Make a donation

Author Topic: MK7 GTI spec  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
MK7 GTI spec
« on: December 24, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
Hi,

I have had my MK5 Golf GTI for over 8 years now and I think its time for a change, I am looking at trading it in for a MK7 Golf GTI. My MK5 is fairly well spec'd (Leather seats, 18" Alloys, Xenons etc) so im starting to look at the options available on the MK7 Golf GTI. I will be buying a used car but I have my heart set on one with the Performance Pack as one of the options. Am I right in thinking that the MK7 GTI comes with Xenons as standard? Also does the Performance Pack come with the option to change driving modes - sport etc?

Any other advice or suggest options would be appreciated... :popcornsoda:

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: MK7 GTI spec
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »
Yeah the xenons are standard and with the PP it gives you driving mode options. Worth waiting for the right spec. Prices have come down since I got mine in March. Luckily I found a low mileage 1 owner car with all the spec. Good luck with the search and it's definitely worth it. The R is also coming down in price but with basic spec.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 04:34:31 pm »
Yeah the xenons are standard and with the PP it gives you driving mode options. Worth waiting for the right spec. Prices have come down since I got mine in March. Luckily I found a low mileage 1 owner car with all the spec. Good luck with the search and it's definitely worth it. The R is also coming down in price but with basic spec.

Thanks for the reply and the info. PP is top of the list then. I cant really see much else as optional extras that I would want, any other options would be a bonus. Leather seats would be a nice to have I guess.

What options do you have? Any pics?

Offline prp74

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »
I have leathers, park assist, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, PP, keyless & 19" Santiago alloys.

Sorry these are the only ones I have at the moment
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:25:55 pm by prp74 »
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:44:18 pm »
Very nice spec!!

Offline prp74

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 05:52:10 pm »
Thanks.

Take your time and wait for the right car and right spec. Good luck with the search. The mk7 is definitely worth it.

Offline Fletch..gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 02:01:48 pm »
Hi I not long got rid of my mk5 golf time  (9years) same as you but I got a mk7 r . It's got loads on it but I think the best is pan roof , reversing camera , apple play ( really good if you have a I phone )

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »
Just traded in my mk7 GTI PP in Carbon grey. Has leather, 8in discovery pro with Dynaudio, carnet, reversing camera, sunroof, self park, pm me and I'll let you know where if you're interested.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 08:17:48 pm »
Rather Than make a new post will add here. Does the performance pack on the post 14 year cars come with the Uprated diff, one I am looking at is a 64 plate with the red rear GTI badge dealer is not sure if it has?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 09:57:02 am »
Rather Than make a new post will add here. Does the performance pack on the post 14 year cars come with the Uprated diff, one I am looking at is a 64 plate with the red rear GTI badge dealer is not sure if it has?

Yes it does, and the Golf R front brakes  (painted red) :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr