Make a donation

Author Topic: Which stereo?  (Read 68813 times)

Offline Bearings

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Which stereo?
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2018, 11:52:08 am »
Up and down don't work because they're reliant on being able to access the Radio menu on your MFD, which doesn't work with the RCD330, as far as I can tell none of the mk5/6 compatible MFDs will show you information, not a clue what the vento/polo must use then on the cars they actually come with in india...

...and therefore they need to be controlled by dedicated specific buttons. Makes logical sense. At least there is a simple workaround by stop being lazy, and touching the radio's display to do what I want!  :smiley: At least the volume buttons work!

Cheers!

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2018, 05:23:47 pm »
As a tip, at least in google play music might apply to spotify, if you roll the right hand knob till you get to next track you can just hit that button on the front instead of faffing with the touchscreen for additional skips.
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:08 pm »
Finally got one of these and fitted it at the weekend. So far so good, carplay works really well as does streaming and calling via bluetooth. Radio signal isn't the best at times but can live with that for the amount of time I actually listen to it. Lack of station name in the presets is also slightly annoying but knew about this before purchasing. Overall I'd say it's a worthwhile upgrade unless you have a RNS510 already in which case I wouldn't bother.

@Bearings I purchased the adapter for the mfsw and interestingly the skip track function actually works however it's more annoying if anything as everytime I cycle through the MFD menus it skips the tracks!! Hoping I can get it coded out somehow. The Phone button on the left of the wheel doesn't work - is this the same with yours?

Offline Ads22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2018, 05:00:50 pm »
Since fitting mine ive had Treble speaker codes pop up after a scan. They seem to work - theres slightly less clarity from them but more punchy bass (however that might be the head unit) does that seem normal after installation.

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2018, 03:12:29 pm »
 I am very keen on the RCD330 Plus and want to add a reverse camera to my MK6 Jetta but does anyone have an uptodate link from AliExpress or eBay from a reputable seller?

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline Mark_DF05

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2018, 12:34:34 pm »
The skip tracks feature has become quite annoying now. Don't suppose anyone knows if it's possible to disable it so that I can cycle through the MFD menu with the mfsw up and down buttons without the stereo skipping to the next track?

Offline Pumbachow

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2018, 01:09:49 pm »
Hopefully it does the job. Otherwise its a good unit and makes the dash look much nicer. Only complaint i have is the screen does suffer from glare somewhat- although window tint would see to that. I also cant find anyway to autodim the screen when the lights turn on. Ive looked through the settings, is there something im missing?

Hi Ads22 - did the canbus emulator cable fix your battery drain issue?

I have a '05 Mk5 GTI and am looking for android auto and want to use my MFSW.

I've ordered the RCD330 6RD035187B together with a canbus emulator as linked by PatchySan on page 8 of this tread (also link to the items i ordered below).

headunit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CarPlay-Android-Auto-RCD330-RCD340-Plus-Noname-Radio-187B-C210-For-VW-Tiguan-Golf-5-6/32847367189.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.70ac4c4dnWovo1

Canbus emulator / MFSW adaptor:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCD330-Multifunction-Steering-Wheel-Button-Control-Canbus-gateway-Simulator-Adapter-For-VW-Golf-5-6-Jetta/32867792570.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.70ac4c4dnWovo1

Eagerly waiting for delivery - will update when i get round to slotting this in. If i do end up with the dreaded drain i'll try piggybacking to an ignition switched power supply from the fuse box using one of these bad boys:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071DYPXKG/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1G607OWBV8NZ8&psc=1

Got the idea off a youtube video:

https://youtu.be/dg2Tv-vKPOo?t=5m54s

anyway, hope this is a helpful summary of my plans...hope it works!

Offline Pumbachow

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2018, 11:57:13 am »
Quick update..stereo and canbus emulator arrived with no customs issues. Fitted in under 15 mins all plug and play and everything works perfectly, including all steering wheel buttons! No battery drain either so I'm really happy with the result! Considering getting a rear view camera from the same supplier...

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2018, 06:14:40 am »
Great result  :happy2:

Let us know how you go with the camera if you get it..

Lazy Andy

« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2018, 08:38:36 am »
Hi everyone, first time poster and as expected it’s a question! 

This thread has been really informative so thanks to all of those who have contributed. 

I’ve just bought the bullet and installed and RCD330g “b” spec into my MY06 GTi with the steering wheel module from Ali Expess and the aerial adapter from the UK.  All went extremely smoothly and works unexpectedly well... bar one thing :)

The up / down button on the steering wheel are confused and change the MFD and the track / station simultaneously.  I have a mid line display and later 8 button wheel (L - vol, mute, tel. R - menu, OK, up, down).

My suspicion is that this a car issue rather than a stereo issue as the up down buttons only charged the MFD before and never the audio.

Any ideas how this can be resolved?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline Ads22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2018, 12:30:40 am »
Quick update..stereo and canbus emulator arrived with no customs issues. Fitted in under 15 mins all plug and play and everything works perfectly, including all steering wheel buttons! No battery drain either so I'm really happy with the result! Considering getting a rear view camera from the same supplier...

Sorry for the late reply Yes thats the cable i got. Glad yours is okay, mines been fine since fitting. Interesting all your MFSW buttons work. Do you have high or mid line dials. Im considering adding MFSW buttons to my standard wheel. Does that also include skip track and phone buttons?

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2018, 05:31:53 am »
Did you loose the functionality of the CD player if fitted and I'm assuming the HiLine display won't show sat nav instructions?

Offline Pumbachow

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2018, 11:48:39 pm »
I think I have a high line display...

yes the up and down arrows on the right side of the mfsw skip tracks. Star button is mute and phone button answers / ends calls. Double press of the phone button  redials. Obvs vol buttons work too  :happy2:

No nav info on the cluster display...I've now only got the trip / mpg screen or the settings menu. I've lost the radio / cd info screen. I'll probably just switch the display off as annoyingly skipping tracks also changes the trip display. Ideally I'd like a digital speed displayed.  No idea of that's possible though.

Will hold off on ordering the camera till I've had the service done on Monday at Colin Gunning in Hertfordshire... major service including cam belt, water pump and dsg service. Pretty sure there's a hole in the back box too so considering going aftermarket (milltek?)

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2019, 11:17:45 am »
Hi all

Sorry to bring up an old thread - can the RCD330 be used with the MDI port? I only ask because I'm not too keen on having wires on show and as all my stuff is on the iPod the MDI dock is ideal for me to keep things hidden and keeping the oem steering wheel controls.

Thanks

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2019, 01:47:10 am »
In a word, no