Make a donation

Author Topic: Very strange folding mirror problem  (Read 2055 times)

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
Very strange folding mirror problem
« on: October 03, 2016, 02:45:06 pm »
Hi guys

Recently I had to take my GTI into the garage in a panic because my window was stuck down with the motor jammed on, making the door hotter and hotter. Eventually after disconnecting the battery, the motor stopped, but the window would not go up again (I had this jam once before and the window DID go back up). So anyway, I get the car back from the garage with a brand new window motor and find that the one touch won't work and the mirror indicator doesn't work either. Back to the garage. Reprograms the one touch and indicator back in - works a charm. However, got it home, turned the switch to fold the mirrors in and only one folds in! Turn it again and one folds in, the other out! Back to the garage - new mirror switch. Problem not solved. Been driving round for a week now with one mirror stuck in and one out, really inconvenient and can't get it in to VW til next Tuesday.

Question: does anyone know what on earth could have happened here (I never had any mirror problems before!) and secondly, can I force the mirror out or will that damage it?

Thanks  :notworthy:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:19:59 pm by em2evol »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Very strange folding mirror problem
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:26:36 pm »
probably the wrong door controller has been fitted or not coded correctly
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:51:51 pm »
I had a similar issue when I fitted folding mirrors to my car. I had to re-code my door modules to get them working correctly, make sure the module ends with an A.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:43:45 am »
I had a similar issue when I fitted folding mirrors to my car. I had to re-code my door modules to get them working correctly, make sure the module ends with an A.

Thanks  :happy2:

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:38:48 pm »
Hi guys... so finally got round to checking the part number - it ends in a G... what does this mean and can I still get an 'A' part from VW?

Thanks   :smiley:

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 10:11:12 pm »
Concentrate on drivers mirror for a moment, get it folded in on the switch, now disconnect the mirror plug from the door module so it remains folded, now using the switch get the passenger mirror to fold in, turn off ignition, plug driver side mirror back into door module should now both work  in tandem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Loads of extra's and retro fits.