Make a donation

Author Topic: Intake waste of money?  (Read 39315 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Intake waste of money?
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2018, 11:28:46 pm »
Thanks for that so it does restrict thats clear and what I expected just by how much.. Maybe I will just see what he driveability is like under the 2. I just don’t think a filter is for me.

This will be on a KO3 don’t think I mentioned above.

I don't think it will be as restrictive for a K03 as it is for a K04. Your mid range should be good but you might lose something on the top end, where your K03 is less efficient.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:30 pm »
I'm running stage 2+ hardware and tune with the factory air box until my issues with the Racingline intake are resolved.   Works fine.

Shoduchi's findings are inline with what Racingline quote for their intake and if you don't like loud intake noises, it's the kit to get - pending some ongoing investigations into it's fitment issues!   You won't see those kind of gains until you are past 4500ish rpm.   Below that there is no change, so it depends how you drive the car.  K03 is all about midrange, so 5000+ action won't yield masses more power at stage 2 levels. 

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline mart.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2018, 11:43:42 pm »
Cheers for that. It’s basically a car I will use for work the odd commute and then general travel. Basically I should be picking it up soon. It has all he stage 2 stuff don’e I’m just figuring out what I can do without affecting performance too much. I have a track car for hooning around in. This won’t be that.