Make a donation

Author Topic: New car: R32  (Read 130865 times)

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
Re: Maxitrol's New car: R32
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2016, 08:01:49 pm »
Is it me or is your plate a wee bit high?
Awesome arse, btw....

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2016, 08:58:11 pm »
Is it me or is your plate a wee bit high?
Awesome arse, btw....

it's where the old plate was just put it in the same place
but it's not to bad when the car is level
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:00:02 pm by maxitrol »

Offline raz469

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2016, 01:10:01 pm »
Get rid of that wiper arm andy. :fighting:
U dont need it. "live my life 1/4 mile a time..." Once your use to a van just having glass is more then enough.

That back off though. Following this thread closer then a catholic school girl out on her 18th bday. :pomp: :pomp:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:18 pm »
U dont need it. "live my life 1/4 mile a time..." Once your use to a van just having glass is more then enough.

That back off though. Following this thread closer then a catholic school girl out on her 18th bday. :pomp: :pomp:
prefer the wiper arm on as it comes in handy

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2016, 10:30:54 am »

prefer the wiper arm on as it comes in handy

Same. It's handy to have. Just because you can do a mod doesn't always mean you should and a rear wiper delete isn't that aesthetic in my opinion but each to their own I suppose!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2016, 01:28:21 pm »
Looking good Andy. I reckon you need some bigger tailpipes, the standard ones always look a bit puny to me.

Supercharger would be nice, but there's just no cheap way of doing forced induction on a n/a car.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2016, 01:31:59 pm »
Looking good Andy. I reckon you need some bigger tailpipes, the standard ones always look a bit puny to me.

Supercharger would be nice, but there's just no cheap way of doing forced induction on a n/a car.
milltek  is going on but after xmas or might  just get the the tail pipe ends replaced

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2016, 01:34:38 pm »

milltek  is going on but after xmas or might  just get the the tail pipe ends replaced
It'll sound mega. That's one thing you don't get with a GTI, although I quite like the noise mine makes with lots of boost.

Are you putting the Forge brakes on it then?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2016, 01:43:38 pm »

It'll sound mega. That's one thing you don't get with a GTI, although I quite like the noise mine makes with lots of boost.

if  i put the forge brakes on i will have to either put the bbs on and just think it will spoil the driven of the r32 as i will drive it like mrs daisy :signLOL:Just going to lower it on h&r springs and do the exhaust

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2016, 01:49:36 pm »

if  i put the forge brakes on i will have to either put the bbs on and just think it will spoil the driven of the r32 as i will drive it like mrs daisy :signLOL:Just going to lower it on h&r springs and do the exhaust
Fair enough. Although you could always consider getting some nice light 18s in a low offset so you can fit the calipers and keep some comfort. Sell the CKs and you shouldn't be too much out of pocket. They'd be ideal for stopping a heavier car like the R32.

But there's value in keeping things close to OEM I suppose. Just wonder how long it'll be before you get the modding itch and go all out on the R32....

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
Have you considered fitting the Forge BBK and same size size spacers to both axles? That would make your Omanyt clear the brakes and keep the same handling, right? :thinking:

Not sure how much space your Forge BBK require but I thought it's one of the best to fit behind OEM wheels. :smiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2016, 02:52:33 pm »

Fair enough. Although you could always consider getting some nice light 18s in a low offset so you can fit the calipers and keep some comfort. Sell the CKs and you shouldn't be too much out of pocket. They'd be ideal for stopping a heavier car like the R32.

But there's value in keeping things close to OEM I suppose. Just wonder how long it'll be before you get the modding itch and go all out on the R32....
i sold the orig wheels and brakes so would have to go hunting for more wheels and keeping the r32 as orig as possible,but in  sayin all that a super charger might be nice :signLOL:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2016, 02:53:33 pm »
Have you considered fitting the Forge BBK and same size size spacers to both axles? That would make your Omanyt clear the brakes and keep the same handling, right? :thinking:

Not sure how much space your Forge BBK require but I thought it's one of the best to fit behind OEM wheels. :smiley:
would need spacers for these wheels and not a fan of spacers

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2016, 03:20:08 pm »
I'm also not a fan of spacers, most likely for the same reasons as you and them being illegal in my country. Just a pity that you made the investment on them and now you can't use them in your new car. :sad1:

Offline Sulley91

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2016, 08:07:49 am »
few photos i got tonight

famous blue needles

Very nice Andy best colour too  :happy2: