Author Topic: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG, Now R-Tech Mapped...  (Read 4521 times)

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 378
  • -Receive: 74
    • Email
Re: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG...
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 08:47:06 AM »
Couple of questions

Did you use loctite when you fitted the gfb?
I was under the impression that black hole wasn't great for wax to bond to? I have a bottle but never used it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I didn't use any Thread Lock on the GFB-DV+, I never did on my previous car either. However both have been K04 Powered Cars and as you probably know the Diverter is easily accessible and is not subjected to any heat unlike on the K03 cars.

So I would probably use some Loctite if my car was a K03.

Not sure about that with regards to Poorboys Black Hole, I have used it twice now once followed by Dodo Juice Purple Haze on the ED30 and then followed by Collinites 845 on the 6R.

Both times the wax was left to cure, Came off fine and is doing what its supposed to.

You can either use a Sealant or a Wax after applying PB Black Hole to protect.
Previous: Edition 30 number #0952, Edition 30 Number #0337, MK6 Golf R, Edition 30 Number #1799
Current: Mk6 Golf R DSG, R-Tech Stage 1 Engine and DSG Mapped = 320BHP & 356LB/FT

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2016, 08:56:01 AM »
She's a beauty Simon...looks the shizzle (apparently that a good thing according to the kids).  :ashamed:

Try to keep this one long enough to add some REAL power!  :wink:

Haha, MC Hammer getting REAL  :grin:

Yes at least Stage 2 would be nice and a DSG Map, Considered 2+ but we shall see.
Previous: Edition 30 number #0952, Edition 30 Number #0337, MK6 Golf R, Edition 30 Number #1799
Current: Mk6 Golf R DSG, R-Tech Stage 1 Engine and DSG Mapped = 320BHP & 356LB/FT

Offline AJP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 388
  • -Receive: 268
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »
I've got a feeling I'm one of the few on here that remembers MC Hammer...!

I'd definitely uprate the fuel pump and go for 2+ Simon. They do wonders for the power delivery on a TFSI. And it'd be a shame not to fully exploit all that grip you've got! I know you like things OEM+ and I reckon you can still create a refined car with 2+ power. Prestige Powervalve, linear R-Tech map etc. It shouldn't feel obviously modded until you floor it.

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »

I'd definitely uprate the fuel pump and go for 2+ Simon. They do wonders for the power delivery on a TFSI. And it'd be a shame not to fully exploit all that grip you've got! I know you like things OEM+ and I reckon you can still create a refined car with 2+ power. Prestige Powervalve, linear R-Tech map etc. It shouldn't feel obviously modded until you floor it.

^THIS.

Without an intake it will still be lovely & quiet but with lots more mid-range
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline AJP

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2016, 09:49:19 PM »
Then go for it. Full on 2+. Trust me on this, these engines struggle for fuel much more than they do for air. Loba or APR. Sorted.

Offline AJP

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2016, 09:50:03 PM »
Ey up... you seem to have deleted the post I replied to..!

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »

^THIS.

Without an intake it will still be lovely & quiet but with lots more mid-range

The car already has a Revo Intake fitted, I put it on yesterday when I did everything else. Stock Airbox will struggle especially at Stage 2 or beyond.

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 12:09:45 PM »
Then go for it. Full on 2+. Trust me on this, these engines struggle for fuel much more than they do for air. Loba or APR. Sorted.

Ey up... you seem to have deleted the post I replied to..!

Sorry about that, I made a reply then deleted it and re-wrote it in the meantime you must have replied or something like that LOL.

Yes I do love OEM and that was the theme on the ED30, However on this car I think I can broaden my horizons a little and a bit of a Fast Road theme appeals to me.

That is why I purchased the Revo Intake straight away, Without having any boundaries with regards to Traction or a Clutch to worry about I can go beyond Stage 1 and the Chassis, Brakes, DSG will handle it with ease.

I know roughly where I want to be with regards to Spec...

Stage 2 OR 2+, Stage 2 Might have to come first with a DSG Map and see how I get on. Meanwhile doing a few Chassis upgrades then at a later date buy a Fuel Pump and Go 2+ once everything else is finished as the icing on the car and a Map Tweak. We shall see.

Been offered some H&R Springs for the right money from a fellow member on VWROC so might take him up on that offer, I will be pairing them with a set of Bilstein B8's and a Superpro Anti Lift Kit. Thats all I plan to do Suspension wise.

I want some lightweight wheels so TDPR 1.2's are my wheel of choice, Couple of themes I have seen on other cars and have liked.

Hurdy's car, Steel Grey with Glass Black 18" TDPR 1.2's, Could keep with the Gloss Black Theme and go for Gloss Black VW Badges and Black Tailpipes on the Exhaust...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:47:49 AM by bonelorry »

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 61
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
Good choice of weapon mate...r-tech do very good maps for the 6R :happy2:

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 11:51:11 AM »
Well I have declined the offer of the H&R Springs, AwesomeGTI currently have a deal on the Volkswagen Racing Damper and Spring Combo....

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/volkswagen/golf-mk6/racingline-performance-spring-and-damper-kit-golf-mk6-r/

£412  :surprised:

A set of those and a Superpro Anti Lift kit and that is the chassis sorted, I have no plans to go any further as to be honest the stock set-up is more than adequate for my driving. Will be a subtle drop too on the VWR Springs and should be a nice combination, Also as the car does not have ACC the VWR Dampers will be a nice upgrade also.

Will get the 4 Wheel Alignment set up afterwords and a new Pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's for the front to match the new pair on the back  :happy2:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 364
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dn91s4u8s9c92lumegp46nlmf0&/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »
Good suspension upgrade. Just wouldn't recommend the Michelin PS3. They're not Sport in the true meaning of the word. The PS4 are the true evolution of the PS2 and really close to MPSS.

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 01:07:58 PM »
Good suspension upgrade. Just wouldn't recommend the Michelin PS3. They're not Sport in the true meaning of the word. The PS4 are the true evolution of the PS2 and really close to MPSS.

Appreciate what you are saying, If the car required a full set of 4 Tyres then I would look at other options but the Rear Tyres are Michelin PS3's and are like new, Would be a waste to dispose of them so might aswell get a matching pair for the front.

Again might just be my driving style but I have never had any issues running PS3's on any previous cars, Obviously if I was pushing it I might find the limits but I have never got close.

Think i would run out of bottle before the Tyre became a limitation!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 02:56:22 PM by bonelorry »

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
I've always run PS3's on my Eddie no dramas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 364
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=dn91s4u8s9c92lumegp46nlmf0&/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2016, 07:50:46 PM »
I see no problem in fitting different tyres in different axles. It's just bad (and illegal in my country at least) when fitted in the same axle. My GT Sport has at the moment Goodyear Eagle F1 Asys 2 almost like new in the front axle and brand new Continental Sport Contact 5 in the rear axle. The car has lots of grip and a balanced handling.

If you check car magazines reviews you can see that:
1. Michelin PS4
2. Continental Sport Contact 5
3. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asys 3
4. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asys 2
5. Michelin PS3

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tyre-guides/36695/tyre-test-2011
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2016-Auto-Express-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2016, 08:03:03 PM »
I see no problem in fitting different tyres in different axles. It's just bad (and illegal in my country at least) when fitted in the same axle. My GT Sport has at the moment Goodyear Eagle F1 Asys 2 almost like new in the front axle and brand new Continental Sport Contact 5 in the rear axle. The car has lots of grip and a balanced handling.

If you check car magazines reviews you can see that:
1. Michelin PS4
2. Continental Sport Contact 5
3. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asys 3
4. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asys 2
5. Michelin PS3

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tyre-guides/36695/tyre-test-2011
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2016-Auto-Express-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

My own OCD dictates not to run mixed brands/tread patterns on my own cars. Annoys the hell out of me LOL.

I don't read magazine reviews either, I could probably fit all 5 sets that are in that review and tell little difference on my commute to work, I never do track days. I do however like a quality brand on my car and would be happy with Continental, Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli or Bridgestones. It just so happens I have set of brand new PS3's on the rear but the Conti's on the front are nearly worn out so want replacing.

Apologies if I am coming across awkward, Not my intention.