Make a donation

Author Topic: Reversing Camera Issue  (Read 4551 times)

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
Reversing Camera Issue
« on: January 15, 2017, 09:05:20 pm »
Evening all. I have had a quick search and found a few 'camera issues' topics but none the same as mine.

We have a factory fitted reverse camera on our MK6. It has worked faultlessly until recently. When you select reverse the screen changes to the camera and the camera opens, but the screen stays black. I have had my brother run Vagcom on the car and it comes up with

02873 - Control Module for Back-Up Camera (J772)
        004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent          Freeze Frame:
                Fault Status: 00100100
                Fault Priority: 5                 Fault Frequency: 8
                Reset counter: 213
                Mileage: 64776 km
                Time Indication: 0

I have had a search of Google and some seem to think it is a broken wire possibly in the boot. I am not touching it currently as it is going back to VW next Tuesday. We bought it used about 14months ago and it has been back for Warranty work just before it was out of warranty on the rear sensors and media issues, as it all went hay wire for no reason.
The dealership have been unable to clarify the original warranty works that they carried out and therefore I have questioned have they caused this or should it have been looked at with the original issues?

Has anybody had a similar issue on their MK6 and what was the resolution? I am going to listen to what VW have to say next week, I am sometimes (not necessarily justified) sceptical about dealers advice, so always like to go armed with some information.

Cheers all.

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Reversing Camera Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:40:08 pm »

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:55:41 pm »
Most times ive seen this is because of broken wire. If they cant repair it, i have a brand new mk6 camera available for sale soon.

I normally leave a bit of slack on the cable before fitting these to avoid the wires from snapping.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:58:30 am »
Thank you very much both, I had seen various topics on the broken wire. From vagcom I was expecting a module replacement, hopefully this will do it and they can do it while diagnosing!
Will keep everyone upto date

Ta Rich

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 08:05:33 am »
I shall have a brand new reverse camera badge pretty soon if you're interested. Just in case vw can't fix or replace it.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk