Make a donation

Author Topic: Seat Leon FR K04 converted  (Read 12290 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Seat Leon FR K04 converted
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 11:22:55 am »
Thanks guys - slowly but surely. Yeah the map is sh1t. After looking at logs from last night with Dan we come to the conclusion that it looks like a k03 stage 2 map has been uploaded which is just madness. Nowhere near enough fuel for the K04 and as a result there is loads of air/boost and nowhere near the required fuelling.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 06:00:15 pm »

How noisy is it with the sound deadening removed?

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:23 am »
Do you mean the bonnet deadening that I talked about in the previous post or the whole car? It is noisy, but not too bad if you're pootling about. Personally I love how much you can hear at full chat.

Where are you in the country, I could show you if close?

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 09:23:20 am »
Can you record a video?

I think a full cage is a bit much unless its on track more than road. getting in and out to go to test must be a pain lol

Rear cage ftw in you can.

OR

Just say F it and go full on track car :)

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 12:37:15 pm »
Yeah Ill do a video.

To be honest when I bought it the intention was to use it on track more than road and I was just going to drive my girlfriends on the road when needed. I don’t need to drive it at all on the roads really – I live close enough so walk to work etc. and when I do have to drive it the roll cage really doesn't bother me - its not hard to climb into etc. BUT… now I want to drive it on the road more and especially will in summer, and although I have proper bought proper padding for the cage, it is still not properly safe without a helmet. So yeah I think it’s going to have to go. Rear cage at some point but just the harness bar for now.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »
Im Nottingham buddy.  I meant the interior sound deadening.  I did away with the sagging bonnet deadening years ago  :happy2:

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 12:47:41 am »
Pile of stuff to go in is growing. Should get the dsg oil, the engine oil and hopefully the anti lift kit in this weekend.

Miller's nanodrive nt+
New filter and o ring
ECS magnetic sump plug and washer
DSG oil, filter and washer
Powerflex anti lift kit
Rs4 fuel valve
3 bar MAP sensor
New k04 injectors
Fuel filter
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 12:52:00 am by Pesky jones »

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 06:07:53 pm »
Got the miller's oil, magnetic sump plug and filter in today as well as carrying out the dsg fluid and filter service. Wasn't too bad, hardest bit was getting the car level in the air so the stack pipe let the right amount of oil out once refilled etc. Bought a funnel and tube all in one which worked perfectly, link - 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-26327-Oil-Funnel-Tube/dp/B00BWR7B3Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1489409910&sr=8-3&keywords=draper+funnel

Sadly run out of time to try and get the anti lift kit fitted so will do that another time.

Now that's everything done in prep for the rtech visit. Just need to save enough for the stage3 and DSG custom mapping!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:59:05 pm by Pesky jones »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 01:55:01 am »
You're going to love the car once the anti lift kit is fitted as I've done mine and it's wicked less lift more power  :driver:

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 10:24:00 am »
You're going to love the car once the anti lift kit is fitted as I've done mine and it's wicked less lift more power  :driver:

Yeah I need to get it fitted tbh. Looks fairly simple...apart from that passeneger side front bushing bolt. Did you completely remove the gearbox mount @r5gtt and did you jack directly under the gearbox itself to raise it? Were both front wheels in the air? Any tips for this?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:37:50 am by Pesky jones »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 11:00:42 am »

Yeah I need to get it fitted tbh. Looks fairly simple...apart from that passeneger side front bushing bolt. Did you completely remove the gearbox mount @r5gtt and did you jack directly under the gearbox itself to raise it? Were both front wheels in the air? Any tips for this?

Got an MOT done yesterday. Passed with no advisories which is great considering the decat etc.  :evilgrin:

yeah that bolts a nuisance tbh but not a long job to remove battery tray unless you have a stupid air filter shield fitted  :doh:
You need to move the black wiring harness out of the way toward engine to access three of the 16mm bolts and then pry it barward to access the last one. Leave the mount to engine three on. You will need to raise fairly high and better to have the both wheels up or even better all four innit a ramp so engine doesn't move and you struggle to put the mount back in.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 02:06:59 pm »
As the current map on the ECU didnt seem to account for the turbo that had been put on to it, it ran lean - k03 injectors, sensors etc. So having bought all the fuelling hardware plus a few extras for the k04 it was time to send the ECU to R-tech to load a k04 base map on to it. To unplug the ECU from the connectors you need to remove the bracket which is held by four anti-tamper bolts (2 smaller and 2 larger). To remove them you need to cut a slit in the head of the AT bolts to get a screwdriver into.

Whilst the ECU was away, the k04 injectors, rs4 valve, 200bar fuel rail pressure sensor and 3 bar MAP sensor had to be installed, so that when the ECU returned it would run correctly. I had already rebuilt the HPFP with VIS stage 1 internals which are required for running 130bar. As the manifold had to come off to install the hardware I might as well clean the valves as well as installing a runner flap delete kit from AKS. Manifold off:

These were my valves at 62k. Probably be the same again in 15-20k! Perhaps a proper PCV delete and meth might help prevent build-up  :evilgrin:

Half way through cleaning, time consuming process. I used nylon brushes with a drill attachment, petrol and carbon cleaner. I used lakeland stove cleaner which is really strong stuff. You cant leave it in there for too long!

Inlet manifold with RS4 valve, 200bar fuel pressure sensor, runner flap delete with new inlet manifold and throttle body gaskets.

K04 injectors installed back in the cylinder head. I bought new injectors so the teflon seals, washer and the blue o-ring that sits in the fuel rail were present but I had to get the locator clips from AKS which come in an injector build kit.

After putting it back together, I primed the fuel pump a number of times and turned the key a bit nervously! It all fired up ok and after a short drive appeared to be behaving well. After putting my foot down it all seemed great - big smile! And this is just the base map!! After logging I was pleased to see the engine is no longer running anywhere near as lean as it was on the previous map, with lambda now at 0.79 opposed to 0.9. Fuel pressure up to 130bar so the HPFP and injectors seem to be doing their jobs!

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 03:04:34 pm »
Well, what a difference. She's an animal! Worth the wait... Now just have to save up some pennies for the full custom map! And bigger brakes needed @Dan_FR  :happy2: Thanks to Dan for all the help along the way!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »
Good to hear it's running properly now mate. I've got to get a k04 some day!

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 09:01:09 am »
Thanks mate. Im very glad its running nearly properly as well! Few little niggles. Main one being that the DSG map is still the previous sh*tty Uber tuning map, whereas the ECU now has the r-tech engine base map so they dont talk to each other very well. I can't wait for the DSG + full custom map!!

My girlfriend said Ive been in the car more in the last week then I have the entire time I owned it beforehand  :grin: :grin: