Make a donation

Author Topic: Josh's Edition 35 - Stage 2  (Read 23831 times)

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Josh's Edition 35
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 05:40:06 pm »
Nice looking car. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
On the Relentless 3.5" dp. Is it one of the originals or the revised revision? I have one of the early ones fitted and was told that you should fit a poly bush in the dog bone mount. This is due to the flexy being to small and it will cause the hanger to fail.

It's the new version but I plan to fit a poly mount insert anyway! Just had a quick look at your project thread and love what you've done with your car! What issues did Alex have mating up to the BCS catback? Hoping I can fit straight onto my scorpion with no messing about!

Offline ReDBull

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »
On the Relentless 3.5" dp. Is it one of the originals or the revised revision? I have one of the early ones fitted and was told that you should fit a poly bush in the dog bone mount. This is due to the flexy being to small and it will cause the hanger to fail.

It's the new version but I plan to fit a poly mount insert anyway! Just had a quick look at your project thread and love what you've done with your car! What issues did Alex have mating up to the BCS catback? Hoping I can fit straight onto my scorpion with no messing about!

Looking at your photos it looks like the old version with the smaller flexy. Either way if your fitting the insert you'll be ok. I hate the bloody insert though it vibrates so much it g t I n my tits.
Alex had to fabricate a section to make it line up with the BCS. It's the section after the dp with the lambda boss welded in. I'm not sure if it's just because I have the BCS prestige cat back with the extra silancer. Alex message Sam with what he had to do. So it might be worth asking Sam to make sure. Other wise it looked a well made but it's of kit for the price.
Thanks, I'm happy with how the mods are going so far. I'll definitely keep an eye on you thread  :happy2:

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 10:08:11 pm »

Looking at your photos it looks like the old version with the smaller flexy. Either way if your fitting the insert you'll be ok. I hate the bloody insert though it vibrates so much it g t I n my tits.
Alex had to fabricate a section to make it line up with the BCS. It's the section after the dp with the lambda boss welded in. I'm not sure if it's just because I have the BCS prestige cat back with the extra silancer. Alex message Sam with what he had to do. So it might be worth asking Sam to make sure. Other wise it looked a well made but it's of kit for the price.
Thanks, I'm happy with how the mods are going so far. I'll definitely keep an eye on you thread  :happy2:

Ah ok the pic is one ive pinched from Sams page! My downpipe is winging its at fro China as I type this lol.

Next week we will see, fingers crossed that issue may have been resolved in the new tweaked design.

The catback has landed, resisting the urge to get it fitted is tough!

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:54 pm »
Aaaaand Eibach Sportline Ordered!!

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 09:53:55 pm »
Long overdue an update here, haven't been able to upload and pics as I had to use a crappy iPhone 4S until my 7plus arrived!

So the full exhaust arrived:

Fitted! Sounds mega, a bit noisey but can be driven around fairly easily if needed.

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 09:55:44 pm »
Went to my wedding venue and obviously took some car pics on the drive in!

Grabbed an EVOMS intake from a local member

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 03:10:17 pm »
Nice!!!

How does the exhaust sound? Any videos. I bet its a bit much on cold starts though lol

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 04:54:21 pm »
Nice!!!

How does the exhaust sound? Any videos. I bet its a bit much on cold starts though lol

Exhaust sounds great! Has a proper tone to it not just noise if that makes sense. It's loud though! Cold starts are fairly bad, not as bad as my old focus RS mk2 that would set off my neighbours car alarm at 5am  :rolleye:

Vid to come!

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2016, 01:10:16 pm »
Eibach sportlines  :happy2:

Sits nicely, rides super smooth but another 10mm lower up front would have been ideal but for £145 delivered you can't grumble! Wheels need spacing out a touch.

Spent a couple hours cleaning and painting up my bargain front calipers from an 8V S3

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
Re: Josh's Edition 35 - Stage 2
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:45 am »
Looking good mate.

Does your car have DCC?

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 01:40:06 pm »
Looking good mate.

Does your car have DCC?
No DCC mate, rides nice and smooth without it too even on the 19's.

Replaced cam follower yesterday unsure if it had ever been changed but I now have piece of mind.

And finished off the brakes this morning ready to go on. Found some gti stickers similar to the mk7 gti PP brakes

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2016, 10:57:30 am »
Here's a quick vid of the exhaust swap over and before/after runs.

It may not sound it from the vid but it's 10x better now!

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2016, 05:09:25 pm »
Sounds good!

The video doesnt do it justice thought lol

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2016, 07:18:14 pm »
Sounds good!

The video doesnt do it justice thought lol
Yeah it's really hard to capture sound properly and the GoPro doesn't have the best mic lol

Offline JoshH

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2016, 07:19:45 pm »
Brakes on! 2 new uniroyal rainsport 3 fitted and other than that nothing new!

Showed some of the boys how fantastically sh*t launch control is  :laugh: