Make a donation

Author Topic: Which stereo?  (Read 68859 times)

Offline cossielee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Which stereo?
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:16 pm »
where is the best place to get a rcn210 head unit from , theres some on ebay but I unsure if there are genuine
cheers

xokokx

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2017, 05:06:37 am »
Received mine yesterday, all fitted up last night. Perfect condition. Not sure if i got the wrong Fakra cable but i had to leave one aerial unplugged but radio reception is fine. The only downside it seems is that i have lost volume control on the steering wheel. Any ideas if this can be rectified? It's no massive problem just a little niggle. The advantages of bluetooth and phone calls easily out weigh it. Very happy!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here.. Just got the rcd330 plus. My current ride mk5 gt sport.
Just want to check. I got the same fakra cable too.. So should I get thishttps://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antenna-Aerial-Adaptor-Single-Female-Right-Angle-Z-Fakra-to-Double-Male-Z-Fakra-/121871361750?_mwBanner=1 or use the one they supply?

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2017, 12:45:54 am »
Hi everyone, I'm new here.. Just got the rcd330 plus. My current ride mk5 gt sport.
Just want to check. I got the same fakra cable too.. So should I get thishttps://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antenna-Aerial-Adaptor-Single-Female-Right-Angle-Z-Fakra-to-Double-Male-Z-Fakra-/121871361750?_mwBanner=1 or use the one they supply?

Use the eBay link one, it's the exact seller I bought it from and it works fine with my RCD 330.

xokokx

« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2017, 02:36:28 am »

Use the eBay link one, it's the exact seller I bought it from and it works fine with my RCD 330.
I installed it with one antenna. Seem to work too. Maybe radio reception won't be as strong as before

greenhornet

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2017, 06:48:53 pm »
Anyone with a no name 187B version of the RCD330 can upgrade to Android Auto with firmware via USB. I've updated 2 units with my firmware and everything works fine. Anyone interested send me a PM  :smiley:

Simba92

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2017, 11:25:30 am »
Anyone with a no name 187B version of the RCD330 can upgrade to Android Auto with firmware via USB. I've updated 2 units with my firmware and everything works fine. Anyone interested send me a PM  :smiley:

I’d certainly be interested. Please can you provide a link and some details.

This sounds great

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2017, 09:37:07 am »
greenhornet has all the info including the link for the update here:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110801&page=48

Offline Timmsy21

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2018, 08:36:19 am »
Bumping this thread as I’ve just got my 57 plate gti and looking at the 330 plus

Can anyone clear up the RDS and confirm if the unit below has the buttons round the right way?
Would bug the hell out of me if not

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132442790470

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2018, 06:34:17 am »
Bumping this thread as I’ve just got my 57 plate gti and looking at the 330 plus

Can anyone clear up the RDS and confirm if the unit below has the buttons round the right way?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132442790470

That's the same one as I've got.
It will display the station names in small text below the current station you're on but won't show them in the presets.
As for buttons round the right way, do you mean the home button and app icons on the CarPlay screen? If so, then yes. Changing to different languages changes which side they are on.

Offline Timmsy21

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2018, 12:34:01 pm »

It will display the station names in small text below the current station you're on but won't show them in the presets.
As for buttons round the right way, do you mean the home button and app icons on the CarPlay screen? If so, then yes. Changing to different languages changes which side they are on.

Excellent thanks.
By buttons I meant the phone and setup ones. Some of the videos I’ve seen show them in th right place but have functions swapped round the other way

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:44 pm »

Excellent thanks.
By buttons I meant the phone and setup ones. Some of the videos I’ve seen show them in th right place but have functions swapped round the other way

Ah, ok. The buttons should be in the correct place. I think ones with the buttons in the wrong place are the ‘A’ versions that have have an update/upgrade done to them.

Offline mcscoobs

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2018, 09:34:24 am »
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead  :ashamed:

I'd like to upgrade my standard head unit (on my 2008 57 plate Golf GT TDI) to either the R330 Plus or the R340G. However, theres so many to choose from on AliExpress, i've no idea which are genuine ones that I'd want? And also, what else would I need with it, or is it literally plug and play? Bluetooth included I assume?

I want to upgrade the speakers to components too, so hoping this head unit would be suitable to do so? Thanks for any advice!

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2018, 08:12:37 pm »

I'd like to upgrade my standard head unit (on my 2008 57 plate Golf GT TDI) to either the R330 Plus or the R340G. However, theres so many to choose from on AliExpress, i've no idea which are genuine ones that I'd want? And also, what else would I need with it, or is it literally plug and play? Bluetooth included I assume?

Just look for ones that are selling for a reasonable price and have good rep, there are many versions but the keyfactor is this:

Is a CD Player important to you?

YES
- Go for the 6RD 035 187 unit with the 5.0" screen. You can tell as it's the only RCD330 unit that has an eject button and CD slot.

NOT REALLY, I CAN LIVE WITHOUT
- See below...

Do you need Smartphone App Connect Functionality?

NO I DON'T NEED IT
Go for the 6.5" RCD330 6RD 035 187A unit, you can tell as it has the MUTE, SETUP & PHONE buttons on the right. Any Desay or Noname version is fine for this.

I HAVE AN APPLE IPHONE AND WOULD LIKE THIS FEATURE
Go for the 6.5" RCD330 6RD 035 187B unit, you can tell as it has PHONE, APP & SETUP buttons on the right. Any Desay or Noname version is fine for this.

I HAVE AN ANDROID SMARTPHONE AND WOULD LIKE THIS FEATURE

Two choices:

1) Go for the 6.5" RCD330 PLUS 6RD 035 187B unit (PHONE, APP & SETUP buttons on the right) that is "Noname" branded. You can tell if Apple CarPlay version reads out 210.81 rather than CPL24.V1.4.3@C1 which is manufactured by Desay. Why is this important? Because you can self-upgrade the unit software to include Android Auto on Noname units to have this feature.

2) Go for the 6.5" R340G 6RF 035 187E unit (PHONE, APP & SETUP buttons on the right). This is the original Appconnect unit released directly from the factory (not firmware flashed). You may find that this is more pricey compared to a flashed B version for the same function.

NOTES

The units are plug and play to the Car's Quadlock canbus so installation is generally easy. You may need to upgrade the Canbus Gateway to avoid battery drain, look out for any 7N0 907 530 which are generally fitted on to MK6 Golf's.

If you have a MFSW (Multifunction Steering Wheel) prefitted you may find this no longer works with the new unit, you can either buy a new Steering Wheel Module or use a Canbus emulator shown here (this also apparantly fixes the battery drain problem thus making the Canbus Gateway upgrade redundant.)

Most sellers include the radio aerial adapter for you but it doesn't hurt to ask if they can send you the split two to one FAKRA adapter just to be sure for your MK5.

Offline Bodyboarder81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2018, 09:11:39 pm »
Or just buy mine in the for sale section , which is better than all the above  :grin:

Offline mcscoobs

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2018, 01:13:11 pm »

Just look for ones that are selling for a reasonable price and have good rep, there are many versions but the keyfactor is this:

Is a CD Player important to you?

YES
- Go for the 6RD 035 187 unit with the 5.0" screen. You can tell as it's the only RCD330 unit that has an eject button and CD slot.

NOT REALLY, I CAN LIVE WITHOUT
- See below...

Do you need Smartphone App Connect Functionality?

NO I DON'T NEED IT
Go for the 6.5" RCD330 6RD 035 187A unit, you can tell as it has the MUTE, SETUP & PHONE buttons on the right. Any Desay or Noname version is fine for this.

I HAVE AN APPLE IPHONE AND WOULD LIKE THIS FEATURE
Go for the 6.5" RCD330 6RD 035 187B unit, you can tell as it has PHONE, APP & SETUP buttons on the right. Any Desay or Noname version is fine for this.

I HAVE AN ANDROID SMARTPHONE AND WOULD LIKE THIS FEATURE

Two choices:

1) Go for the 6.5" RCD330 PLUS 6RD 035 187B unit (PHONE, APP & SETUP buttons on the right) that is "Noname" branded. You can tell if Apple CarPlay version reads out 210.81 rather than CPL24.V1.4.3@C1 which is manufactured by Desay. Why is this important? Because you can self-upgrade the unit software to include Android Auto on Noname units to have this feature.

2) Go for the 6.5" R340G 6RF 035 187E unit (PHONE, APP & SETUP buttons on the right). This is the original Appconnect unit released directly from the factory (not firmware flashed). You may find that this is more pricey compared to a flashed B version for the same function.

NOTES

The units are plug and play to the Car's Quadlock canbus so installation is generally easy. You may need to upgrade the Canbus Gateway to avoid battery drain, look out for any 7N0 907 530 which are generally fitted on to MK6 Golf's.

If you have a MFSW (Multifunction Steering Wheel) prefitted you may find this no longer works with the new unit, you can either buy a new Steering Wheel Module or use a Canbus emulator shown here (this also apparantly fixes the battery drain problem thus making the Canbus Gateway upgrade redundant.)

Most sellers include the radio aerial adapter for you but it doesn't hurt to ask if they can send you the split two to one FAKRA adapter just to be sure for your MK5.

Quality post, thank you!

So I want Carplay, so have decided on the RCD330 6RD 035 187B. I found this on ebay, is this the exact one I need?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-6-5-MIB-RCD330-Plus-Original-CarPlay-Version-B-Stereo-6RD-035-187-B/252934531446?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&clk_rvr_id=1553703412607&rmvSB=true

Also, read a lot about updating the Canbus... I've got a 2008 57 plate GT TDI, obviously want to avoid battery drain, but I've no idea what canbus I need...? Do I need to get anything else, or is it literally that HU and the revised canbus? Thanks!