Make a donation

Author Topic: Which stereo?  (Read 68836 times)

Offline spesh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Which stereo?
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2017, 10:18:37 pm »
I've fitted a RCD330G to our ed30 along with an updated can gateway.  I bought both from aliexpress and have had no issues.

Its worth noting that the RCD330G will have some errors as not all functions will work without white dial clocks (BAP).  None of these errors affect its normal use just things like speed sensitive volume wont work.  Personally I think its a smashing unit and does pretty much everything I need and a bit more.

These are the links I used to buy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCD330-Plus-6-5-inch-MIB-UI-Car-Radio-RCD510-RCN210-USB-SD-Bluetooth-RDS-For/32738855484.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.JhaO3o

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Canbus-Gateway-For-VW-Passat-B6-Jetta-5-MK5-Golf-6-MK6-Touran-Skoda-Octavia/1824812044.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.JhaO3o

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2017, 07:28:21 am »
Anyone tried to hook up any optical parking sensors and confirmed they work with the 330 plus? Would be interested to find out if it supported it.

Then the fun task of getting a flip up mk6 reversing camera on a mk5 installed I guess.
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Offline IOMAL

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2017, 06:35:09 pm »
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2017, 09:35:32 pm »
Just wondering how people are finding the 330 units, seriously thinking about upgrading to one soon

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2017, 11:11:05 pm »
Just wondering how people are finding the 330 units, seriously thinking about upgrading to one soon

Still using mine, had it since October 2016 and it's a cracking unit for the money (about £90 these days including shipping) - quick to startup, touchscreen is responsive and it does exactly what I need which is just to play music from my SD Card. I highly recommend it to those looking to add more features over the stock RCD300/RCD500 units while retaining the OEM look.

If you have an Apple iPhone you might want to spend a bit extra for the Apple CarPlay version for additional features like Map Navigation and iTunes integration, a bit pricey from the original RCD 330 but it's still price competitive when you compare to an aftermarket Double-DIN stereo with Apple CarPlay which is almost double the price (anywhere from £300+ without a fitting kit such as fascia's, adapters etc).

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2017, 11:38:39 pm »

Still using mine, had it since October 2016 and it's a cracking unit for the money (about £90 these days including shipping) - quick to startup, touchscreen is responsive and it does exactly what I need which is just to play music from my SD Card. I highly recommend it to those looking to add more features over the stock RCD300/RCD500 units while retaining the OEM look.

If you have an Apple iPhone you might want to spend a bit extra for the Apple CarPlay version for additional features like Map Navigation and iTunes integration, a bit pricey from the original RCD 330 but it's still price competitive when you compare to an aftermarket Double-DIN stereo with Apple CarPlay which is almost double the price (anywhere from £300+ without a fitting kit such as fascia's, adapters etc).

Cool thanks bud, I did look at that but don't overly like the idea of a cable connected to my phone. I have a Caddy for a work van that I use a SD card loaded with music and really like that. How do you find the phone operation on the 330 for making/receiving calls?

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »
Cool thanks bud, I did look at that but don't overly like the idea of a cable connected to my phone. I have a Caddy for a work van that I use a SD card loaded with music and really like that. How do you find the phone operation on the 330 for making/receiving calls?

Call quality is decent, people haven't had trouble hearing me from the other end despite the mic being on the left side. Receiving calls is fine but making calls directly from the unit can be a little bit slow which is why I tend to put my phone on a hands free magnetic phone holder and dial from there, it still goes through the car speakers via Bluetooth so no major issues there.

I like the fact that the RCD 330 will prompt you when your battery is running low (<15% I think) so you can plan to charge it up later and that you can view SMS text messages directly from the unit too.

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2017, 02:59:25 pm »
Received my 330 today, just fired it up and really happy with it so far. It switching on and off with the ignition will I still experience battery drain issues and need to upgrade the CAN if it's doing this? Thanks

Offline spesh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2017, 09:24:47 am »
So I've had the RCD330g (non carplay) radio in for a few months while its great the lack of RDS auto tune is doing my head in meaning it will likely get pulled.  Aside from that the Bluetooth is bang on for music and calls (even though the mic is on the unit and not remote) and the screen/controls are great.

Offline Rado16v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2017, 02:55:30 pm »
This is around £60 delivered now here:

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32823821734.html

And that's the more expensive red menu version, I don't know it differs to the more cheaper unit.

Offline shaunK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »
Has anyone been able to make album artwork show on the 330?

willni

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2017, 06:04:43 pm »
Just curious but if you got a 330 from the UK eg from a written-off polo etc and plugged it in, if it were like the rns510 copies where the stations don't show on Chinese versions, then that should be fixed with a UK version and possibly work with getting album artwork to work.

Offline Rado16v

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2017, 06:36:48 am »
For the user's that have this, can I use bluetooth to stream Spotify?

Also, has anyone managed to use mirror link successfully?

Many thanks

Offline david85williams

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2017, 07:57:50 am »
Bluetooth and Spotify works fine with mine. Not tired mirror link as I have an iPhone.

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2017, 08:17:57 am »
Do the buttons on the steering wheel work?
And what about the climate control does that show and parking sensors.