Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth problem  (Read 2932 times)

Offline sobbe

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Bluetooth problem
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:52:30 pm »
Hi, i bought a golf mkv gti with bluetooth module 5K0035730a installed with a rns510 radio.

The multifunction steeringwheel isn't coded properly to work with the bluetooth module, so i want to code it with vcds :driver:

But the vcds says that the module installed is 1k0035729e, so i can't code the 5K0035730a. My guess is that my car was fitted with 1k0035729e from the factory.

Is there a way to make the canbus recognize the 5K0035730a bluetooth module instead of the 1k0035729e??

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: Bluetooth problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 08:26:56 am »
Yep....rip it out.

Its located under the drivers seat...NOT the large flat box on the floor pan but in the side channel.
Actually it is directly under the drivers door when shut.   You can access if from a side hole under seat.
Pull it out, its in a black plastic cage which I ripped out too......then unplug cables at each end and bin it.... problem solved!
VW Golf 2.0 Gtd 140 4motion (2005)
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

LeBlaaanc

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:07:17 am »
Hey all, I looked under my driver's seat and didn't find anything in particular under there, I also pulled up the side trim. Any idea if this might be located elsewhere? Maybe somewhere else in a Jetta. Any help is appreciated!

Sorry for bringing this up from the grave but there's literally two forum posts ever about this module.

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:09 am »
They are normally under the front passenger seat. That's where mine is.

Offline Petet

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:33:51 pm »
Probably replying too late but will leave info just in case.

This module is located under the carpet under the drivers seat. It is in the raised floor area where the seat runner is. (Between where the later modules fit and the door)

I managed to remove a few plastic covers and caught sight of it - it's a real pain to get to and has wiring connections at both ends from memory

Once disconnected I managed to code new Bt module fine