Make a donation

Author Topic: Pioneer App Radio 4. Battery drain and MFSW? Also, what springs?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
My brother in law has kindly donated me one of these. Looks to be a fantastic bit of kit after having a play in his car.

Question is, on a MK5 GTI 05 Plate with the MFSW. What adapters will I need to stop the battery drain and to keep hold of the steering wheel controls?

I know it has been asked numerous times but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer.

Also, I'm looking to get a new set of springs as my rears are starting to corrode. I like the ride height currently but another 10/20mm wouldn't go amiss so I'm thinking of lowering a little at the same time.

Who would people recommend, and where would be best to find them?

Thanks
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
Re: Pioneer App Radio 4. Battery drain and MFSW? Also, what springs?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:19:00 pm »
I'd have a look at the VWR springs (these are the ones I have) which are about a 20mm lowering.

I had a pioneer SPH-DA120 and I know the installer used an adapter from Connects2 to retain MFSW controls, but not sure the exact type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |