Author Topic: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG, Now R-Tech Mapped...  (Read 4523 times)

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 378
  • -Receive: 74
    • Email
Re: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG...
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2017, 10:39:18 PM »
Car p0rn as usual! :notworthy:

Hope you like the tyres and the new feeling of lightweight wheels. :happy2:

Thanks Shoduchi, Looking forward to taking the car on Saturday for the remap. Will give me a good chance to put a few Miles on the car and see how it now drives.

Looks stunning good job fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

One word..... Stunning. Wheels look :drool:

Need some more pics.

Thanks you, Over the Moon with how the car is now looking and the condition. Totally different car to when I first picked it up a Month ago.

I will certainly take some more pictures in a better location at some point soon, I was cutting it fine with daylight today so didn't bother moving the car off the drive and took the pics there and then. Plus I was freezing my knackers off  :grin:

For wheels it's got to be a ceramic coating for me, and maybe some FK1000P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input, Always open to suggestions with products. The Collinites is very old fashioned, I have heard good things about Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour which I was considering buying.
Previous: Edition 30 number #0952, Edition 30 Number #0337, MK6 Golf R, Edition 30 Number #1799
Current: Mk6 Golf R DSG, R-Tech Stage 1 Engine and DSG Mapped = 320BHP & 356LB/FT

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
I have some absolutely mint diamond cut monza wheels, gave them a coating of C5 and keep topped up with good old FK1000P, it's a good combo. I also rate the C4 for plastics (standard gti).

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »
Your going to have to stop updating this build thread because it makes me want a 6R more & more every time I look!

Looks absolutely stunning though, good progress so far. The TD's really suit the car aswel, always liked the grey and black combo.

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2017, 05:57:41 PM »
Thank you for all the comments  :smiley:

6/1/17...

Dropped the car off at Statller's in Sheffield this morning, Had the obligatory hour long chinwag with Steve and Craig which I enjoyed and a good look around the workshop....A couple off 500+BHP big Turbo TFSI's in there at the moment!

Decided to bugger off to York for a few hours on the Train....Freebie of course! Perks of the job as Train Driver.

Called back at 3PM to pick the car up, Was greeted by Steve who praised the condition of the car and said he gave it a once over while on the ramp and all good nothing at all to report. He also said I can tell its your car with how anal everything is condition wise LOL.

Fantastic Service as always and highly recommend these guys, They really know their stuff when it comes to these cars and I am more than happy leaving my own cars with them which speaks volumes.

Today the car has had...

: DSG Service, Oil Change inc Filter
: Haldex Service, Oil change inc Filter
: Brake Fluid Change

All Genuine parts used.

Ready to rock and roll for the trip to R-Tech in the morning!

Excuse the crappy mobile phone pic...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:56:42 PM by bonelorry »
Previous: Edition 30 number #0952, Edition 30 Number #0337, MK6 Golf R, Edition 30 Number #1799
Current: Mk6 Golf R DSG, R-Tech Stage 1 Engine and DSG Mapped = 320BHP & 356LB/FT

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2017, 08:03:56 PM »
Thank you for all the comments  :smiley:

6/1/17...

Dropped the car off at Statller's in Sheffield this morning, Had the obligatory hour long chinwag with Steve and Craig which I enjoyed and a good look around the workshop....A couple off 500+BHP big Turbo TFSI's in there at the moment!

Decided to bugger off to York for a few hours on the Train....Freebie of course! Perks of the job as Train Driver.

Called back at 3PM to pick the car up, Was greeted by Steve who praised the condition of the car and said he gave it a once over while on the ramp and all good nothing at all to report. He also said I can tell its your car with how anal everything is condition wise LOL.

Fantastic Service as always and highly recommend these guys, They really know their stuff when it comes to these cars and I am more than happy leaving my own cars with them which speaks volumes.

Today the car has had...

: DSG Service, Oil Change inc Filter
: Haldex Service, Oil change inc Filter
: Brake Fluid Change

All Genuine parts used.

Ready to rock and roll for the trip to R-Tech in the morning!

Excuse the crappy mobile phone pic...

Looking good with the new wheels  :congrats:
I'm up to see Steve this month  :party:
Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual- APR 340 BHP-
Modifications-
Revo Intake
H&R 20mm lowering Springs & ARB's
RNS510 Version P with Video in motion
Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Buckets
Kufatec heated loom and updated climatic control
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2017, 04:08:14 PM »
7/1/17...

R-Tech time!

Nice early start again and today was was my 4th visit to R-Tech and on 4 different cars and yet again over the moon with the results. Took the Golf R down today for an R-Tech Custom Stage 1 Map & R-Tech DSG Map.

I have had suspicions that my car was not totally standard from Day 1 just by the way it drove in comparison to my previous 6R and discussed this with Niki about 3 Weeks ago and after an initial Power Run today it was confirmed.

It seems the car already had an Unkown Remap of some description? The Gearbox still had the stock mapping so was hitting the DSG Torque limit of 320LB/FT and then limiting the Torque creating quite a dull driving experience as it was totally flat and in-between Gear Changes there was a slight delay also.

The unkown map was removed and a New Base File and DSG Map was uploaded, After various Power runs including some Road Driving and Data Logging the map was tweaked to minimise Surge and the end results where....

320BHP & 356LB/FT Of Torque!

Niki suspected the car might have had the Pre-Cat removed at some point as the car seemed to want to keep on making power but he capped it at 320BHP to be on the safe side.

Totally different car to drive, Just pulls and pulls and the Mid Range and Partial Throttle is much better. The DSG Map is also superb, So quick through the gears and sounds fantastic!

I was initially disappointed to find out the car was already mapped and even though figures wise the Peak BHP is similar to when the car first arrived the way the car drives is like night and day! Plus the added Bonus that the car now has a proper map installed and is totally safe.

Offline Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 394
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2017, 04:15:21 PM »
Excellent results Simon--I see Statller's are a agent for hpa turbo kits for my car,did i say mine was staying  standard :innocent:

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
Excellent results Simon--I see Statller's are a agent for hpa turbo kits for my car,did i say mine was staying  standard :innocent:

Yes very happy, Piece of mind knowing the car Software is spot on too!

Yes Statller do some high power builds  :laugh:

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2017, 07:05:31 PM »
Great results and a fantastic looking car. Just shows it isn't always max BHP that counts. Can imagine those 37 extra torques make it feel like a completely different car.
Current: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »
Great results and a fantastic looking car. Just shows it isn't always max BHP that counts. Can imagine those 37 extra torques make it feel like a completely different car.

Thank you,

Yes the extra Torque is noticeable and mainly because it actually makes and holds the Torque now rather than being limited by the DSG Software! Its a broader band which makes the Mid-Range really come alive now. Totally different car to drive.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 364
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ov02pe91v698utmh1ln1uatcj5&/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG, Now R-Tech Mapped...
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »
Great stage 1! Very happy with the outcome you got!  :drinking:

Must be much more fun to boot from lower revs now and should get better mileage too.  :driver:

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »
Great stage 1! Very happy with the outcome you got!  :drinking:

Must be much more fun to boot from lower revs now and should get better mileage too.  :driver:

Thanks Shoduchi!

Totally different car to drive now, The combination of over 300LB/FT Of Torque between 2800RPM-5300RPM peaking at 350LB/FT and 4WD makes it super flexible and in any weather, It actually surprised me on my way to work this morning on a damp-ish stretch of road and exiting a corner I buried my foot in 3rd Gear and it just got on with it. Additionally you do not have to feed the power using the Throttle, It is just a case of picking your point and putting your foot down, Really impressive! Added to that how good the DSG is.

Yes, I am very happy with it! Roll on Stage 2+  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:18:04 PM by bonelorry »

Offline Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 394
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2017, 01:37:24 AM »
dare i say this one is a keeper for a while :smiley:

Offline bonelorry

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2017, 02:16:38 PM »
dare i say this one is a keeper for a while :smiley:

Very possible!

Car is pretty much perfect and just how I want it now.....Fully Serviced Including DSG & Haldex, Brand New Suspension, Brand New Wheels, Brand New Tyres, Fully Detailed, Remapped.

I would be crazy to let this one go yet, I set myself a target of 6-12 Months for this one  :grin:

Offline prp74

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 117
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2017, 06:29:48 PM »
I would be crazy to let this one go yet, I set myself a target of 6-12 Months for this one  :grin:

:signLOL:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Park Assist, Keyless, 19" Santaigo's