Make a donation

Author Topic: Unfortunately, i need a medium size SUV, tiguan, qashcai, CRV or similar?  (Read 4994 times)

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
Re: Unfortunately, i need a medium size SUV, tiguan, qashcai, CRV or similar?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
Well....Have tried a whole load over the past few weeks.
Used.
Skoda Octavia diesel dsg scout 4x4 probably the best, but very niche come resale time, he's been months trying to shift it!
Impresed with Qashcai, but not at all liking the daft glass roof.

New...now considering a 3 yr rental??? With Gap insurance!!!

New seat Ateca ok, but felt very wooden handling, and no diesel 44 autos yet. Unbelievably you can get this suv with a 1.0 engine! They could only get me a diesel manual to test drive, but they do dsg allegedly...
Renault Kadjar excellent ride, handling very good reviews...but typical French flimsiness very apparent. They do give a 4 yr warantee now tho. But...no diesel  44 auto. Otherwise might have been tempted for a rental?
New skoda kodiak too big, and a seven seater. My kids long gone...
Kia sportage very nice, but not now that cheap, and 7 year warantee no interest to me as a rental, will be long gone by then! Very hard to find diesel auto at all, never mind used to buy.

New Tiguan therefore currently my favourite, as ticks all my boxes, 44 diesl auto etc and either 150 or 200 hp 2ltr engines.
I was amazed to find it had a heated steering wheel as well as the seats. Never seen this other than on a volvo before- lovely! Do the golf 7s have this option?
Other thing of nterest is that tiguan rental good value compared with much cheaper Kadjar. Broker says this because depreciation on Renault so high.

Didn't try new land rovers, audi, bmw etc or volvos as more than i want to pay for a tool to get me to work. Tried my pals new X4, very nice, but besides the cost... That whole 44 coupe thing seems a bit odd to me? He loves it, after 3 last being X3s. His advice was that 44 a must down here in this type of car. That said, he borrows my old cabby to shift his boat, as bmw wanted £1k for a tow bar!

I really don't want to comit more than £18k of my own money to this, so a rental tigaun looks likely atm. 8 week min delivery...
Any thoughts fellas?

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:22 am »
Did you consider the Audi Q3?
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 10:37:40 am »
Did you consider the Audi Q3?

Considered, but generally unwilling to pay Audi tax, especially on a vehicle I need rather than want...also have strong aversion to local dealer since I went there many years ago to buy a new A1 when they came out first, and was treated like a piece of sh1t by hooray henry types on sales team (too busy then seling A6's)...they actually refused to lift the bonnet off so I could see the engine!

As above re depreciation, looked at audi lease, and basically you seem to get a Q2 for Tiguan money.
Didn't try a Q2, susect its too small for 7 hour motorway run, and too new/trendy to get decent orice offers?

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 07:28:36 am »
So, decision finally had to be made; thanks for all inputs above.
I have "bought" (actually leased for 3 years, with an optional 4th) a new Tiguan. They nowadays look very much like the poor mans Q3, so not too offensive for an SUV? It should serve nicely as a tool for work.
150HP diesel BMT, DSG, 4 Motion, SE Nav. White - so already christened the "Chav Wag" by my daughters ( no offence intended to any other owners of white SUV's who may be reading)  :wink:
A stock car gives 3 weeks delivery, as currently 11 week wait min on build orders. People are actually willing to wait 39 weeks for delivery of the Tig R-Line :stupid:
Being stock means I must have a few optional extras that I would not have otherwise wasted my money on, such as keyless entry, and an electric tailgate! But have missed out on my heated MF steering wheel with flappy paddles (£250).
Astounds me what extras people "need"; that said I am unfortunately old enough to remember poo-pooing electric mirrors!
Debate on Tiguan forum atm as to wether auto self park systems can be used to park in perpendicular bays - facing inwards!  :indifferent: