Author Topic: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG, Now R-Tech Mapped...  (Read 4483 times)

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG...
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 07:52:11 PM »
Welcome back to the world of the 6R  :evilgrin:

Looking forward to your usual updates!!  :signLOL:

Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual- APR 340 BHP-
Modifications-
Revo Intake
H&R 20mm lowering Springs & ARB's
RNS510 Version P with Video in motion
Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Buckets
Kufatec heated loom and updated climatic control
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 08:35:31 PM »
Great purchase. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with this one !

Offline Saintsteve

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »
Looking forward to seeing your progress fella. :happy2:
Hope all is well with you. :happy2:
Tornado Red Edition30 DSG Build Number 114

Offline eddie pk

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 09:57:51 PM »
nice looking car.... anyone offered to buy it off you yet  :signLOL:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 73
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n23dsk102pi2majkdqervsdm75&/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 10:21:27 PM »
Great to see you have a replacement so soon. I do like the mk6 R - as you say, far rarer than the mk7, and I don't remember the last time I saw one on the road.

Glad to see you bought one in the best colour again. I never considered a DSG car until I tried one, and then I bought it!

Sounds as though you have some great plans - look forward to the future write-ups!

PS - interested to hear about the Poorboys Black hole glaze - never used the brand, but what sort of difference did it make? Worth a purchase before a proper correction?

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Online Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 364
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n23dsk102pi2majkdqervsdm75&/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 12:59:49 AM »
Another great find! Congrats on the new car! Already looks the part as usual for your cars. :drinking:

It doesn't need much to handle the stage 2 power. I know you'll choose wisely every upgrade. :grin:

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 378
  • -Receive: 74
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 08:52:47 AM »
Great to see you have a replacement so soon. I do like the mk6 R - as you say, far rarer than the mk7, and I don't remember the last time I saw one on the road.

Glad to see you bought one in the best colour again. I never considered a DSG car until I tried one, and then I bought it!

Sounds as though you have some great plans - look forward to the future write-ups!

PS - interested to hear about the Poorboys Black hole glaze - never used the brand, but what sort of difference did it make? Worth a purchase before a proper correction?

Thanks Dave, With regards to the Poorboys Black Hole its is a fantastic product. Its primary use is as a filler/glaze but it is also a Paint cleaner, Unlike Autoglym Super Resin Polish which has some fillers Poorboys Black Hole is not abrasive so will not cut the Paint. It will however fill/hide any swirl marks and give that machine polished look and glossiness which is ideal at this time of the Year if you cannot really use the Machine Polisher.

It can be used by hand OR with a D/A set on a low speed with a non abrasive pad, I applied it by hand and removed with a Microfibre.

Of-course it is only temporary and does not provide any protection so a good Wax must be put on after, Good thing is though when it comes to Wax top-up time you can re-do the whole car in under 20 Mins which will remove any left over wax and then add another coat of wax on top again. Probably every 3 Months depending how durable your wax is.

A more permanent solution and obviously one that will give the best finish is to Machine Polish/Paint Correct, If you have Dark Coloured Paintwork though and as mentioned it is not practical to do Machine Polish the car then using PB Black Hole is certainly a good option.

Obviously the Paintwork has to be fully clean of any Tar, Containments etc

Hope that helps?
Previous: Edition 30 number #0952, Edition 30 Number #0337, MK6 Golf R, Edition 30 Number #1799
Current: Mk6 Golf R DSG, R-Tech Stage 1 Engine and DSG Mapped = 320BHP & 356LB/FT

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 72
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 10:10:07 AM »
Here you go bud...

Online Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 364
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n23dsk102pi2majkdqervsdm75&/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
I like chrome tips but I'm sure black tips are much easier to keep black. :laugh:

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 09:33:14 PM »
7/12/16...

Day 3 of ownership and what a busy one it has been, Really happy and managed to get everything done just as it went dark this afternoon!

As you guys have probably figured out by now I am not happy until I have gone through everything on my cars regardless of how recently the car was last serviced etc. As mentioned earlier in the thread I called to R-Tech on my way home from buying the car and purchased various items, I also gave TPS a ring yesterday morning with a list and ordered some Service Items and finally ordered 5 Litres of Millers Nanodrive from Opie Oils.

The car was last Serviced in April this Year about 2000 Miles ago but its was only a Lube Service, Piece of mind now for me as I know everything's been done.

Just scared myself a little looking at the Invoices, Already upto £800 since buying the car, However I budgeted to spend far more buying a 6R in the first place...That is my excuse.

Early Start this morning and today I have done the following...

: Genuine Oil Filter, P/N 06D115562
: Genuine Sump Plug and Washer, P/N N90813202
: Genuine Cabin Filter (Charcoal Version) P/N 1K2819653B
: Genuine Fuel Filter 6.6Bar Version P/N, 1K201051K
: NGK BKR7EIX Iridium Spark Plugs (R-Tech)
: Millers Nanodrive 5W40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil (Opie Oils)
: Genuine Front Wipers Blades, P/N 1Q2998002

: Genuine Camshaft Follower, Latest Revision, P/N 06D109309C
: Genuine HPFP Seal O-Ring, P/N WHT005184
: Genuine PCV Latest Revision, P/N 06F129101R
: Genuine PCV Gasket, P/N 06F103483E
: Genuine Diverter Valve, Revision G, P/N 06F145710G

: Genuine R8 Coil Packs, P/N 06E905115E (R-Tech)
: GFB-DV+ Uprated Diverter, (R-Tech)
: R-Tech Twinplate Heat-shield

And

: Revo Intake (Figured as I will be going beyond Stage 1 this time that I might aswell just bite the bullet and go for a decent Intake)

Also spent probably about an Hour giving everything in the engine bay a good clean as I was going along, Finished off with some Aerospace 303 Protectant.

A few pics from today's graft...

Busy day ahead...

First Job, Cabin Filter...

Fuel Filter, The car already had a 6.6 Bar Version fitted but the date stamped on the body was June 2011 so it was the original Item. I will say this again but these should be made part of the Service items IMO...

Engine Cover was then removed and I changed the Plugs and Coilpacks, The car had the Revision F Coils fitted probably originals, Also had the NGK's fitted which I prefer over Factory Bosch items...

Replacements, Genuine R8 Coilpacks and NGK Iridiums...

Onto the PCV, The car had the original Revision N fitted...

Replaced with a Revision R and new Gasket...

Then the Cam Follower, I am presuming this is the original 38K Mile item and it was in excellent condition. No wear on the coating but looking at the cars History it has been serviced every 9K for the first 3 and then every 5K for the last 2 which will obviously bode well. Good Oil is the key...

Cam lobe in excellent condition also...

Then up onto Axle Stands and the Oil and Filter was changed...

Back on the floor and then next job was the Diverter Valve, The car had the original Revision D Piston type fitted so it wanted replacing!...

Decided to buy a Brand New Revision G Diverter just for its solenoid, I know it was totally overkill and I could have retained the Rev D Solenoid but I am happier knowing its all new, I then fitted a GFB-DV+ onto the new Solenoid...

Once assembled but before fitting the Piston I applied a small amount of Engine Oil around the Piston, This is recommended before fitting to the car to help lubricate the Brass Piston...

Final job was to fit the Revo Intake and R-Tech Twinplate Heatshield, Time was taken when fitting the Intake to get all the hose clips lined up and also getting it to fit as good as possible without rubbing on anything. I was very happy with the end product! Engine bay was also given a tidy up and dressed with Aerospace 303...

Ready to rock and roll, Service Indicator Re-set...

Previous: Edition 30 number #0952, Edition 30 Number #0337, MK6 Golf R, Edition 30 Number #1799
Current: Mk6 Golf R DSG, R-Tech Stage 1 Engine and DSG Mapped = 320BHP & 356LB/FT

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 66
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
You will now proceed to make me extremely jealous with what you do to it.

I am now already extremely jealous :sad1: - I wish I had the same level of knowledge & ability.

You really do put most of us to shame.  :notworthy:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 73
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n23dsk102pi2majkdqervsdm75&/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:25 PM »
Great work - plenty of TLC happening!

Thanks for the info on the Poorboys Black Hole - have looked into it a bit more online - could be a great stop gap until next year when I hope to get a machine polisher. Think it will look very good when topped off with the Colinite wax I've used in the past.

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 10:08:51 PM »
You will now proceed to make me extremely jealous with what you do to it.

I am now already extremely jealous :sad1: - I wish I had the same level of knowledge & ability.

You really do put most of us to shame.  :notworthy:

Thank you, I really enjoy getting stuck in but I do have my limits and with some jobs I would always let a professional do it such as a Timing Belt etc

Great work - plenty of TLC happening!

Thanks for the info on the Poorboys Black Hole - have looked into it a bit more online - could be a great stop gap until next year when I hope to get a machine polisher. Think it will look very good when topped off with the Colinite wax I've used in the past.

Cheers Dave, It is a great product. I have only recently began to use it because of owning the Diamond Black ED30 but just prior to selling the car it was treated to Poorboys Black Hole and a finished with Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

Since the 6R is Steel Grey the PB Black Hold also works a treat, It is best suited to dark Colours. I finished the 6R off with Collinites though as its one of the most durable Waxes available and ideal for Winter.

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »
Couple of questions

Did you use loctite when you fitted the gfb?
I was under the impression that black hole wasn't great for wax to bond to? I have a bottle but never used it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 424
  • -Receive: 436
  • R-Tech Stage 2+
    • St Catherine's Hospice Mid Sussex
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=n23dsk102pi2majkdqervsdm75&/topic,76801.0.html
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »
She's a beauty Simon...looks the shizzle (apparently that a good thing according to the kids).  :ashamed:

Try to keep this one long enough to add some REAL power!  :wink: