughter is now in to her second rental, sorry LEASE, despite having lost all her "equity" on a Fiat 500 deal.
The bl00y thing was as new too, 8k/year on a 10k deal.

If you must lease, particulalry these toe-rag attracting cars, then you really should read some of the comments/advice on this forum, under the MK7 general section.
There are some real horror stories.